PDA

View Full Version : Pepin Cuban Blend

Volusianator
03-10-2011, 12:29 PM
I've gone through enough of these and never liked the smoke, but I got one from Larry in a trade and I have to say that I'm looking forward to working at the lounge Friday night so I can give a couple more a try, it was a very nice cigar.

Thanks Larry! :banger

TheRiddick
03-10-2011, 12:32 PM
They are the only DPGs I buy.

wayner123
03-10-2011, 12:44 PM
What size was it?

Volusianator
03-10-2011, 12:53 PM
What size was it?

Today's was the robusto.

MurphysLaw
03-10-2011, 12:58 PM
one of the best Pepin blends IMO

Volusianator
03-10-2011, 01:19 PM
I like most of Pepin's stuff, blue band being far and away my favorite, but the Cuban Blend I had today was very nice, completely different than the blue.

rizzle
03-10-2011, 01:31 PM
The black banded Cuban Classic? If so, with a li'l age a cigar I really like. Especially the 1979's.

KenyanSandBoa
03-10-2011, 01:49 PM
The black banded Cuban Classic? If so, with a li'l age a cigar I really like. Especially the 1979's.

Good to know. I have a few of these sitting the humi. I have tried the robusto and the corona and wasn't a huge fan of them. I'll have to give them a shot this summer when they've had a little over a year on them.

Average Joe
03-10-2011, 01:51 PM

Only one I have had was the 1979, and I liked it. So much it might be a normally stocked item in my humi.

Ogre
03-10-2011, 02:54 PM
It was sitting for a while. Maybe the ones you have not liked were to fresh!!!

HollywoodQue
03-10-2011, 02:56 PM
So far, I've enjoyed every DPG that I have tried...great smokes.

Volusianator
03-10-2011, 03:01 PM
It was sitting for a while. Maybe the ones you have not liked were to fresh!!!
That's possible as I've no idea the age on the others. Thank you very much for the great cigar, although again it burned poorly because I was in my truck, I did very much enjoy it. Like I said, looking forward to trying a couple tomorrow while at work.

lyle23
03-10-2011, 07:43 PM
I have had a few of these and have put some serious thought into buying these by the box.

neoflex
03-10-2011, 07:45 PM
I like most of Pepin's stuff, blue band being far and away my favorite, but the Cuban Blend I had today was very nice, completely different than the blue.

I miss the OR Blues. They used to be my go to smoke.

Volusianator
03-11-2011, 12:51 AM
I miss the OR Blues. They used to be my go to smoke.

I have two partial boxes left of the OR blues, and one sealed box of OR blue lanceros, fantastic cigars.

I will say that I was disappointed to find out tonight that my shop doesn't have the Cuban Classics. Guess I never ordered them as I didn't care for them, I may have to revisit this!

wayner123
03-11-2011, 07:09 AM
I have two partial boxes left of the OR blues, and one sealed box of OR blue lanceros, fantastic cigars.

I will say that I was disappointed to find out tonight that my shop doesn't have the Cuban Classics. Guess I never ordered them as I didn't care for them, I may have to revisit this!

You have Puff and Stuff lanceros?? And what was the date of the OR Blue?

jmsremax
03-11-2011, 07:37 AM
Good to know. I have a few of these sitting the humi. I have tried the robusto and the corona and wasn't a huge fan of them. I'll have to give them a shot this summer when they've had a little over a year on them.

You can find out today after work. :sl

dannysguitar
03-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Cuban Classic with 6 months or more on them are fan-freakin-tastic smokes.

shilala
03-11-2011, 10:36 AM
I love the JJ Series and the Blues, the blacks, not so much. I'm not a Tat fan, and the black reminds me very much of Pete's stuff. So much so that i'll always try to include one in a Tat bomb cause I know a guy will like them if he's enjoyed Tatuaje. I think they're a very close, very reasonably priced alternative.

Volusianator
03-11-2011, 11:31 AM
You have Puff and Stuff lanceros?? And what was the date of the OR Blue?

I have two boxes of the Puff & Stuff lances, one is 73/100 and the other 125/150, that's the sealed one. Actually a few years ago in Orland Park IL., Pepin himself took one of my blue lanceros, removed the wrapper and re-wrapped it with a Connecticut wrapper, then had Janny translate to me that it's the only one he's ever done and will not do another, so it's a one of a kind. Kinda cool, still haven't smoked it, probably should do that one of these days.

The OR's are '06 I believe.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j20/Volusianator/Don%20Pepin%20Tasting/ConneticLancero.jpg

wayner123
03-11-2011, 11:36 AM
I have two boxes of the Puff & Stuff lances, one is 73/100 and the other 125/150, that's the sealed one. Actually a few years ago in Orland Park IL., Pepin himself took one of my blue lanceros, removed the wrapper and re-wrapped it with a Connecticut wrapper, then had Janny translate to me that it's the only one he's ever done and will not do another, so it's a one of a kind. Kinda cool, still haven't smoked it, probably should do that one of these days.

The OR's are '06 I believe.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j20/Volusianator/Don%20Pepin%20Tasting/ConneticLancero.jpg

Cool story and unique smoke!! Not to mention the awesomeness of having 2 boxes of Puff and Stuff lanceros.

McSmokey, posted a pic here (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=40289&page=2) of APR 2005 For DPG Blue Generosos. I truly was wondering what the date of the OR Blue was, because I thought it was early 05, but I may have been wrong.

Volusianator
03-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Cool story and unique smoke!! Not to mention the awesomeness of having 2 boxes of Puff and Stuff lanceros.

McSmokey, posted a pic here (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=40289&page=2) of APR 2005 For DPG Blue Generosos. I truly was wondering what the date of the OR Blue was, because I thought it was early 05, but I may have been wrong.

I'm not at home right now so I'm guessing on the date.