PDA

View Full Version : Another Gloucester Street Exclusive...

klipsch
03-17-2011, 09:12 AM
Move quick brothers. This is a copy paste from last night...

"Be the first to try the new Tatuaje " Tattoo" cigar. Gloucester Street will be the first one in the country with this cigar. A boxpressed lancero with broadleaf wrapper. The cigars come in bundles of 15. On sale tomorrow @ Gstreet. They are going for $149.99. Its a limited production cigar. Stay tuned for some pictures. That's the way we ROLL!!!! Porkchop"

mosesbotbol
03-17-2011, 09:23 AM
I have to go down to Newbury St this afternoon, I'll stop by and see what the deal is. Thanks.

Brutus2600
03-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Lemmie know! I might be interested in a 5'er...or a bundle :-P

Also, don't have access to Facebook or Twitter at work...if anybody could post up any pictures they post that would be awesome :tu

Dukeuni
03-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Just saw some information on this:

http://thecigarfeed.com/?p=5490

Looks like it is not a Broadleaf?

Brooks W
03-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Not broadleaf, and twenty stores total will get them, but Jose and Federal will get most of them...

~brooks

jmsremax
03-17-2011, 10:54 AM
I have to go down to Newbury St this afternoon, I'll stop by and see what the deal is. Thanks.

Let me know. I may have to stop in on the way home tonight to check this out.

Brooks W
03-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Pete will be there all day :)

~brooks

kelmac07
03-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Attention all Tatuaje whores!! :r :r :r

Emjaysmash
03-17-2011, 12:22 PM
"a boxpressed Lancero"

That sounds kinda interesing...

stearns
03-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Ill take a 5er off anyone if it helps make their decision to buy a bundle easier :tu

Stearns

Bunker
03-17-2011, 01:00 PM
I'll be at Federal on Saturday at their grand opening event and assume the Tattoo will be among the limited releases supposed to be available.

mosesbotbol
03-18-2011, 05:41 AM
Let me know. I may have to stop in on the way home tonight to check this out.

Did not make it down there.

I thought my friend worked in the Pru for Gillette, but he moved out to S. Boston site, so I had go there instead. He picked me up 5 lbs. of homemade Linguica and a Serra Estrela cheese from Fall River! :noon :dr

Brooks W
03-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Here is what they look like, just got mine in...(sorry for the crappy pic, I am at the office)...

http://www.BrooksWhittington.net/cigars/shhnh.JPG

~brooks

688sonarmen
03-18-2011, 12:31 PM
10$ a piece for a lancero that I have no idea what it tastes like? More for you guys!

amsgpwarrior
03-18-2011, 03:10 PM
10$ a piece for a lancero that I have no idea what it tastes like? More for you guys!

Then buy a 5er. $10 for a new smoke is no big deal for me. I like trying new smokes and will happily shell out the money for it. Not knockin you, but if you don't like it, trade it!

688sonarmen
03-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Then buy a 5er. $10 for a new smoke is no big deal for me. I like trying new smokes and will happily shell out the money for it. Not knockin you, but if you don't like it, trade it!

Yeah, I hear you brother. I've also seen this same thing happen every time an LE is released. Hope it's a good cigar, you won't know until you buy it:tu

Bunker
03-18-2011, 08:00 PM
$10 really isn't bad, you can spend a lot more for a cigar and still have it suck.

neoflex
03-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Is it me or do they look ugly?

Salvelinus
03-19-2011, 06:27 AM
That name had the possibility for a much cooler band. Hope it signals that all the work for the product went into the tobacco.

Bill86
03-19-2011, 02:55 PM
That name had the possibility for a much cooler band. Hope it signals that all the work for the product went into the tobacco.

Agreed but I doubt it. Wow Pete is really testing his followers. How simple and stupid he can name a cigar and create a band that people will still buy them. Tattoo "tattoo" yay for lack of originality and redundancy!

klipsch
03-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Smoked one last night, basically ROTT. I thought it was a good stick. I'm really not much of a lancero fan...but I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. I'm interested to see how these are in a few months.

stearns
03-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Agreed but I doubt it. Wow Pete is really testing his followers. How simple and stupid he can name a cigar and create a band that people will still buy them. Tattoo "tattoo" yay for lack of originality and redundancy!

so... band and complexity of name = quality? :confused::confused:

stearns

stearns
03-19-2011, 04:19 PM
maybe its just me, but i would think that waiting to criticize based on review would be the only proper way to criticize, unless its a davidoff white gold and leather band, the value isnt in the colored piece of paper, and i dont think the leaves should be judged on such. i'll shut up now

stearns

jesseboston81
03-19-2011, 04:44 PM
I tried to grab a bundle of these at Federal Cigar in Plaistow, NH, today (store grand opening event), but they sold out the 50 bundles the store had in 2.5 hours.

Starz26
03-19-2011, 08:34 PM

Pete named the cigar Tattoo to protect his right to the name as it relates to cigars. There is currently some litigation around this issue and since he now has a cigar with the name Tattoo, it strengthens his case....or something like that.

Bill86
03-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Pete named the cigar Tattoo to protect his right to the name as it relates to cigars. There is currently some litigation around this issue and since he now has a cigar with the name Tattoo, it strengthens his case....or something like that.

I hate to be an arsehole but......that sounds really stupid. He has to realize Tatuaje tattoo = Tattoo tattoo, which is both redundant and ridiculous.

I mean Tatuaje sounds cool for a name in and of itself but when you realize it just means "tattoo" because the guy has a lot of tattoos it sounds incredibly stupid and quite the lack of imagination. At least Viaje means Journey ....I get that.....really I do. Makes sense, also sounds cool too.

For the record, frankly I like quite a few of both Tatuaje and Viaje just not enough of either to ever buy more than a 5'er. Although I did enjoy the Anarchy quite a bit so you never know, I might just score a box of those.....

jovenhut
03-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Ill take a 5er off anyone if it helps make their decision to buy a bundle easier :tu

Stearns

I am down for a fiver as well :banger

mosesbotbol
03-19-2011, 10:10 PM
if GSC sold them quick, that is great for Jose. I would rather miss out on them knowing that business is good for him.

wayner123
03-19-2011, 11:16 PM
I hate to be an arsehole but......that sounds really stupid. He has to realize Tatuaje tattoo = Tattoo tattoo, which is both redundant and ridiculous.

I mean Tatuaje sounds cool for a name in and of itself but when you realize it just means "tattoo" because the guy has a lot of tattoos it sounds incredibly stupid and quite the lack of imagination. At least Viaje means Journey ....I get that.....really I do. Makes sense, also sounds cool too.

For the record, frankly I like quite a few of both Tatuaje and Viaje just not enough of either to ever buy more than a 5'er. Although I did enjoy the Anarchy quite a bit so you never know, I might just score a box of those.....

You should read up on the history of Pete and his former years before Tatuaje.

loki
03-19-2011, 11:22 PM
boxpressed lancero? seems like a good way to mess up a lancero

Dunkel
03-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Lanceros are for little girls. LOL I'll pass.

loki
03-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Lanceros are for little girls. LOL I'll pass.

if you're not man enough to enjoy the best cigar size ever made, that's ok. there's no shame in admitting it

Bill86
03-20-2011, 03:50 PM
boxpressed lancero? seems like a good way to mess up a lancero

Agreed, I like Lanceros a lot too :confused:

I also agree with Lanceros being one of the best sizes ever made. I like Lanceros/PC's and oddly enough Robustos (just seems like the traditional perfect cigar size).

Bunker
03-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Having them in hand it finally dawned on me, how do you box-press something that is sold in a bundle not a box?

Yes, they are square not round - but they are far from 601 Blue or Padron Family (the two most obnoxious box-pressed smokes I can think of).

klipsch
03-20-2011, 04:41 PM
I feel threatened by any cigar longer than my unit. Which may explain my love of Petite Robusto's :sh

bigdankcloud
03-21-2011, 02:29 PM
I tried to grab a bundle of these at Federal Cigar in Plaistow, NH, today (store grand opening event), but they sold out the 50 bundles the store had in 2.5 hours.

Me too. I got the My Father LEs for double the price instead.

Brooks W
03-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Me too. I got the My Father LEs for double the price instead.

Have you tried one yet?

~brooks

KenyanSandBoa
03-21-2011, 02:37 PM
I feel threatened by any cigar longer than my unit. Which may explain my love of Petite Robusto's :sh

:r:r...Walt, you sick bastid. :D

bigdankcloud
03-22-2011, 08:21 AM
Have you tried one yet?

~brooks

I'll likely have one tonight, after I give out a bunch to my cigar box buddies. I'll post up a review.