PDA

View Full Version : Looking For CA Sticker

Tyler
02-21-2011, 11:45 PM
Now I know this is seriously dangerous asking for a Cigar Asylum sticker. I literally just want one sticker. I don't want to be bombed or :sl around like a red headed step child. Here is what happened.

The other night my girlfriend and I got into a huge argument over cigars. She finally put two and two together and realized that I have a full cooler stocked with cigars as well as a 150 count desktop humi and 15 count traveldor that are also full, for the most part. She said that I spent way too much money on them and since we are getting married next year (we aren't even engaged yet but you know women sheesh) that I should be saving my money. On top of that I kind of hid the cigars from her because I knew she was going to get so angry. Well the sh!t hit the fan and during the argument she marched over to my cooler, ripped off the CA sticker, crumpled it up into a ball and threw it into the trash can, all while staring me straight in the eye. I was furious and she just replied "atleast I didn't touch your precious cigars....yet!". She kind of has a latina side other and in arguments goes a little crazy but then calms down. Now she is calm and everything is fine but I am out a sticker. I was wondering if anyone had one laying around that would be willing to send it to me. I would even be willing to purchase it from you. I wanted to stick it on my new traveldor. Please pm me if you have one available and I will give you my address. I can pay with PP if need be. Thanks guys.

Bill86
02-21-2011, 11:54 PM
Yes, just PM me your address.

Tyler
02-21-2011, 11:59 PM
Thanks Bill. PM sent.

icehog3
02-22-2011, 12:40 AM
Can't wait to hear about the honeymoon. :r

maninblack
02-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Its hard to ship a sticker without bodyguards. No point to it really. Get him good Bill.

mariogolbee
02-22-2011, 01:24 AM
Yes, just PM me your address.

"Fight! Fight! Fight!":sl

Tyler
02-22-2011, 01:25 AM

Haha thanks Tom. She is a pastors daughter and brought up that tobacco kills almost everyone that smokes it. She just worries that I am going to end up dying. My mother died of cancer so she is also worried that I am at a heightened risk of cancer. I tell her that 10 out of 10 people die but she just says I am rushing the process sometimes :sh. :tf

Its hard to ship a sticker without bodyguards. No point to it really. Get him good Bill.

I suppose. I truly just want a sticker though. -(P

thecatch83
02-22-2011, 01:25 AM
Good thing she didn't attack your sticks........lucky it was only the sticker!

Tyler
02-22-2011, 01:28 AM
Good thing she didn't attack your sticks........lucky it was only the sticker!

Haha I know I am very lucky. She has threatened before but then I calmly explained how that would be like me going into her closet, gathering all of her jewelry, shoes, clothes, etc. and lighting them on fire. I think she understands now haha.

thecatch83
02-22-2011, 01:30 AM
Good point! To us, our cigars really are like a woman's pair of shoes :gl

Tyler
02-22-2011, 01:42 AM
Good point! To us, our cigars really are like a woman's pair of shoes :gl

CoreyD
02-22-2011, 01:52 AM
She kind of has a latina side other and in arguments goes a little crazy but then calms down. She is a pastors daughter
All women have a latino side then.
Oh and see if revsmoke has any thing you can say to help her understand your enjoyment from time to time.
Good thing is if we were to justify you can say well honey the big purchases are done now all I have to do is just let these age and get a few sticks from time to time and then enjoy them from time to time as well. But I am not always good on talking to fiery women:D

icehog3
02-22-2011, 02:11 AM
Haha thanks Tom. She is a pastors daughter and brought up that tobacco kills almost everyone that smokes it. She just worries that I am going to end up dying. My mother died of cancer so she is also worried that I am at a heightened risk of cancer. I tell her that 10 out of 10 people die but she just says I am rushing the process sometimes :sh. :tf

:r :r

kelmac07
02-22-2011, 05:09 AM
Tyler...you could have waited until my return fire in the CA Newbie Sampler Trade II came...but you couldn't wait...so this will not end well. :r :r :r

Hey Bill...send him a CA Newsletter with that sticker. :D

guado
02-22-2011, 06:28 AM
That would be my queue to exit stage left....Good luck.

Tyler
02-22-2011, 06:32 AM
Tyler...you could have waited until my return fire in the CA Newbie Sampler Trade II came...but you couldn't wait...so this will not end well. :r :r :r

Hey Bill...send him a CA Newsletter with that sticker. :D

Crap I totally forgot that was coming sorry Mac. Oh no what have I done, I think I unleashed the kraken.....

Emjaysmash
02-22-2011, 07:42 AM
http://media.mlive.com/citpat-pluggedin/photo/release-the-kraken-zoidbergjpg-c9e4413d29706dcf_large.jpg

cp478
02-22-2011, 08:28 AM
I already see , do not ask for stickers!
Note to self.

Stephen
02-22-2011, 08:33 AM
Now I know this is seriously dangerous asking for a Cigar Asylum sticker. I literally just want one sticker. I don't want to be bombed or :sl around like a red headed step child. Here is what happened.

The other night my girlfriend and I got into a huge argument over cigars. She finally put two and two together and realized that I have a full cooler stocked with cigars as well as a 150 count desktop humi and 15 count traveldor that are also full, for the most part. She said that I spent way too much money on them and since we are getting married next year (we aren't even engaged yet but you know women sheesh) that I should be saving my money. On top of that I kind of hid the cigars from her because I knew she was going to get so angry. Well the sh!t hit the fan and during the argument she marched over to my cooler, ripped off the CA sticker, crumpled it up into a ball and threw it into the trash can, all while staring me straight in the eye. I was furious and she just replied "atleast I didn't touch your precious cigars....yet!". She kind of has a latina side other and in arguments goes a little crazy but then calms down. Now she is calm and everything is fine but I am out a sticker. I was wondering if anyone had one laying around that would be willing to send it to me. I would even be willing to purchase it from you. I wanted to stick it on my new traveldor. Please pm me if you have one available and I will give you my address. I can pay with PP if need be. Thanks guys.
If I've learned anything during my time here, it's that she either needs to be punched in the face or sprayed down with a garden hose.

68TriShield
02-22-2011, 08:39 AM
All women have a latina side then.
Oh and see if revsmoke has any thing you can say to help her understand your enjoyment from time to time.
Good thing is if we were to justify you can say well honey the big purchases are done now all I have to do is just let these age and get a few sticks from time to time and then enjoy them from time to time as well. But I am not always good on talking to fiery women:D

I fixed it for you Corey.You like to live dangerously eh? :rolleyes:

wayner123
02-22-2011, 08:50 AM

:r:r

CigarNut
02-22-2011, 09:03 AM
A friendly piece of advice -- it's hard to be married to someone who does not respect your lifestyle. She does not have to like, participate or even contribute to your cigar smoking but she needs to respect it. Otherwise, you are doomed...

That is something that you need to discuss and work out before you get married...

BTW, you may want to check your mailbox to make sure it is in good enough shape to handle the delivery of your single sticker... :D

Stephen
02-22-2011, 09:23 AM
A friendly piece of advice -- it's hard to be married to someone who does not respect your lifestyle. She does not have to like, participate or even contribute to your cigar smoking but she needs to respect it. Otherwise, you are doomed...
That is something that you need to discuss and work out before you get married...
A wise one he is...

kaisersozei
02-22-2011, 10:12 AM
If I've learned anything during my time here, it's that she either needs to be punched in the face or sprayed down with a garden hose.

This = :lr

This = :tpd:

Meanwhile, good luck with the sticker :tu

borndead1
02-22-2011, 11:22 AM
That would be my queue to exit stage left....Good luck.

Word.

CigarNut
02-22-2011, 11:38 AM

I'm sure you meant this in jest, but there is so much domestic violence out there today that this is really not funny to me...

icehog3
02-22-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm sure you meant this in jest, but there is so much domestic violence out there today that this is really not funny to me...

He is just making a joke because of the thread where someone said they did that because the woman neighbor grabbed the cigar out of his mouth in his yard, Michael. ;)

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38130&highlight=hose

N2 GOLD
02-22-2011, 11:45 AM

Sit her down in front of you tell her to clear here mind & listen to what you have to say.

"My cigars were around before you, during you & will be around AFTER you"

Then just walk away but make sure you giver her a real deep look she will never touch anything cigar related of yours.

After all like you said " aren't even engaged YET "

First thing I told my wife NEVER touch my CIGARS, MOVIES or my TOOLS. These are the only things that are NON NEGOTIABLE... -(P

icehog3
02-22-2011, 11:51 AM
My wife said it was either her or the cigars.

I hardly even miss her.

pnoon
02-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Sit her down in front of you tell her to clear here mind & listen to what you have to say.

"My cigars were around before you, during you & will be around AFTER you"

Then just walk away but make sure you giver her a real deep look she will never touch anything cigar related of yours.

After all like you said " aren't even engaged YET "

First thing I told my wife NEVER touch my CIGARS, MOVIES or my TOOLS. These are the only things that are NON NEGOTIABLE... -(P
There is nothing LIKE a relationship built AROUND demands and ULTIMATUMS. I wish you BOTH the best OF luck.
:rolleyes:
Posted via Mobile Device

MarioF
02-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Back to the reality of his post

how big does his mailbox have to be to fit 1 little sticker:r:r:r

HK3-
02-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Insert picture of smiley eating popcorn here. :banger

CigarNut
02-22-2011, 12:20 PM
He is just making a joke because of the thread where someone said they did that because the woman neighbor grabbed the cigar out of his mouth in his yard, Michael. ;)

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38130&highlight=hoseMy apologies!

Tyler
02-22-2011, 12:25 PM
If I ever get a question which reads "how do cigars relate to domestic violence and marital happiness, please specify how big a mailbox has to be to fit a sticker as well as how dumb the man who asked for said sticker is" I will now be able to answer it in two pages or less. I created a monster. This is the asylum Eh? Haha

Stephen
02-22-2011, 12:27 PM

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38130&highlight=hose
To anyone who read my comment and either wasn't aware of the reference or bothered by what I posted, I apologize. By no means was my intent to glorify or promote domestic violence; such things are an abomination.;s

kgoings
02-22-2011, 12:40 PM
STRESS is a killer! Cigars help you relax, I believe the reports only listed cigar smoking as raising cancer %'s by 2, and the people they studied smoke 5 cigars a day and were heavy drinkers. Let her read the reports herself.

And I agree, she has to respect your lifestyle and you hers or it will never work. If not you better Git while the Gettings good.

NCRadioMan
02-22-2011, 12:48 PM
STRESS is a killer! Cigars help you relax, I believe the reports only listed cigar smoking as raising cancer %'s by 2, and the people they studied smoke 5 cigars a day and were heavy drinkers. Let her read the reports herself.

They only unbiased report on tobacco is the original 1964 Surgeon General's report (when millions more smoked than does today) and it concludes that cigar smokers mortality rates are almost identical to those of non-smokers. Pipe smokers live longer than non-smokers and it's cigarette smokers mortality rates were the only ones that were significantly above non-smokers mortality rates.

I firmly believe that tobacco, in and of itself, is not as harmful as, say, alot of the things we eat. It's the crap and chemicals that Big Tobacco puts in cigarettes that manipulate nicotine levels that should be the major concern.

As for second hand smoke causing anything, not true at all. Don't believe tha hype! http://web.archive.org/web/20021128202555/http://www.telegraph.co.uk/htmlContent.jhtml?html=/archive/1998/03/08/wtob08.html

Once she understands how our community works and how generous and loving to one another we are, how can she reject such a great thing. If there is one thing I can take away from my online experience in the cigar community it's that these people are the salt of the earth and are the most generous and kind people you will ever hope to meet. True friends. That's hard to find. It doesn't matter if you are a dirt poor college student or a millionaire, we have cigars in common and can relate to each other without hesitation. I have friends all over the world because of cigars and I thank God everyday for it.

wayner123
02-22-2011, 02:41 PM
As for second hand smoke causing anything, not true at all. Don't believe tha hype! http://web.archive.org/web/20021128202555/http://www.telegraph.co.uk/htmlContent.jhtml?html=/archive/1998/03/08/wtob08.html

I read the article and thank you for the link. Does that also apply to infant and child second hand smoke? I saw that it said there is no link to lung cancer in children, but it didn't address other respiratory problems.

Neens
02-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Sounds like you need to find a better place to hide your sticks. But really fights ate always going to happen, I just hope nothing gets damaged and everything works out for you.

replicant_argent
02-22-2011, 03:49 PM
if your girlfriend is that uptight about you smoking, you have two choices. Start quitting now, or shop for another girlfriend. She is unlikely to let it become "less of an issue" in my experience.
But I don't really know sh!t about women.

Then again, no one does.

;)

maninblack
02-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Women are crazy creatures. Beware.

Bill86
02-22-2011, 04:18 PM
if your girlfriend is that uptight about you smoking, you have two choices. Start quitting now, or shop for another girlfriend. She is unlikely to let it become "less of an issue" in my experience.
But I don't really know sh!t about women.

Then again, no one does.

;)

Truer words have never been spoken.

MurphysLaw
02-28-2011, 09:11 AM
I'd have to agree with everyone else, watch out this could be a warning sign, and something you should really have a good sit down chat about before you go ahead and invest in that ring. My wife doesn't mind me smoking, and she'll even take a puff or two off a milder cigar every now and then...

And if anyone else has a sticker or two they could send me, Id love to have one for each of my herfadors... :tu

Tyler
03-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Well as you all now know i made the mistake of asking for a sticker. Well Bill took it upon himself to punish me so he sent me the sticker. Well not just one but four and he convienently said he ran out of packing peanuts so he packed it with six cigars. Bill, I am truly thankful for this bomb and I promise never to ask for a sticker again!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/reptman34/caf1fcec.jpg

bvilchez
03-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Those are some nice stickers Bill sent you.:tu

md4958
03-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Those are some nice stickers Bill sent you.:tu

And now he has extras for the next guy that is "Looking for a CA sticker"

kelmac07
03-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Nice "stickers" Bill!! :tu :tu

Ogre
03-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Now thats a CA sticker shipment!!!!! Great job Bill!!!!

Superbad
03-01-2011, 06:13 PM
As someone going through a divorce right now, I would have serious reservations about a life with that woman. It is up to you, but the warning signs are flashing brightly.

Oh yeah, Nicely done Bill! :tu

emopunker2004
03-01-2011, 06:20 PM
As someone going through a divorce right now, I would have serious reservations about a life with that woman. It is up to you, but the warning signs are flashing brightly.

Oh yeah, Nicely done Bill! :tu

he just needs to tell her to stay away from his humi and take her butt into the kitchen and make him a sammich....

;s

MiamiE
03-01-2011, 06:30 PM

Seriously?

CigarNut
03-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Nice hit Bill! Congrats on the Sticker and Sticks Tyler!

Tyler
03-01-2011, 07:37 PM

Haha yes I now have some stickers to bomb...I mean send...to guys looking for them.

Oh yeah, Nicely done Bill!

he just needs to tell her to stay away from his humi and take her butt into the kitchen and make him a sammich....

;s

We are talking it through but it will be brought up in premarital counseling I believe. She is just opinionated but she loves me so I know we can work through this. She just has never been around tobacco/alcohol all her life. It is taking her some time to get used to the fact that I have grown up around it and choose to drink/smoke frequently. It will all work out but for now she will stick to the kitchen.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0902/battleship-battleship-sexism-get-it-feminist-demotivational-poster-1234456641.jpg

;s :D

Skywalker
03-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Sweet sticker bomb!!!:tu

jesseboston81
03-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Great bomb, glad you got your sticker!