PDA

View Full Version : Cigars and weight

scottrych
03-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Hi,

I'm new to this forum (not to cigars, by a long shot). I've been recently trying to lose some weight (down almost 30 pounds now), my problem is that it's not too helpful when smoking cigars :(

I love bigger full bodied cigars such as the LFD 700 Naturals, Cain F's, Casa Magna's. I usually enjoy a cigar on my way home from work, but since losing the weight, I now feel sick by the time I'm done. I know that when I'm heavier, it doesn't bother me.

Any suggestions ???

Just to note, I DO take a teaspoon of sugar afterwards which does help, but I'd rather not have to do that.

Thanks,

Scott

macsauce13
03-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Hey, glad you're here! Take a minute to go over to the New members thread to introduce yourself!

If you eat something before you smoke, that will probably help some with the nicotine effects.

chippewastud79
03-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Try drinking something whilst smoking, trying to lose weight might not lend itself to soda, but thats what I typically drink with heavier smokes. :tu

Bill86
03-23-2011, 06:25 PM
My guess is your eating less and that is effecting your tolerance to nicotine. I would say maybe early in your diet smoking medium cigars. See if you cannot get your body use to being full after eating less and then maybe try to smoke full bodied/strength cigars again.]

Also as mentioned eating before you smoke is a good idea, maybe drink a sugary drink while smoking.

Maybe even something as simple as smoking slower might help?

jimmyk26
03-23-2011, 06:29 PM
It might also be a good time to find some medium and lighter bodied cigars that you like. There is a wide world outside of full bodied power houses. Also good luck with your weight loss :tu

NCRadioMan
03-23-2011, 06:47 PM
The higher nicotine content in those cigars is lowering your blood sugar. All you can do to combat the sick feeling is to ingest sugar.

A half a bottle of your favorite non-diet soda while smoking a cigar isn't that bad.

:2

scottrych
03-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks everybody,

I usually do eat before having a cigar, the problem is that since I'm eating different now I just don't have as much in my stomach when I have one. Since my wife is usually getting ready to make dinner when I get home, I can't grab something quick.

Any suggestions along the lines of those that I mentioned, I suppose I don't HAVE to buy the Double Toro sizes and go down to smaller ring gauges, but I'd rather not ;)

Scott

sam a
03-23-2011, 06:51 PM
try coffee... the caffeine helps speed the metabolism of nicotine... and coffee tastes good :tu

TBone
03-23-2011, 07:06 PM
I usually have a piece of dark chocolate I find that helps with headaches and the nicotine buzz....

OLS
03-24-2011, 08:16 AM
You should also pay attention to your actual smoking technique. Do you hold the cigar in your mouth
instead of your hand as you smoke? The juice in that tobacco can affect you overly if you rest your
cigar in your mouth while smoking instead of holding it in your hand. Is your cigar's unlit end wet,
or relatively dry as you smoke it on down? If it is pretty wet, you may be getting more juice than
you want, which would contribute to your queasiness as well as the other things suggested here.

Skywalker
03-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Congrats on the weight loss!!!:noon

My suggestion... Smoke what you like and enjoy the spin!!!:D

kelmac07
03-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Diet Pepsi always works for me. :D

smelly4tay
03-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Best of luck on weight loss!

Lately I have been eating 1/2 a protein bar and a banana before I leave from work and it has helped so much. I smoke on my drive home. I don't get starving and crave fatty stuff when i come home.

CoreyD
03-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Thanks everybody,
Since my wife is usually getting ready to make dinner when I get home, I can't grab something quick.

Scott
eat a good size lunch and constantly drink something on way home when your smoking, I fancy green tea but have been drinking sunny d lately.and i have went to smaller gages sometimes if I feel nautious from a certain cigar but that always doesn't happen I just like changing up my sizes.I also snack on sesame sticks between lunch and hom and Carob Spirulina energy chunks

mosesbotbol
03-24-2011, 09:32 AM
A ginger ale might help, but drink lots of water and take your time on the cigars. The hotter they get, the more harsh they get too. Non-Cuban cigars tend to be more potent to me.