PDA

View Full Version : Would you pay your neighbors to smoke in your home?

jonumberone
02-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Didn't think this should be in legislation and wasn't sure where to put it.
Mods please move where you see fit.

Man has to pay $2000 to neighbors every time he smokes in his own apartment!!

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/ues_man_agrees_his_pay_each_time_Bu44ykeEKyxEPzWBK xT9yL

E.J.
02-23-2011, 06:09 PM
I'd pay any of my neighbors $5 a cigar, if one of them would let me come smoke in their house Mid October to Mid March....;)

CigarNut
02-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Apartment living is tough and I can see how ventilation issues can cause problems. It's not worth $2K to me to be able to smoke, but then I don't live in an apartment and I can always go to the Shilo for < $15 a night...

icehog3
02-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Would you pay your neighbors to smoke in your home?

They would have to pay me to smoke in my home, why would I pay them to smoke in my home? And they can only smoke cigars or pipes in my home, they would have to pay me big bucks to have a cigarette.

Neens
02-23-2011, 09:37 PM
This to me seems a bit out there. Whats to stop someone from doing the same thing if their houses are very close togeather. Some houses around here are less than 3 feet apart, if your smoking outside that close theres a good chance they are going to smell it.

thecatch83
02-23-2011, 10:36 PM
If I lived in an apartment, with horrible ventilation I wouldn't smoke inside. I can only imagine the stench lingering in that place......go outside, find a cigar shop/lounge and move on with your life!

loki
02-23-2011, 11:18 PM
assuming I don't have a clause in my lease that says i can't smoke inside my neighbors can kiss the fastest part of my ass

Bax
02-24-2011, 01:39 AM
assuming I don't have a clause in my lease that says i can't smoke inside my neighbors can kiss the fastest part of my ass

I hear it's pretty fast, too. :r

thecatch83
02-24-2011, 01:43 AM
that's fast...

hscmit
02-24-2011, 07:15 AM
ridiculous
f*cking lawyers

Christiel49
02-24-2011, 07:20 AM
:tpd:

If I lived in an apartment, with horrible ventilation I wouldn't smoke inside. I can only imagine the stench lingering in that place......go outside, find a cigar shop/lounge and move on with your life!

maninblack
02-24-2011, 07:22 AM
ridiculous
f*cking lawyers

:tpd:

Skywalker
02-24-2011, 07:25 AM
He got off cheap!!! Two million dollar lawsuit!!! Yikes!!!

If he does smoke, I hope it's something worth $2,000!!!:tu

KenyanSandBoa
02-24-2011, 07:28 AM
That's ridiculous...but like the story says, the original fine could have been much worse. This guy must be doing ok if he can afford 2 grand a smoke. :D

hscmit
02-24-2011, 07:31 AM
he said he will not smoke in his apartment again

so I dont know that he can

Kreth
02-24-2011, 07:38 AM
The real question is: would my neighbors be happy with $2000 in pennies, rectally deposited, with the still-lit nub of that expensive cigar leading the way? ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

cmitch
02-24-2011, 10:08 AM
All civil liberties that we give up are under the guise of preserving the rights of another. While I acknowledge that smoking in public places such as parks and restaurants is troublesome to others (i.e. where there are those who don't appreciate having to inhale my exhale), restricting ones rights in their own home where they are not encroaching on another is just wrong. Tobacco laws are just the first test. Next thing you know, we WILL be taxed on every hamburger and french fry we buy in order to 'fund' health programs set up by the 'government' to further regulate our lives.

loki
02-24-2011, 11:38 AM
I hear it's pretty fast, too. :r

depends on what i ate that day :noon

Subvet642
02-24-2011, 11:51 AM
I can't imagine that anyone can do anything to me if I smoke on my own property; and I do. I have a neighbor down the hall who keeps propping the fire doors open and has been heard to complain about the smell of smoke, but she hasn't said one word to me. There's not a damned thing she can do about it because there is zero reference to smoking in the master condo docs. BTW, the wife keeps taking the door wedges because propping the fire doors open is a violation of fire code. :fu2

J0eybb
02-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Theres a local shop here, and if I remeber correctly, that has to pay for the ventalation maintenance if they get a complaint from a neighbor.

Powers
02-24-2011, 12:00 PM
This to me seems a bit out there. Whats to stop someone from doing the same thing if their houses are very close togeather. Some houses around here are less than 3 feet apart, if your smoking outside that close theres a good chance they are going to smell it.

In that case they just might see my redneck side if they tell me I can't smoke in my own d@mn lawn