PDA

View Full Version : My First!

pipesmith
03-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Just received my first CAB of Lusitanias! I am a big fan of Partagas so I know I will love them. Actually, it is my first for that size. I normally like smaller rings but it is nice to have the choice for a monster once in a while. In any event, does anyone know the best way to cut them in half? I tried my band saw but they ended up looking like a cigar in the cartoons where someone put in a trick explosive. Just teasing, I would never think about cutting one of those in half. So it is a very impressive package to say the least and I am waiting for the right day to have a 2 hour smoke. One of the reasons I ordered a cab was because I knew they would be round, call me goofy but I think a cigar should be round, I do not prefer the flats on box pressed cigars. I have been pondering other DC, like the RAG but I would like to know if they are round or have flats on them from the box. Do not get me wrong, I do smoke dress boxes but just prefer round cigars.

68TriShield
03-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Can't go wrong with Lusi's mmm...

Ashcan Bill
03-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Nice choice indeed! :tu

Goldie
03-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Definitely a good choice. I have one left that a fellow BOTL provided me, and I would like to smoke it with him if we ever get the chance again.

Where abouts in Ohio Larry?

awsmith4
03-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Cut a Lusi in half, where have I heard that before???

:r:r:r

guitar4001
03-02-2011, 03:16 PM
i'll buy a fiver...you take poker chips?

awsmith4
03-02-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm sorry I was not poking fun at you, there was a time long ago when someone asked the serious question of cutting Lusi's in half.

Enjoy those, I find those a real treat :tu

Bill86
03-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Never had Lusi's but I love me some Partagas. Nice score! A whole cab damn you're in for some good smoking no doubt :tu

pipesmith
03-03-2011, 06:55 AM
I'm sorry I was not poking fun at you, there was a time long ago when someone asked the serious question of cutting Lusi's in half.

Enjoy those, I find those a real treat :tu

I was just poking fun about cutting one in half. I have read on this forum someone cut one in half and really caught heck for it.

pipesmith
03-03-2011, 06:55 AM
Definitely a good choice. I have one left that a fellow BOTL provided me, and I would like to smoke it with him if we ever get the chance again.

Where abouts in Ohio Larry?

Toledo area.

OLS
03-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Ah, that's where I buy my hardhats.
FIFTY freaking Lusitanias? Man, you might as well get married or something.
Your definitely a "committer".

pipesmith
03-03-2011, 01:45 PM
OK, I am not one of these cigar raters. Actually, I do not believe I have ever "rated" a cigar but I will give you my thought on my first Lusi. I Knew I would need some time for this gent so I decided today was as good as any. I sat in my shop and at 10:45 lit that baby up. Quite an impressive stick and a couple things I love about them is that it was ROUND, nice light wrapper, none of that Maduro stuff and the beautiful traditional Partagas band. Yeah, I know, some things I am a goof ball about, I like my cigars round, light wrappers and traditional bands. First, keep in mind this is such a young cigar that I am embarrassed to even say how young, but I just had to try one. The first 45 minutes went well and the ash finally fell to the floor with that beautiful sound, like dropping a book in deep snow, what a lovely sound when the ash hits the concrete. The first third was mild, a prominent taste of "yute" (nice line in the courtroom scene from the movie "My Cousin Vinnie") So even though it was such a young specimen it was tasty but just preschool for the rest of the lesson of this majestic example. After the first third things got much more interesting and tasty and while the burn was not that great and not what I would expect from such a cigar I attributed that to its youth, not a terrible burn mind you but that is another one of my quarks, I love a great sharp burn. On to the last third,now it really let me know who was in charge. I was just holding on for the ride as it grew into a very full flavored nicotine injecting specimen. Wonderful, my kind of cigar. All in all, a wonderful stick considering its youth. I will put these away and know in months to come they will be incredible smokes. Yes I would buy these again and recommend them to others. I am a Partagas fan so I could be bias and have nothing to compare it to as far a 2X Coronas go but I think it is a great one for the future. Last note, 12:45, dropped the nub in the can. TWO hours for me, so if you have not tried one..........plan ahead!