PDA

View Full Version : G()@ da^% efficiency!

OLS
02-23-2011, 11:04 AM
So just when my post count was REALLY coming up, and I was on CA all day when things were slow,
as they always are, the powers that be have installed a new system wherein only certain employees
have full internet access. I will end up being one of them, but still, just to show my displeasure, I have
not asked for a password to the new locked-down, super-servers from hell. I have not mentioned that
I do not yet have access. I will not check my work-related email addresses, I will not access the internet
to glean images for projects, I will not mention the WORD internet until the last possible second of the
worst possible time I can find. SU$& on my chocolate salty balls, work. You can lick the crust out of
various things. I am ALL the way across town at home, accessing the net and visiting the men's room
that belongs to one man. 2 hours will transpire in the time I allow for this lunch break of protest, this
"day of rage".
SUCK IT.

Bunker
02-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Well alright then, another satisfied customer.

Gophernut
02-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Good thing you're already in the Asylum...

They blocked a few sites here at work that we actually used to use for work related things. Said we were spending too much time on that part of our job. It made our job tougher to do, and affected our efficiency, but who cares. As long as we are not on that website any longer. I share your pain...

CigarNut
02-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Is it better to be employed with restricted Internet access or unemployed with unlimited Internet access (at least until the money runs out)?

Having been out of work for 18 months and just recently re-employed, I would take the former myself...

CRIMPS
02-23-2011, 11:23 AM
It is unclear how you really feel. Stop holding back and just let it all out.

(keep the guns in the safe)

dunng
02-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Sorry your management sucks... :tu

Darrell
02-23-2011, 11:27 AM
:r

14holestogie
02-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Well alright then, another satisfied customer.

:r:r:r

chand
02-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Remember our pledge...

"We're not happy til your not happy" :r

Ashcan Bill
02-23-2011, 11:41 AM
:hy

Brutus2600
02-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Hell, I'm in the IT department, but corporate IT is the one who runs the internet restriction. It's not strict, mainly blocks po-rn, gambling, and social networking sites, but occasionally I run into something that I want or need to look at and it's blocked. Internet filtering is definitely a mixed blessing, seeing as we don't have users infecting their computers with spyware nearly as much anymore, but on the other hand I really hate the idea of internet filtering/monitoring.

JaKaacH
02-23-2011, 11:57 AM
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

02-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Best laugh I've had all day. Sorry it was at your expense Brad. I feel for you. My last job blocked fantasy football. What where they thinking?!?!?!?!?!?

Stephen
02-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Best laugh I've had all day. Sorry it was at your expense Brad. I feel for you. My last job blocked fantasy football. What where they thinking?!?!?!?!?!?
Sacrilege!!:jd

cmitch
02-23-2011, 02:16 PM
I would say you're probably up for the 'Employee of the Year' award.

icehog3
02-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Suck It!!!! :D

OLS
02-23-2011, 05:06 PM
I am known as one who will surf ALL DAY anyway, it's not a BAD thing for them to do. And like I said,
once they catch their oversight, it is already known i will get total access, but they will begin to have
a record of where I go and what I do and for how long. I am just pi$$y now because I have been going
through withdrawals. I agree wholeheartedly that less savvy individuals ruin more computers with their
oops moments than we can afford to tolerate. I have been online since 1992-3, and I have gotten maybe
10 spam email messages in that time. I am extremely canny about what I can do and what I can't. I have
also had to re-install winders a few times after blanking a HD, so I am a man like any other, lol. What is
going to be funny is that they have no idea about how little I care about what they think about my
surfing. I can take or leave the job, and I work for a strict, blustery father and son team, who direct ALL
of my activities. If they are too busy to task me, I look at my daily activity or inactivity as their doing.:D

Superbad
02-23-2011, 05:12 PM
You go Brad! I am happy you are handling the new access policies with your usual flair!

CasaDooley
02-23-2011, 06:09 PM
:hm I'm thinkin decaf Brad. Just don't throw your cutter out the window!:lr

kelmac07
02-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Such hostility Brad. :D

icehog3
02-23-2011, 07:07 PM
I said Suck It!!!

maninblack
02-23-2011, 07:58 PM
They block all the cigar sites at work also so I use a proxy server. Fookers. It's worked for 2 years now. Ha ha ha.

shilala
02-23-2011, 08:09 PM
I have decided to empathetically boycott any and all work-related activities until further notice.
Messing with a man's internet is like messing with his lunch bucket.

BC-Axeman
02-23-2011, 08:26 PM
They block all the cigar sites at work also so I use a proxy server. Fookers. It's worked for 2 years now. Ha ha ha.
^^^;)I wasn't going to be the one to say it, as I have to deal with this from the other side.
This CAN get you into trouble.

Neens
02-23-2011, 09:53 PM
If they are too busy to task me, I look at my daily activity or inactivity as their doing.:D

:r:r thats a great outlook. Tell me what to do or pay me for nothing. Wish I could get away with that.