PDA

View Full Version : Guillermo Leon awarded '92' by CA

Miami Cigar Co.
02-25-2011, 11:06 AM
In the upcoming April issue of Cigar Aficionado we are proud to share with the community here at Cigar Asylum that the Guillermo Leon Corona Gorda has been awarded a 92, and and is the highest rated non-Cuban.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc403/miamicigarcompany/LaAurora004.jpg

BeerAdvocate
02-25-2011, 11:33 AM
I had mixed feelings with the one I smoked, I will have to revist them again sometime.
Congrats on the rating!

NCRadioMan
02-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Most around here knows that Cigar Aficionado ratings are laughable and should be taken with a grain of salt. It's the novice that knows no better that reads that crap of a rag and believes the 14-15% actual cigar content inside. Shanken is a wanker that perpetuates myth after myth.

:2

And again, since this isn't a review just and ad, I would think it belongs in the Retailer Section of the forum.

Yeah, I know. I'm a dik. :banger

shilala
02-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Congratulations!!! :tu
Best of luck with your smokes. It's nice to see a reasonably priced cigar do well.
I checked up on the blend and it sounds like something I might even enjoy. *gasp* :D

jsnake
02-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Congrats and I think well deserved. The cool thing is I got to smoke one of these with the man himself in New Orleans. It was awesome. I hope Miami Cigar and Guillermo Leon have much more success. Great people and great cigars.

issues
02-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Definitely well deserved! :tu

This cigar was a big surprise to me when I finally got the chance to try one...

I've had the Corona Gorda but I am looking forward to trying the Corona.

icehog3
02-25-2011, 01:27 PM
This isn't a review, so I will move it.

Miami Cigar Co.
02-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Eventually I will figure out what to post where, thank you.

Love them or hate them CA is still a bench mark for many. Granted the majority of forum members are above and beyond magazines, we are in a minority.

rubiconaz
02-26-2011, 05:56 AM
Love the GL's and the La Sirena's are even better. Don't fret what the neg posters have to say. Keep on making your great cigars, you guys have turned out some great stuff recently.

quantim0
02-26-2011, 07:14 AM
It's a good smoke to be sure, personally I think they are a little expensive. But I will keep a few handy in the cooler. I think I have the 2 in there now.

JJG
02-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Regardless of people's opinions on CA's cigar reviews, receiving a 92 and being the top rated NC is great news for any cigar manufacturer. At my local B&M, the owner always posts the CA score next to every box of highly rated cigars. Congratulations, I predict a higher than usual volume of phone calls in the near future.

:chr

thecatch83
02-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Love it or hate it, CA moves the market and prices are influenced by their ratings. Much like Robert Parker in the wine industry (French Bordeaux in particular), people look to those ratings for numerous reasons, and Cigar makers by in large adjust their prices accordingly. Just look at how many cigar boxes have ratings plastered in the corners.....despite being an incredulous vanity rag, I give it a glance from time to time looking for 90 point bargains that I haven't tried before, or the photo section in the back.

:2:2:2:2 :sh