PDA

View Full Version : Cigar 911/surgery!! HELP!!

cigarmonkel
02-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Ok so i've been craving a cigar for awhile now and its too cold to smoke outside. I have it picked out and my lighter set to go when i realize i've lost my cutter. BUT i am determined to smoke this somehow some way tonight.

So i need help, how do i cut this puppy? Scissors would smash the cap and potential mess it up beyond repair. I have a sharp kitchen knife but again, potential tears and rips in the cap. I hate biting it, just makes a huge mess.

oh yea before i forget, i wasn't sure if this belongs here or in the accessory threads so i apologize in advance if it needs to be moved. ;s

kickerb
02-26-2011, 08:19 PM
i would say the sharpest knife you own, go slow and steady. or if you have a punch hanging around, those work in a pinch. heck some lighters come with a built on punch :)

good luck!

JJG
02-26-2011, 08:21 PM
I use a razor blade and carefully slice the cap off. My wife works in retail so we have box cutters all over the place.

Emjaysmash
02-26-2011, 08:34 PM
I use a razor blade and carefully slice the cap off. My wife works in retail so we have box cutters all over the place.

:tpd:

I'd run it along the cap in a circular motion, taking off a layer at a time

cigarmonkel
02-26-2011, 08:40 PM
going with the knife! if i had a camera i'd take pictures so you all could laugh at me whlie i mess it up. But thats not gonna happen today, maybe next time though or at least until i find/buy a new cutter :r

pektel
02-26-2011, 08:50 PM
I've used a razor. Doesn't take much pressure. I keep the blade stationary and rotate the cigar.
Posted via Mobile Device

T.G
02-26-2011, 09:08 PM
You could use a razor as previously suggested, or you could use scissors, just don't try and take the whole cap off, just the tip, you're just interested in going through the wrapper, not into the filler. It'll be more of an oblong cut than what a guillotine leaves.

You could also:
- pick the cap off with your fingernail.
- bite the cap off.
- poke a hole through the cap with an angular object, like the point of a knife, a skewer, a guitar pick, the back of a wooden match, etc. For the flat objects, once they are inserted, twist a few degrees to open the hole up (ala the "cigar spike").
- and so on...

JJG
02-26-2011, 09:21 PM
just the tip

...that's what she said. :noon

cigarmonkel
02-26-2011, 09:30 PM
beat me to it!