View Full Version : Tatuaje 7th Natural

kgxc17
03-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Quick stats:
-Entirely Nicaraguan
-5 5/8 x 46
-9 bucks at the local shop
-smoked in about an hour and ten min

I smoked this last Saturday while reading and drinking a ginger ale. It started off very smokey, not in a bad way but full of great grey smoke. For the first third I noticed nice leathery notes. The second third maintained the leather, but that mellowed a bit and I got hints of earth and lite spice. During this third it canoed pretty badly, but I corrected this after an inch when I tapped the ash. The last third burned a little faster, and the spice flavors became more prominent. As I was getting down to the nub, it canoed again, but I let it go as I was headed back inside again. I had recently been smoking milder cigars, and was hit pretty well with the amount of vitamin N this cigar had.

Overall- disappointed with the canoeing, but I would smoke another one if someone else bought it. 8 of 10 on my (admittedly younger cigar palette) scale.

smelly4tay
03-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the review! I smoked my first of these 2 days ago and thought it was good but not great. "balanced but forgettable" is what I wrote in my notes.

HollywoodQue
03-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the review. I am a Tat whore, but I haven't had the 7th yet.

thecatch83
03-15-2011, 08:11 AM
+1 For Tat whoring.....yet to smoke the 7 as well! Thanks for the review, what RH was this kept at?

awsmith4
03-15-2011, 08:14 AM
I smoked my first lat night. It seemed a bit under filled and had some burn issues. Other than that it was a fantastic cigar. Spice in the nose and cream on the palette. I would definitely try it again.

kgxc17
03-15-2011, 11:35 AM
The cigar was humi kept, slight fluctuations beyween 65 and 70% rH, temp constant at 70. I'm interested in trying others, hopefully minus the burn issues.

KenyanSandBoa
03-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Great smoke...definitley a regular for me. :tu

I smoked my first lat night. It seemed a bit under filled and had some burn issues. Other than that it was a fantastic cigar. Spice in the nose and cream on the palette. I would definitely try it again.

I've had the same experience with the 7th and Jon (jmsremax) had that same issue with a J21 on Friday. There was a hole just off center of the cigar that ran almost the entire lenght and made it somewhat soft and really screwed up the burn.

MurphysLaw
03-15-2011, 01:31 PM
I just snagged one of the sunday, was looking forward to it until now..

awsmith4
03-15-2011, 01:49 PM

Still a great smoke, I didn't feel cheated at all. I'd rather have a tasty smoke that has burn issues than a perfectly constructed smoke that tastes like ass

KenyanSandBoa
03-15-2011, 01:52 PM

Still a great smoke, I didn't feel cheated at all. I'd rather have a tasty smoke that has burn issues than a perfectly constructed smoke that tastes like ass

:tpd:...plus, I've only had one that was really affecting me to the point that I junked it. Other than that, it has been a very reliable cigar for me. :tu

MurphysLaw
03-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Thanks guys, I'll dry box it just to be sure!