PDA

View Full Version : Cod 5

Mugen910
11-17-2008, 11:26 AM
It's addicting!

Discuss!

BTW...I love driving the tanks and calling in the doggies!

dunng
11-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Must resist... still want to see family... must resist...

elderboy02
11-17-2008, 11:31 AM
I have it for the PS3 and I absolutely love it. I didn't think they could make a game better than COD:4, and they did. Two Thumbs Up. The dogs are cool, except when you are getting killed by one. LOL

I do think they make the dogs too hard to kill. One shot should drop the pup.

The game seems to flow smoother for the online gaming as well.

Using the flame thrower in single player is awesome.

I love it! :tu

Mugen910
11-17-2008, 11:33 AM
add me Dan!

Kaze978

*sometimes it's my bro playing*

elderboy02
11-17-2008, 11:40 AM
add me Dan!

Kaze978

*sometimes it's my bro playing*

Will do! Look forward to playing with you. If I can't get you in a game it is b/c we are full. I play with the guys from ar15.com and we are full most of the time. If we have openings, you will definitely get invited.

Mugen910
11-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Will do! Look forward to playing with you. If I can't get you in a game it is b/c we are full. I play with the guys from ar15.com and we are full most of the time. If we have openings, you will definitely get invited.

:tu

The dogs are a beech to deal with so when I hear them coming I run up to somewhere high and shoot till they are gone.

elderboy02
11-17-2008, 11:58 AM
:tu

The dogs are a beech to deal with so when I hear them coming I run up to somewhere high and shoot till they are gone.

Yeah.... if there isn't anything high to get on, I'll just find a corner so that they can't come up behind me. It is hard to tell when they are behind you.

Mugen910
11-17-2008, 12:18 PM
I get confused of where the barking is coming from sometimes too...

O-Danger
11-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Looks like I am gonna have to pic this up. I have been addicted to COD 4 and since I am just on the edge of the system requirments on my PC I think this might be a go. I have heard though that it is almost an expansion to COD4 (although it's WW2 based). Would you agree?

elderboy02
11-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Looks like I am gonna have to pic this up. I have been addicted to COD 4 and since I am just on the edge of the system requirments on my PC I think this might be a go. I have heard though that it is almost an expansion to COD4 (although it's WW2 based). Would you agree?

Yes, I would agree. It is the same controls and game types as COD4. You get a couple new game types like "War" and "Capture The Flag". It is definitely worth the money.

:eevis
11-17-2008, 02:46 PM
I love the game too. I think the SMG's are a little to powerful at this point, but a patch can always fix that. Love the new maps, and War mode is awesome.

Mugen910
11-17-2008, 03:10 PM
I love the game too. I think the SMG's are a little to powerful at this point, but a patch can always fix that. Love the new maps, and War mode is awesome.

I'm still freakin stuck on playing Hardcore Team Death match... I like Capture the flag too. My only complaint so far is how powerful and accurate pistols can be during the "2nd Chance" option. They should really limit the range on those things.

elderboy02
11-17-2008, 05:39 PM
I'm still freakin stuck on playing Hardcore Team Death match... I like Capture the flag too. My only complaint so far is how powerful and accurate pistols can be during the "2nd Chance" option. They should really limit the range on those things.

Yep. The ar15.com guys I play with only play Hardcore Team Deathmatch. It sucks on 2nd chance how you have to shoot the downed guy in the head. It shouldn't be that hard to kill a wounded person.

DrDubzz
11-17-2008, 05:44 PM
I'm hoping to acquire this in a couple weekends at my family's early Christmas

I need a new addiction (although I rented Resistance 2 this weekend, fun)

Mugen910
11-17-2008, 06:06 PM
FYI.. killing of the Nazi Zombies looks fun.. My brother is playin online now with his buddies. :ss

ucla695
11-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Must resist... still want to see family... must resist...

:tpd:

Trying to resist too! Must.....not......buy......game.

Mugen910
11-17-2008, 07:05 PM
:tpd:

Trying to resist too! Must.....not......buy......game.

Dooooo it Mike!!!

mugwump
11-17-2008, 08:36 PM
I tore through the single player campaign in four hours and it was pretty much the same old same old but now that that's out of the way I'm on to multiplayer and that's where I'll be spending all my time for a while. I'm doing better than in COD4 since the weapons are a bit cruder which tends to favor my spastic style of play. And yes, the tanks are a blast. I just finished a game where I sat in my tank and blasted everyone trying to storm our HQ. They never came after me but just kept heading straight down the street -- *BOOM*!

And my dog officially hates the game since I spend a lot of time screaming "#$^$^ing dogs!!!" He's easily offended.

Oh and Xbox Live gamertag is mugwumps.

ucla695
11-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Dooooo it Mike!!!

I still trying to hit the 10th prestige on COD4. I only have 6 or 7 more to go. :r Man, it's video crack. Must.....re...sist.

ucla695
11-22-2008, 05:43 PM
I broke down and bought it. Ugh. I have to learn all of the maps and figure out what guns do what. Totally on the learning curve. Anyway, I played for a couple of rounds and seems promising.

Mugen910
11-22-2008, 05:46 PM
I broke down and bought it. Ugh. I have to learn all of the maps and figure out what guns do what. Totally on the learning curve. Anyway, I played for a couple of rounds and seems promising.

Yaay!!! Add your name to the CA-PS3 name tag list.

cvm4
11-23-2008, 06:34 PM
I rented Modern Warfare over the weekend and it was sweet. Definitely an intense game. I can only imagine what cod5 is like.