PDA

View Full Version : Got a new pipe!

enlightenedcigar
03-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Got a new pipe and I was wondering how old it maybe and how valueable it maybe. Thanks guys!

hscmit
03-01-2011, 09:23 PM
no idea
but it looks pretty cool

enlightenedcigar
03-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I don't either. I am pretty much straight cigar smoker but just really liked this pipe.

cp478
03-02-2011, 02:17 AM
Nice meer , cao's are supposed to be nice!

Emjaysmash
03-02-2011, 06:23 AM
Nice! I always wanted a CAO pipe!

I believe CAO started out as a pipe manufacturer before the company turned to cigars. I do think that they still made pipes (not sure how many) fairly recently, so I'm not sure how to age it.

This is again from someone who is no expert nor do I claim to be. The above statement could be complete malarkey. :tu

alfredo_buscatti
03-29-2011, 12:53 AM
I hope you enjoy your new meerschaum!

It doesn't happen often, but I've been known to knock a pipe out of my mouth with an errant arm; thus although I'd love to have some meers, I don't dare to do so.

Tyler
03-29-2011, 01:00 AM
I don't know about age as they still make CAO meerschaums to my knowledge. I believe they range from $45 new to upwards of $300. It all depends on the size of the pipe and the quality of the meerschaum. It also depends if it is a real CAO or if it was just put in the box (though I don't know how the custom box could fit another pipe?).

Here is a link to some info on Meerschaums and you may want to contact Fred Bass, the author, and I am sure he could help you out more than I. He is a very nice man and I am sure he would have no problem answering your questions. Sorry I am of no help directly.

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/put-that-in-your-pipe/the-meerschaum-pipe-experience/

CoreyD
03-29-2011, 02:58 AM
I saw a new meershum for $70 and a mini meershum same design as this face for $25 both with cases and CAO and Design and were new so I myself couldn't tell you how old it is but what they sell for now new.