PDA

View Full Version : CAO Gold Robusto

kaelaria
03-31-2011, 11:07 PM
http://cigarobsession.com/wp-content/gallery/caog/20110330caogoldr0001-edit.jpg

This 5×50 stick offers a medium tan soft wrapper with a fairly firm pack, small veins and good tight seams with a double cap. The aroma is a soft tobacco and slight pepper. First light reveals a perfect draw, lots of medium bodied smoke with very dry tobacco flavors, finishing a bit bitter. The first third develops to slightly sweet, oily, buttery leather flavors on the draw with a long finish of just the leather. Burn and draw are perfect putting out rich thick smoke. The 2nd third yields no changes, but the last third shifts from the creamy leather to a touch of licorice on the draw with a slightly sweet caramel with an deeper earthy finish and a bit of black pepper. Ending at the 1 hour mark, it proved to be a solid performer! Video on the site

MurphysLaw
04-01-2011, 05:59 AM
Nice review, have one of these in the humidor, really looking forward to it! :tu

HollywoodQue
04-01-2011, 06:30 AM
Thanks for the review, I must try one of these.

OHRD
04-01-2011, 07:11 AM
Great review Bryan - I reviewed this one earlier in the week and scored it a 9.1. I know some will think that's high, but this is a $3 smoke that is smooth, consistent, and very flavorful for a Connecticut wrapped cigar. I really love this one and I think it's one of the better values out there.

RatherUneek
04-01-2011, 07:54 AM
I bought a fiver of these a while back. Great smoke. CAO has proven to be a very consistent brand for me.

TBone
04-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Not being a CAO lover, even I must say I have to give this a try...thanks for the review

kickerb
04-01-2011, 09:02 AM
thanks for the review, i need to check this one out!

joeobx
04-01-2011, 09:07 AM
I agree these are a good value. A good mild smoke for first thing in the morning.

thecatch83
04-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Not being a CAO lover, even I must say I have to give this a try...thanks for the review

+1

Even Bryan has mentioned QC issues in his reviews, and my experiences have been no different regarding C.A.O sticks recently. Can't beat the price however.....great review Bryan!