PDA

View Full Version : Online Book Discussion Groups

bscottskangum
02-21-2011, 06:27 PM
I have been reading alot of books lately on my nook. Sometimes it's a little weird reading something then thinking/talking about it to myself.

So, does anyone know of/involved in any good online book discussion groups?

I have googled the issue a little but it's kind of a pain sifting through what's good and what isn't.

pnoon
02-21-2011, 06:30 PM
I have been reading alot of books lately on my nook. Sometimes it's a little weird reading something then thinking/talking about it to myself.

So, does anyone know of/involved in any good online book discussion groups?

I have googled the issue a little but it's kind of a pain sifting through what's good and what isn't.

I don't know if there is an equivalent for the Nook but the Kindle has an online forum that includes book discussions. While the technical/device specific subject matter wouldn't be of interest, the book discussions might be.

www.kindleboards.com

bscottskangum
02-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks Peter, the "Book Klubs" section would be just what I'm looking for but it's pretty underdeveloped. I've looked at Barnes & Nobles book communities but it's a mess and no real book discussion there.

Thanks for the link though, I'll definitely be using it for some book recommendations.

pnoon
02-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Thanks Peter, the "Book Klubs" section would be just what I'm looking for but it's pretty underdeveloped. I've looked at Barnes & Nobles book communities but it's a mess and no real book discussion there.

Thanks for the link though, I'll definitely be using it for some book recommendations.

What is it that you like to read?

bscottskangum
02-21-2011, 07:22 PM
What is it that you like to read?

Civil War autobiographies, post apocalyptic fiction, science fiction (not fantasy more like futuristic earth sci-fi), early science fiction like Jules Verne, dystopian novels

It varies.

pnoon
02-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Civil War autobiographies, post apocalyptic fiction, science fiction (not fantasy more like futuristic earth sci-fi), early science fiction like Jules Verne, dystopian novels

It varies.

Minimal overlap of our reading interests, Barry. I used to read quite a bit of science fiction but now it's pretty much crime drama/medical thriller/mystery for me.
James Patterson, John Sandford, Patricia Cornwell, Robin Cook, Greg Iles, Tess Gerritsen. Too many to list here but you get the idea.

bscottskangum
02-21-2011, 07:53 PM
I've been doing a little more research since my first post an hour and a half ago. Anyone have any experience with www.goodreads.com (http://www.goodreads.com)?