PDA

View Full Version : Everyone please read

auburnfan1980
11-18-2008, 09:49 PM
After talking it over with the mods early this morning, I've decided to post a public explanation as well as apology to all affected in a situation so I can move forward on this new forum and try my best to enjoy my time here.

I received a private message last night that I will post here, but the sender's name will remain anonymous:

I just saw one of your posts and read your intro to CA. I'm not trying to be an asshole, but your "hiatus" from CS wasn't exactly self-imposed. I'm glad you can get a fresh start on this new board, but please be aware that several people know know why you went on "temporary ban" there. It's upsetting to see you get a clean slate here without ever apologizing for or explaining your non-payment in the contest (last March) on CS.

Let me clarify: After the end of the first quarter of 2008, I was going through a few difficult struggles in both my personal/professional life. I'm not going to elaborate on what those struggles were, because it's noone's business other than to know that it was possibly the toughest time in my life that I've ever endured. It was during this time that I decided to take a "hiatus" from Club Stogie, as it was consuming a large quantity of my time and with the imminent failure of a start up cigar shop, I needed to get away from the "scene" for a while. Where I went wrong was having a "damn-it-all" attitude, and leaving without making sure I had any open obligations to anyone on the forum at the time. I was registered in the CS Lottery and though I had assumed my announcement to leave the board was sufficient in withdrawing from the lottery, I was incorrect...leaving my 5'er owed to the winner (yourchoice) unpaid, but graciously taken care of by pnoon himself. I'll try to make a long story short, but after two months, I tried to log into the site for the first time, only to find that I was banned. (Please note: not one time did I receive a personal email notifying me of being banned or reminding me of failure to pay my obligation....all notices were contained within the site which I had not visited.) I had several emails exchanged back and forth with the site owner, took some things he said personally, said some things I didn't mean since I felt he was insulting me, and to be honest...we both made ourselves look like asses.

I recognize I was at fault in this situation, but I desperately want everyone to know that this was an HONEST mistake as my family's health and my personal financial welfare was at stake during this time and (no offense) in no way was I remotely concerned with an online forum community when it came to family. I should not have left so suddenly without making sure ALL obligations had been met, and yes, that is completely my fault and noone else's. I deeply regret my lax judgement and it's apparent that many of you I used to call friend are still holding a grudge against me for this mistake.

I've contacted all parties involved personally, and have taken the necessary steps to make things right. This is a new forum, NOT Club Stogie, and I will not put up with messages such as the one listed above. I'm publicly humbling myself and asking everyone's forgiveness if your trust in me was damaged by this situation or you feel personally hurt and/or betrayed by it. The thing I'm most hurt by is the fact that several of you had gotten to know me, actually met me at a couple of different herfs, and after months of building a great reputation amongst our friends, had my integrity questioned because of a mistake like this. If the relationship between us has been permanently damaged, I'm truly sorry and I hope you'll eventually forgive me, but I'm moving on. I'm here on a new forum, with a new outlook on life, and I don't need the past thrown in my face every time I turn around. If you can't handle this, I'm washing my hands of the matter right here. However, if several of you all feel the same was as the brother who sent me this message and cannot accept my apology, please be completely honest and say so in response to this. If I feel it will be detrimental to the enjoyment of the forum for any of you if I were to stay here, I'll gladly find another place to congregate with like-minded men/women, though I'd really love to stay.

That's all I've got, so if you have a frustration with me, now's the time...air it out...I'm a big boy and I'm ready to put it behind us, so let's hear it, and hopefully those of you affected can forgive me.

Sincerely,

Jason (Auburnfan1980)

SmokeyJoe
11-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Glad you are stepping up now... and the explanation was necessary to start fresh. Hope you enjoy the Asylum. :ss

dcamacho
11-18-2008, 10:02 PM
things happen all the time .... and there's way to many great cigars and way to many great people to live life on the past or with grudges or even pass a chance of meeting someone you can call a friend. i respect how you're reaching out to your BOTL , i wish u all the best man! :)

BamBam
11-18-2008, 10:05 PM
I don't know you so I got no beef with you. You're mannin up to your mistakes and that's good enough for me.

My only curiosity is if you ever re-paid pnoon for taking care of your mistake?

auburnfan1980
11-18-2008, 10:21 PM
I don't know you so I got no beef with you. You're mannin up to your mistakes and that's good enough for me.

I was told to "pay-it-forward" and bomb the hell outta somebody. ;)

BamBam
11-18-2008, 10:24 PM

Doesn't get any better than that. :tu

Welcome to CA. Glad you're here and I think you handled everything awesome.

You made a mistake and owned up to it. What more can we expect.

If anyone can't let it go then that's what the Ignore function is for :tu

pnoon
11-18-2008, 10:31 PM

Jason and I have communicated extensively via PM. No "repayment" is expected or necessary.

Ahbroody
11-18-2008, 10:46 PM
welcome I also got no beef with any of this. Shiet happens. As long as you man up and make it right thats what matters.

Let he who is without error in life hold the grudge. Pretty sure anyone holding a grudge has probablly errored in life as well and wanted that to be forgiven. We all make mistakes it takes a man to accept his errors. It also takes a man to over look ones errors.

icehog3
11-18-2008, 11:41 PM
To the fresh start, Jason. :chr

bobarian
11-19-2008, 12:11 AM
To the fresh start, Jason. :chr

:tpd: I know nothing of your past transgressions, but the fact that you are willing to step up and make a public apology is good enough for me. We all have made mistakes, its how we face them that shows the true person.
Welcome to the Asylum.:salute:

groogs
11-19-2008, 06:16 AM
:tpd: I know nothing of your past transgressions, but the fact that you are willing to step up and make a public apology is good enough for me. We all have made mistakes, its how we face them that shows the true person.
Welcome to the Asylum.:salute:

:tpd: Welcome to CA.:tu

Smokin Gator
11-19-2008, 06:24 AM
Whatever your past transgressions were... I think the way you have handled in here is a good model for anyone. Congrats on being here brother!!

Cigarcop
11-19-2008, 06:35 AM
I agree with all the above and don't know the extent of it all, but it does take a big man to fess up and if all goes well you'll be herfin again with friends.

Good luck and welcome to CA:ss

poker
11-19-2008, 06:38 AM
And thats the way its done. Nice to see you man up and make amends.
Welcome to a fresh start here.

ucla695
11-19-2008, 06:39 AM
Welcome to CA! I hope you're out of troubled waters and have smooth sailing ahead. :chr

dunng
11-19-2008, 06:39 AM
Welcome to the Asylum! How's the store doing? :ss

SeanGAR
11-19-2008, 06:40 AM
I still have a big problem here ... you haven't apologized for being an Auburn fan.

I want to see video of you doing an enthusiastic job of a GATOR CHOMP. :r

The rest ... well, you manned up.. I hope your troubles are behind you.

auburnfan1980
11-19-2008, 06:48 AM
I still have a big problem here ... you haven't apologized for being an Auburn fan.

My troubles aren't behind me....have you seen the way we've played this year?!? There's been a lot of :c going around on Saturdays this year, i'm afraid. Don't tempt me about the gator chomp....I mean, I have no problem with you guys...seems Auburn is the one team you guys can't beat! ;)

Jason

ahc4353
11-19-2008, 07:00 AM
Jason,

Takes a good man to admit when he was wrong. We can all learn from our mistakes as well as those made by others. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what happened.

I'm sure most, if not all, of the folks here will respect you for this post and move forward.

Welcome to our new home it is a great place to be. Kick your shoes off and make yourself comfy.

Al

auburnfan1980
11-19-2008, 07:12 AM
Jason,

Takes a good man to admit when he was wrong. We can all learn from our mistakes as well as those made by others. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what happened.

I'm sure most, if not all, of the folks here will respect you for this post and move forward.

Welcome to our new home it is a great place to be. Kick your shoes off and make yourself comfy.

Al

Al,

I dunno about being a good man, but I do try and I appreciate your kind words. I always remembered you being a great BOTL on the other forum and it's great to have a home to come back to here.

Jason

poker
11-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Al,
I always remembered you being a great BOTL on the other forum...

Well, I guess we all get fooled once in a while eh? :r

I kid I kid :D

mrreindeer
11-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Glad to hear things have turned around for the better! :tu

While I wasn't around CS when you were getting through the difficult time (and we can all appreciate yours; I certainly appreciate the explanation), I was on the other end of a similar situation. A fella I sent a PIF to never responded or acknowledged the PIF, never responded to my multiple PM's. Moved to another site & signed up for a similar PIF. So I sent him a few PM's on the new site, nothing nasty. All the guy has to do is tell me like you have that he's fallen on tough times, something, anything, but he chooses not to and yet I assume he's enjoying something that I put together especially for him. It left me with a bitter taste in my mouth but I certainly won't hold a grudge as long as the guy comes clean, like you have.

Nicely done. :tu

pnoon
11-19-2008, 08:09 AM
It left me with a bitter taste in my mouth but I certainly won't hold a grudge as long as the guy comes clean, like you have.

I look at PIFs, trades, lotteries and such as gifts. While there is an obligation and responsibility for everyone involved, to hold onto a grudge for a sampling of cigars is not healthy. I also believe in WGACA (what goes around, comes around). Karma does have a way of leveling the playing field so to speak.

leasingthisspace
11-19-2008, 08:14 AM
Welcome to the Asylum.

mrreindeer
11-19-2008, 08:14 AM
Very good points, Peter. :tu

68TriShield
11-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Vinegar and water will help with that freshness issue ;)

:D

Texan in Mexico
11-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Many of us are seeking Asylum at the Asylum for different reasons.

I say welcome and thank you for owning up - on to new experiences!

ByrneBrew
11-19-2008, 08:41 AM
Many of us are seeking Asylum at the Asylum for different reasons.

I say welcome and thank you for owning up - on to new experiences!

What He Said.

rizzle
11-19-2008, 08:50 AM

I want to see video of you doing an enthusiastic job of a ROLL TIDE. :r

Damn Sean, I can't believe you beat me to it. Oh, and I fixed your post for you too.

And I would say that as long as you follow Peter's wishes I got no problem with you, as I had none with you prior. Except that Auburn thing.;)

Don Fernando
11-19-2008, 08:51 AM

I will send you some addresses, just as a little help (Perry, you're going down!! :fu ) :ss

auburnfan1980
11-19-2008, 08:52 AM
Damn Sean, I can't believe you beat me to it. Oh, and I fixed your post for you too.

And I would say that as long as you follow Peter's wishes I got no problem with you, as I had none with you prior. Except that Auburn thing.;)

I'm going to remember this in the future, my friend....beware...there's an upset a comin! ;)

auburnfan1980
11-19-2008, 08:54 AM
I will send you some addresses, just as a little help (Perry, you're going down!! :fu ) :ss

Send em' on, Don....MsFloydP has already hooked me up with a couple...one of which is getting his a** handed to him very, very soon for being so hospitable :ss

Jason

hotreds
11-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Everyone deserves a second chance. Welcome to The Asylum!

Don Fernando
11-19-2008, 08:57 AM
Al,

I always remembered you being a great a$$hat on the other forum

I corrected this for you ;)

csbrewfisher
11-19-2008, 09:00 AM
Jason,

I'm reminded that the situations you went through are something that most of us could be facing at any time, but for the grace of God. I don't think I was involved in that forum then, so I don't have a feel for the acrimony of the time. All I can say is that a few cigars just aren't worth it. Mr. Reindeer and I were both stiffed on the same PIF at about the same time. It would have been easy to start flaming and ranting, but who would that really harm? It would rob us of OUR joy and enjoyment, and that's about it.

I personally admire the way you've stepped up to make things as right as you can. If I had been involved, it would be easy to forgive you at this point and welcome you back. As it is, I have no misgivings about doing that after your explanation and plea, welcome.

Let those who never made a mistake cast the stones.

Scottw
11-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Your humbleness is admirable and you certainly manned up to the mistake. It would be nice to live in a world where most people were willing to do this. Welcome to CA, enjoy the stay here!!

floydpink
11-19-2008, 09:12 AM
I look at PIFs, trades, lotteries and such as gifts. While there is an obligation and responsibility for everyone involved, to hold onto a grudge for a sampling of cigars is not healthy. I also believe in WGACA (what goes around, comes around). Karma does have a way of leveling the playing field so to speak.

I live my life by that creed.

I'd say you've got some good coming 'round Peter as this is another example of fine leadership and brotherhood. Way to cover a brother.

G G
11-19-2008, 09:17 AM
Sometimes we all mess up. You have took the time to go to the ones that were offended, and offered to make it right. IMHO that is all that we can do, you have done your part, and sounds like the others have been gracious in forgiving. Great news that things are looking up for you.:ss

theycallmedan'lboone
11-19-2008, 09:21 AM
My troubles aren't behind me....have you seen the way we've played this year?!? There's been a lot of :c going around on Saturdays this year, i'm afraid. Don't tempt me about the gator chomp....I mean, I have no problem with you guys...seems Auburn is the one team you guys can't beat! ;)

Jason

Jason, glad you're here, and don't I feel your Orange and Blue pain. one more game friend, one more.

shemp
11-19-2008, 10:09 AM
if we are at all honest, NOBODY would want their sins exposed before everybody else. Jason you are welcome by me and i will trade with you.

Starscream
11-19-2008, 10:13 AM
Welcome to the Asylum, bro. Hope you hang around for a while. :tu

Hope all else here wish you a warm welcome as well.

ahc4353
11-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Well, I guess we all get fooled once in a while eh? :r

I kid I kid :D

I corrected this for you ;)

See, nothings changed but the URL. :ss

yourchoice
11-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Jason,

I think by stating publicly what you did will benefit you immensely in the long run. And for the first time (publicly :)) , thanks to pnoon for doing what was unnecessary, in fulfilling Jason's prior obligation.

One word of advice for anyone involved in trades, PIF's, lotteries, etc. If you think there is a chance you cannot fulfill your obligations set forth, you may be better off not participating in them. I know this is posted in most threads of that nature, but it seems like an opportune time to reiterate. And this is not meant as a diss toward you Jason, I never held any grudges toward you, but maybe others can learn from it.

Now go pick a great target for your bombing run! :cool2:

BarneyBandMan
11-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Good post, Jason. Stop by my wing at this place anytime. :ss

alley00p
11-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Jason, Welcome to CA! While I was not a member of the old forum at the time, I appreciate your explanation and apology.

I'll trade with you anytime! :ss

:dance::dance::dance:

auburnfan1980
11-19-2008, 06:25 PM
I just wanted to thank you guys for the positive responses and welcoming me back. I have a hard time letting go of things and hold onto past failures/mistakes too often and I'm going to do my best not to let it affect my enjoyment here. There is one brother who still seems to be reluctant to forgive me and I can only hope he will eventually accept my apology. I'm moving on, however, and wanted to say thanks again to all of you who have been so gracious in welcoming me back. I'll do my best to be a positive influence in this forum for many days to come and continue to fellowship with a great group of people.

Jason

MajorCaptSilly
11-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Jason,

I just hope everything is going well for you now. The positive replies in this thread have reminded me that there are some great folks here.

MCS

BroncoHorvath
11-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Welcome to CA. The past is the past and now on with the future:ss

poker
11-19-2008, 07:16 PM
I just wanted to thank you guys for the positive responses and welcoming me back. I have a hard time letting go of things and hold onto past failures/mistakes too often and I'm going to do my best not to let it affect my enjoyment here. There is one brother who still seems to be reluctant to forgive me and I can only hope he will eventually accept my apology. I'm moving on, however, and wanted to say thanks again to all of you who have been so gracious in welcoming me back. I'll do my best to be a positive influence in this forum for many days to come and continue to fellowship with a great group of people.

Jason

You did your part, thats all you can do. If someone else still has an issue with it, thats their problem.

TOB9595
11-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Welcome

Tom

ucla695
11-19-2008, 08:20 PM
You did your part, thats all you can do. If someone else still has an issue with it, thats their problem.

Amen.

Cenookie
11-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Like it's been said before it takes a big man to own up to his mistakes, and since everyone make mistakes what the hec. Welcome to the Asylum:ss!

ChasDen
11-19-2008, 09:06 PM

Amen brother, there are so many really big things in our daily life's that are worthy of true frustration and turmoil why let something like not sending a FREE 5 pack of cigars get your panties in a bunch :confused:

I was asked why I do contests and I believe in giving something back to the people who gave to me. Besides I need a way to get rid of ALL those nasty dog rockets I keep getting as lottery winnings :r :r :r just kidding !

Welcome Jason and Karma is a blessing or a B_itch, you decide,

looks like you made a good choice.

Chas

CBI_2
11-19-2008, 09:31 PM
As I was not aware of any of your situation, I have no issues but do appreciate what it took for you to air that out and man up about it.

So....
Welcome to the Asylum! The nurse will show you to your room.
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn264/cigarshirts/cuckoo11.jpg

jaycarla
11-20-2008, 01:20 AM
As a Vols fan I can only offer so much love to ya.:r

Gotta like someone that is willing to man up and accept a potential public flogging.

Don't know the details of the CS deal, but good to have you back/here/there/everywhere.

Rockestone
11-20-2008, 04:06 AM
Everyone makes mistakes. What you learn from those mistakes is what counts. I don't know you, but it looks to me like you've learned. Welcome to the Asylum.

Tio Gato
11-20-2008, 04:43 AM

What Sean said. "Go Gators!"

rck70
11-20-2008, 06:06 AM
As I was not aware of any of your situation, I have no issues but do appreciate what it took for you to air that out and man up about it.

So....
Welcome to the Asylum! The nurse will show you to your room.
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn264/cigarshirts/cuckoo11.jpg

I never got a nurse......

bazookajoe
11-20-2008, 07:05 AM
...This is a new forum, NOT Club Stogie, and I will not put up with messages such as the one listed above...

...I'm truly sorry and I hope you'll eventually forgive me, but I'm moving on. I'm here on a new forum, with a new outlook on life, and I don't need the past thrown in my face every time I turn around. If you can't handle this, I'm washing my hands of the matter right here...

Jason, as many have said already it takes a man to publicly apologize for a mistake and I give you credit for that. There are many that have done far worse things that never even hinted at being sorry for their actions and you've set a good example for them. For me though, it always takes a little something out of it when an apology includes statements like those above. Kinda leaves me thinking that although truly sorry, you still feel a little wronged by the reaction. Not complete contrition - I don't know, almost a little warning that under the right circumstances you might do the same thing again. While I agree with those who say if some still have a problem with you it's their problem now, please recognize that it might have been more of a clean break if your apology hadn't included these "conditions", so to speak.

I debated whether or not to post this but you asked for candid and public comment. Hope you receive it in the spirit intended.

Langod
11-20-2008, 07:22 AM
Welcome Jason -- that was a honorable thing to post.
I will gladly take part in a trade with you. As was said above: everyone deserves a second chance.

auburnfan1980
11-20-2008, 08:35 AM
Jason, as many have said already it takes a man to publicly apologize for a mistake and I give you credit for that. There are many that have done far worse things that never even hinted at being sorry for their actions and you've set a good example for them. For me though, it always takes a little something out of it when an apology includes statements like those above. Kinda leaves me thinking that although truly sorry, you still feel a little wronged by the reaction. Not complete contrition - I don't know, almost a little warning that under the right circumstances you might do the same thing again. While I agree with those who say if some still have a problem with you it's their problem now, please recognize that it might have been more of a clean break if your apology hadn't included these "conditions", so to speak.

I debated whether or not to post this but you asked for candid and public comment. Hope you receive it in the spirit intended.

I appreciate your candor, and my feelings certainly aren't hurt because I know my heart, and that's really all that needs to matter to me at this point. Thanks for your feedback.

Jason

rizzle
11-20-2008, 09:23 AM
I never got a nurse......
Isn't Dennis studying to be a nurse? Hmmmm.
:r:r

JPH
11-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Tar and Feather him....!!!!

:)

Nice stepping it up.