PDA

View Full Version : Here's a newbie question, sorry...

Remo
02-28-2011, 11:21 PM
if this has been asked before and answered but how does one pack cigars to be sent by mail? I have packed and shipped watches in the past but I suppose cigars are a different animal. I know the USPS flat rate box but what's the best way to keep them safe? and do you put a humi pack in there or just a zip lock? Thanks

JaKaacH
02-28-2011, 11:26 PM
if this has been asked before and answered but how does one pack cigars to be sent by mail? I have packed and shipped watches in the past but I suppose cigars are a different animal. I know the USPS flat rate box but what's the best way to keep them safe? and do you put a humi pack in there or just a zip lock? Thanks

Its against the law to ship tobacco..:=:

emopunker2004
02-28-2011, 11:38 PM

either bubble wrap pouches then into the box or ziplock baggie and bubble wrap in the box.

emopunker2004
02-28-2011, 11:39 PM

:sl

Bill86
03-01-2011, 12:00 AM
I go with 5 finger bags and packing peanuts. Hasn't done me wrong. It seems flat rates with DC always come in good shape too. Me thinks they don't kick anything with DC or insurance on it. :sh

EDIT no humi paks or anything. Cigars should be fine for the 2-3 days it takes to get the package a few states over or cross country.

Remo
03-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Thanks guys

emopunker2004
03-01-2011, 12:18 AM
I go with 5 finger bags and packing peanuts. Hasn't done me wrong. It seems flat rates with DC always come in good shape too. Me thinks they don't kick anything with DC or insurance on it. :sh

EDIT no humi paks or anything. Cigars should be fine for the 2-3 days it takes to get the package a few states over or cross country.

you have a point there. especially the small flat rate boxes. seems like they arrive in brand new just packed condition

Eleven
03-01-2011, 06:29 AM
I have never had damaged cigars arrive to me when they were sent in 5 finger bags and the small flat rate box. Some boxes have been slightly damaged, but every single time so far, the smokes have been fine.

mosesbotbol
03-01-2011, 06:37 AM
I clingwrap each cigar and works like a charm to keep them humid for several days.

md4958
03-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Stickies are your friend Mike. This was in the New Inmate forum. Most of them are very informative, and I recommend that if you havent, take a bit of time and go through them.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3267

hotreds
03-01-2011, 07:31 AM

Wow! I guess we have a whole lotta companies breaking the law out there! Openly, at that!

Good advice above. I remember that someone sent me some smokes from across the pond and to save money just used a plain manilla envelope. The only thing those cigars were good for was a nice big chaw!

Remo
03-01-2011, 07:44 AM
Stickies are your friend Mike. This was in the New Inmate forum. Most of them are very informative, and I recommend that if you havent, take a bit of time and go through them.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3267

Doh! Thanks Moe. Right in front of my face. Sorry

md4958
03-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Doh! Thanks Moe. Right in front of my face. Sorry

No apologies necessary. :tu