PDA

View Full Version : Being Sick Sucks.

pektel
02-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Still trying to kick a nasty cold from almost a week ago. Got a couple orders in, and I can't try them! I mean I could, but what's the point if you can't smell? :td

I suppose one set of them is from OCT00, so they've been waiting patiently for a while...

OLS
02-21-2011, 11:47 AM
I am right there with you. My usual deal is 2.5 days of sick misery, an extra day of coughing up creatures,
then I am good. Here I am a week after I first got sick and I am not as drug down, but I have yet to wake up
and not cough up a Nokia and then get a little achey and chill-ey. Unprecedented chest-snot all day long.
On the good side, I am thinking seriously about bugging out of here and going home to sleep.

jdawg
02-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Get well soon guys! You have cigars to be smokin.

icehog3
02-21-2011, 11:55 AM
I just got over the crud Friday after 3 full weeks....this stuff just sucks. Hope you guys get better quicker.

kelmac07
02-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Hope you're feelig better soon.

srduggins
02-21-2011, 12:20 PM
About 2.5 weeks for me before I slowly started smoking again. Does anyone else feel the need to start slowly with milder sticks or only smoking every other day after a nasty cold?

Get well soon, guys.

OLS
02-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Any kind of smoking is best left as an afterthought when you are well over it, or else you just extend it needlessly.
I feel sorry for people who are addicted to nicotine. Just makes getting over a cold impossible. All I really want
back now is my sense of taste. Sucks to lose that. I have not been completely debilitated for days. It's the
LINGERING that's got me.

HollywoodQue
02-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Hope you feel better soon.

Lucky_Hippo
02-21-2011, 12:38 PM
I feel ya. Just got over it myself (almost 3 weeks). Hang in there fella's and just try to think of it in the rule of 3's. 3 weeks of aging + 3 weeks of sickness = 3 times the pleasure when you finnally can smoke. LOL

pektel
02-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Any kind of smoking is best left as an afterthought when you are well over it, or else you just extend it needlessly.
I feel sorry for people who are addicted to nicotine. Just makes getting over a cold impossible. All I really want
back now is my sense of taste. Sucks to lose that. I have not been completely debilitated for days. It's the
LINGERING that's got me.

That's right where I'm at too. Just won't go away. I try not to take meds, but I've been swallowing echinacea like it's going out of style.

icehog3
02-21-2011, 01:00 PM
About 2.5 weeks for me before I slowly started smoking again. Does anyone else feel the need to start slowly with milder sticks or only smoking every other day after a nasty cold?

Get well soon, guys.

I started with a cheaper, milder stick, Steve, but only to see where my tasting was at. Glad I did, the first one I lit (too early) tasted like crap and I put it out and took another week off.

CRIMPS
02-21-2011, 01:27 PM
No fun :( Get some sun. Always helps.

Ogre
02-21-2011, 01:34 PM
I feel your pain brother, I had it for 3 weeks. Hope it clears soon. Look on the bright side, look at all the CA time you get!!!

BTcigars
02-21-2011, 02:09 PM
I am in the same boat with you guys, sicker than a dog. Only thing is that Pete Johnson is coming to town on Fri and I hope I am better for the event. Ive been looking forward to his visit since Dec damnit! lol

GolfNut
02-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Yup yup yup! I am just now clearing up after a 3 week nuclear cold! I swear, that's the worst one I've ever had. Good luck, wish I had some quick fix for you. NyQuil did help me a little during the roughest parts. Not sure what dosage I took as I just chugged it from the bottle. LOL

Good luck.

pektel
02-21-2011, 02:11 PM
That would suck to miss it! I drug myself out to a brewfest on Saturday. Had a blast, but knew I would suffer some for it.

rebelknight
02-21-2011, 02:53 PM
I feel ya. I had it for 2 weeks. Ran a 103 fever at one point and not a single night that I didn't wake up coughing, sneezing, etc. Luckily I've been better for a week now and I can actually enjoy smoking a cigar.

Gargoyle
02-22-2011, 06:53 AM
I was going stir crazy after fracturing an ankle, followed up by pneumonia earlier this year. I was going mental not smoking for a month after having 1-2 cigars a day.

My first attempt to smoke again was an epic failure and I wasted a nice cigar. I'm working my way back, but the biggest struggle has been how long I can smoke, not necessarilly the strength of the cigar.

Hang in there and get well!

full count
02-22-2011, 07:00 AM
I am semi-laid up now as well. I had a small piece of titanium put in my foot, along with 7 screws. I am going nuts I tell ya! At least I can smoke. Get well soon.

Skywalker
02-22-2011, 07:34 AM
I feel your pain!

Mine is well into 3 weeks now!

I keep looking on the bright side, at least my collection is not being depleted!

Get well soon guys!!!:tu

BTcigars
02-22-2011, 03:57 PM
I was going stir crazy after fracturing an ankle, followed up by pneumonia earlier this year. I was going mental not smoking for a month after having 1-2 cigars a day.

My first attempt to smoke again was an epic failure and I wasted a nice cigar. I'm working my way back, but the biggest struggle has been how long I can smoke, not necessarilly the strength of the cigar.

Hang in there and get well!

Good luck with your recovery, bro!

pektel
03-13-2011, 04:52 AM
Ugh, this sucks I have to update. I got back to about 80%, but then spent 5 days installing 3 kitchens. Thought I was getting better. Now I have a nice painful swollen lymph node on the right side of my jaw, making swallowing food/drink rather difficult, and this constant dull lower back pain (I'm assuming from all the cabinet installs.)

Getting old sucks. I used to bounce back from this isht in a few days. Just take me out to the pasture and shoot me.

Worst part? Still haven't been able to smoke a cigar.
Posted via Mobile Device

HollywoodQue
03-13-2011, 07:50 AM
Get well soon, I will smoke one for you today.