PDA

View Full Version : Torres Candela Churchill Cigar Review Video

kaelaria
02-20-2011, 10:13 PM
http://cigarobsession.com/wp-content/gallery/tcc/thumbs/thumbs_20110218tcc0002-edit.jpg

This 7×48 stick offers a pale green wrapper that is extremely thin and fragile. This particular sample (unfortunately the only one supplied) does have a couple tears, but the binder may hold alright. It has a soft dry feel, minimal veins, stretch marks, good seams and a soft peppery tobacco aroma. First light reveals the wrapper tear to not be a problem and it’s putting off a great amount of thick super sweet smoke. The draw is nothing but sugary goodness, and a light tobacco settles in on the finish with a bit of a tingle. Draw is perfect, just a light resistance. The first third pulls medium-full flavors of a super sweet peppery leather, with a long but downplayed finish of mostly the pepper and sweetness. The burn is very slow, ending the first third at 30 min with flavors of a woody tobacco and pepper with a bit of the sweetness. 50 min in just past the 1/2 way point, flavors transition to a big blast of caramel and oily tobacco while the smoke output increases even more. Ending at 1:30 the last third bring a full body taste of a rich oily caramel coffee and a super long finish with tons of smoke. Video on the site.

Flynnster
02-20-2011, 11:00 PM
Great review. Looks really interesting! Also I can't believe how slow it burned. Are there any other cigars that have this green type wrapper?

On a side note, when you said the thing about the sirens, sirens started outside my window here at home. Crazy.

J0eybb
02-20-2011, 11:01 PM
Candelas are green, usually.

kaelaria
02-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Yep - there are plenty of green wrappers out there! Called many things like Candela!

OLS
02-21-2011, 08:52 AM
I know Arturo Fuente ruins his stellar 858 with a candela wrapper when you can FIND em. Personally, I like to have
as little vegetal notes in cigar smoke as possible, I don't buy cigars that are guaranteed to add more. The flavor
of that wrapper reminds me of Gumbo File'.

NCRadioMan
02-21-2011, 09:14 AM
I've got a couple of special one-off Camacho Corojo's with a candella wrapper and it's one of the most interesting cigars I have ever had. Too bad they will never produce them because they are good. The old Camacho Candela is a good cigar too, if you can find them. They are no longer made.