PDA

View Full Version : My first Tat

Humpdebump
04-07-2011, 05:02 PM
I just had my first Tatuaje, it was a El Triunfador that I received off the Newbie trade from Howard/HollywoodQue. I was a little nervous about trying a Tat because I heard they are full cigars and my pallet can only handle mediums. I gotta tell you, what a smoke. It's a medium cigar with very little to no spice and very creamy. I can't tell you the tastes cause I'm not that good yet. The draw was excellent and so was the burn. I will definitely be ordering some of these to keep in my humi. I just received a couple of Cabaiguans and also have a La Riqueza that I'm going to try. For anyone with a medium pallet and would like to try a Tat, I definitely recommend these. Thanks to HollywoodQue for a great smoke. :tu

Remo
04-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the review, I just got bombed some Tats and I am dying to try them, too bad the weather here sucks sdo it will be awhile yet.

NCRadioMan
04-07-2011, 05:47 PM
The El Triunfador blend is not the same as the base line Tat or special releases which tend to be on the full side. When people just say Tatuaje, they usually mean the Brown, Black or Red Label. This cigar is not referred to as a Tat. It's an El Triunfador by Tatuaje. And I agree, great cigars. The lancero rocks!

TBone
04-07-2011, 06:26 PM
I too can't handle the stronger sticks I would recommend the Tat White similar in flavors of the El Triunfador...thanks for the review

HollywoodQue
04-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Glas that you enjoyed them Chris...be happy that I didn't send one of my last Tat Barclay Rex 100 anniversary.... now that's a full flavor pepper attack...lol

Bill86
04-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Or a Pork Tenderloin they pack a very decent Vitamin N punch. But so tasty. The DPG My Father Lancero is also quite the Vitamin N bomb, I like them though. The lancero size is so underused.

hscmit
04-07-2011, 07:41 PM
yep this is a very nice stick
glad you got to enjoy one

Humpdebump
04-07-2011, 08:22 PM
The El Triunfador blend is not the same as the base line Tat or special releases which tend to be on the full side. When people just say Tatuaje, they usually mean the Brown, Black or Red Label. This cigar is not referred to as a Tat. It's an El Triunfador by Tatuaje. And I agree, great cigars. The lancero rocks!

Good to know, I'll have to keep that in mind when I have the others :tu

thecatch83
04-07-2011, 10:38 PM

And white labels, which I still have a ten of. Great daily/morning sticks ;).....the AM's are great as well

Chavez
04-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Well, you have broken the seal. Might want to consider finding a part time job to cover the new cigar tab;-)...

La Riqueza is, in my opinion, one fantastic blend. Definitely not as full bodied as the regular Tatuaje lines, but just as refined and classy. Sounds like you're getting broken in good and proper!

RatherUneek
04-08-2011, 08:01 AM
You may also consider the Havana VI (red label). That was my first Tat and i really enjoyed it. That is what got my to try non-mild cigars. I thought that I only could handle mild smokes because I was a new smoker and just thought that was the way it was supposed to be. I'm not saying that's the case with you thought. But seriously consider the Havana VI, great smoke.

KenyanSandBoa
04-08-2011, 08:32 AM

:tpd: The El Triunfadr lancero with the broad leaf maduro is one of my favorite sticks of all time. :dr:dr

And white labels, which I still have a ten of. Great daily/morning sticks ;).....the AM's are great as well

The white label is still one I haven't tried...which sucks because aren't these discontinued?

Sin
04-08-2011, 01:27 PM
:tpd: The white label is still one I haven't tried...which sucks because aren't these discontinued?

Theyre coming back in a sumatra wrapper I believe.

jesseboston81
04-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Well, you have broken the seal. Might want to consider finding a part time job to cover the new cigar tab;-)...
:tpd: Tats are delicious, but be warned that in the not-too-distant future you'll be scraping together the last of your pennies and trying to track down yet another single-store release. The path of the Tat whore is steep and slippery (and tasty)!

issues
04-08-2011, 01:32 PM
:tpd: Tats are delicious, but be warned that in the not-too-distant future you'll be scraping together the last of your pennies and trying to track down yet another single-store release. The path of the tat whore is steep and slippery (and tasty)!

Amen!!!

KenyanSandBoa
04-08-2011, 02:00 PM

No kidding?!?!? I'll have to keep an eye out for those.

thecatch83
04-08-2011, 06:52 PM
The whites as far as I know are discontinued......and the Ambos Mundos is the new budget Tat. Not sure about a Sumatran, but that sounds delicious!

Humpdebump
04-08-2011, 07:04 PM
I better watch my step and not slip on a loose rock an fall down hill. I'm gonna try the Cabuiguan and La Riqueza before I order some more. Might as well make it all at once, and also try the Havana VI and Ambos Mundos. $hit, I think I'm already slipping.

thecatch83
04-08-2011, 09:20 PM
The Havana VI (especially the Angeles) is outstanding, and a go to stick if there ever was one!

KenyanSandBoa
04-12-2011, 09:56 AM

The whites as far as I know are discontinued......and the Ambos Mundos is the new budget Tat. Not sure about a Sumatran, but that sounds delicious!

I actually just got an email about these today:

Series P Sumatra

The Series P was originally created in 2006 and comes back again in 2011. Made in the "cuban sandwich" style using both long and medium fillers and a Sumatra wrapper. Medium bodied, all Nicaraguan tobacco. It is made in Esteli Nicaragua at the My Father Cigars factory. Also referred to as the "White Label", it is packed in boxes of 20 this time around, further transferring the value of this quality smoke.

Series P Short Robusto (4 1/2 x 52) - New for 2011
Series P Robusto (5 x 50) - New for 2011
Series P Toro (6 x 50) - New for 2011

Humpdebump
04-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the info, might have to give those a try