PDA

View Full Version : Padron 1926 series no. 35

Don Fernando
03-13-2011, 12:58 AM
Every 'special' Padron I have ever smoked wowed me, from the 1926 series, 1964 series and the anniversary series to the custom rolled that I smoked while doing an interview with Jorge Padron for my Dutch website, all are cigars that end up in my top 10 of 'best cigars I have ever smoked'. I had never smoked this 4x48 No. 35 before but I picked a few up when I was in the USA last november.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/cigarguide/reviews/padron1926351.jpg

The cigar is small and box pressed with a dark and shiny wrapper. The cigar has the signature Padron serial number on the band, those numbers allow Padron to recognize counterfeit cigars. The construction feels good. I smell a spicy barnyard. The predraw is fine and tastes a bit sweet.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/cigarguide/reviews/padron1926352.jpg

I taste a full coffee flavors with some pepper and herbs. After a quarter of an inch the flavors are a mild sweet cedar wood flavor with some herbs and some pepper in the aftertaste, The coffee has disappeared. I even taste a mild chocolate flavor. After three quarters of an inch the main flavor is herbs with a hint of cinnamon and the cinnamon slowly becomes stronger.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/cigarguide/reviews/padron1926353.jpg

Halfway I taste wood and something sweet next to the cinnamon, the herbs have moved to the aftertaste. The flavors are unique, you can taste that Padron is something special. Near the end I also taste a little bit of chocolate, a really tiny bit though. The last few puffs give me toast and roasted nuts.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/cigarguide/reviews/padron1926354.jpg

Even though this is just a 4 inch cigar, it lasted me an hour and a half. The draw was great. I got a lot of thick white smoke and a great burn. The medium gray ash is firm. This cigar is full flavored and medium bodied.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/cigarguide/reviews/padron1926355.jpg

Would I buy this cigar again? Oh yeah!

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 9 / 10

Texan in Mexico
03-13-2011, 06:46 AM
Felt like I was smoking one as I read - great smoke IMHO, right up there with the Bellis.

Have run out but will be through Miami in a few weeks, time to go pick some up!
Posted via Mobile Device

HollywoodQue
03-13-2011, 07:24 AM
Nice review...the ash held for almost 1/2 of the stick...great construction..

MedicCook
03-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the review Ferdie.

Neens
03-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Great review, I love these little guys.

kelmac07
03-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Another great review of a great stick. :tu

Blueface
03-13-2011, 11:26 AM
One of my ultimate favorite smokes.

joeobx
03-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Great review, I didn't know that about the serial numbers.

Blueface
03-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Great review, I didn't know that about the serial numbers.

All Anniversaries have them.

hammondc
03-13-2011, 11:36 AM
And THAT is why I firmly believe Padron makes the finest cigars in the world. Incredible consistency. It has gotten to the point for me where about all I buy is a few of the thousands series and a bunch of 26s/64s. Maybe some Oliva Vs here and there. I have yet to try any of the really badass stuff though (40th & 80th). Great review.

Don Fernando
03-13-2011, 01:33 PM
smoked 4 different 1926 today, with Jorge Padron himself.

Blueface
03-13-2011, 05:29 PM

He was out your way?
Neat.

Stephen
03-13-2011, 05:46 PM

He was out your way?
Neat.
Not only that, but he took the time to smoke four cigars with you. That'd be like Michael Duke going to Wal-Mart with you, pushing the squeaky cart, airing out the restroom before you go to use it, standing in the checkout line for 35 minutes with you because, God forbid they have enough cash registers going during peak hours, then loading up your car and sending you on your merry way. Only a lot more enjoyable.

Zeuceone
03-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Not only that, but he took the time to smoke four cigars with you. That'd be like Michael Duke going to Wal-Mart with you, pushing the squeaky cart, airing out the restroom before you go to use it, standing in the checkout line for 35 minutes with you because, God forbid they have enough cash registers going during peak hours, then loading up your car and sending you on your merry way. Only a lot more enjoyable.

Lol that's funny.

Trent0341
03-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Great review. I'll pick some up this week if my B&M have any.

Don Fernando
03-14-2011, 01:58 AM
The Dutch distributer relaunched the 1926 series with a 30% price drop, Jorge was in The Netherlands so they combined a meet & greet with the re-launch party. It was a retailers only event, but because of my good relations with the distributer (he's supporting my Dutch board and uses it to promote his cigars) I was invited and I could even bring 10 friends. I met Jorge before, in Miami last november, he still recognizes me, it was cool.

Don Fernando
03-14-2011, 02:44 AM
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff347/cs_donfernando/herf/Padron%20borrel/padronborrel.jpg

Da Klugs
08-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Was running errands and ended up in Cigars Cigars in Rocky River. Bought some cheapo lighters for the herf. Beign there made me jones for a cigar.

Bought on of these lil guys for the ride home. Been a few years for me and this cigar.

Started out raspy for the first few puffs. Settled into a wonderful smoke. Could even nose it 50% plus by midpoint.

Good cigar. Nice flavors. Nuance is the issue regarding the depth of flavors. Easy to understand why these are highly rated - they are really tasty cigars based upon mouth only smoking. It's in the nasal exhale that they lack the depth/complexity of less expensive cigars from you know where. But... pretty darn good cigar. Easy to lose sight of the fact that there are great NC cigars when you don't smoke them.

Ogre
08-11-2011, 01:30 PM
This is an awesome stick. Looking good Ferdi!!!!

STEVE S
08-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Ferdi, thanks for the review, this is a great little cigar that really hangs in there as you smoke it.

N2 GOLD
08-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Felt like I was smoking one as I read - great smoke IMHO, right up there with the Bellis.

Have run out but will be through Miami in a few weeks, time to go pick some up!
Posted via Mobile Device

AGREE, Great review... -(P :tu

gnukfu
08-11-2011, 05:03 PM
One of my favorite smokes. Thanks for resurrecting this thread. Haven't had one of these in a while.

mash
08-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the review.
I remember smoking my first one of these. Couldn't believe how good it was. The pinnacle of Nicaraguan cigars.

shilala
08-12-2011, 05:23 PM
I bought a box of 35 nats a couple years ago. For whatever reason, they were hit or miss. One day I even chucked one in the street in front of my house. Not so with the maddies, box after box they're heaven on earth. The box I'm on now is incredible, as can be expected.
Mind ya, I have never, ever had a problem before or after that box. It must have just been my lucky day when I found that one. It's gonna happen from time to time, I suppose.
Nice review, Ferdie!!! :tu

hscmit
08-12-2011, 05:24 PM
love these little guys

Angry_Pirate
08-12-2011, 05:26 PM
I have one of these aging for the right occasion :D

darkninja67
08-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Was this the maduro? Sounds like it. Great review. Love the 35 a lot especially in the natural. Probably the only Padron I will take the natural over the maduro.
They are so consistent in construction and burn great. Cool that you got to smoke with Jorge. Good family.

Thanks for the review.

shilala
08-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Ferdie, these take me about an hour and a half to smoke, as well. Maybe closer to an hour.
It's funny, because as the story goes, Jose? Padron created this cigar size specifically for his 35 minute drive to work. Initially, that always entered my mind while smoking these and I'd hot box them until they were out of control.
These smoke better (to me) nice and slow, just as you enjoyed it. I think I can go a little faster because I purge a lot and make an effort to cool the cigar down as I go.
I suppose my guess that the old man smoked the whole thing may have been off base, too, but I just thought it was worth mentioning.
It's a fabulous size for the 26 blend. I think the #6 is my favorite, but it's a toss up.
One last tidbit...
A single 1926 #6 maduro stands as the best cigar I've ever smoked and is wholly responsible for setting me spiraling into this obsession. :D

Don Fernando
08-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Ferdie, these take me about an hour and a half to smoke, as well. Maybe closer to an hour.

Well, I guess we're slow smokers Scott. Others here on the site are just plain slow, we're slow smokers so that's a good thing right? ;)

Nathan King
08-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Well, I guess we're slow smokers Scott. Others here on the site are just plain slow, we're slow smokers so that's a good thing right? ;)

Nice review. The 35 takes me well over an hour as well.