PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 Fantasy League??

kgoings
02-20-2011, 11:15 AM
Anyone interested in trying a Forumla 1 fantasy league?? Heres how it will go, entry is 5 Cubans, Winners gets 70% Second gets 30%. Will need 6 to 8 players. We will do a Serpentine draft, you will draft drivers and one constructor. Here is the scoring.

DRIVERS: FINISHING POSITION
Winner: 25 points
Second: 18 points
Third: 15 points
Fourth: 12 points
Fifth: 10 points
Sixth: 8 points
Seventh: 6 points
Eighth: 4 points
Ninth: 2 points
10th: 1 point

DRIVERS: RACE COMPLETION
Classified finisher (i.e. completes 90% or more of race distance): 3 points
Finishes between 50% and 90% of race distance: 1 point

DRIVERS: MOVEMENT IN RACE
Move up from grid qualifying position (top 10 finishers only*): 1 point per position gained (up to a maximum of 10 points)
Move down from grid qualifying position*: Minus 1 point *must be a classified finisher (see above)
DRIVERS: FASTEST LAP Fastest lap of race: 2 points

CONSTRUCTORS
Winning car: 10 points
Car finishes in top 10 positions (including winning car): 5 points
Car finishes (i.e. completes 90% of race distance - including top 10): 3 points
Car completes between 50% and 90% of race distance: 1 point
Therefore, a constructor whose cars finish first (18 points) and second (eight points) will gain 26 points in total.

mosesbotbol
02-20-2011, 03:38 PM
How about signing up for Speed TV's fantasy F1 league to keep score? I did it last year and it was pretty good.

Who would keep track of all the data?

kgoings
02-20-2011, 03:48 PM
How about signing up for Speed TV's fantasy F1 league to keep score? I did it last year and it was pretty good.

Who would keep track of all the data?

The problem with SpeedTV is everyone can have the same drivers...I was trying to do something different. I will keep track.

ucla695
02-20-2011, 10:09 PM
I'd be all over this, but draft position determines everything. I'd suggest doing something like we do in my golf league (cuts down on the Tiger effect). Everyone is fair game, BUT you can only pick them once for the season. In F1 ,perhaps, you rank your top 3 drivers or however many. If you pick a driver for 3rd and they win you only get 3rd place pts. For the rest of the season, you can't pick them for third. It still leaves the possibilities that you can pick them for 1st and 2nd. IMO, this is better because luck of the draw is factored out. Strategy comes in, because it's all abut how you pick. Just my initial thoughts and the rules can be adapted. Hopefully you get he idea..it can be adapted...you can pick each driver for the same spot twice or whatever. Anyway, just my :2

kgoings
02-20-2011, 11:56 PM
I'd be all over this, but draft position determines everything. I'd suggest doing something like we do in my golf league (cuts down on the Tiger effect). Everyone is fair game, BUT you can only pick them once for the season. In F1 ,perhaps, you rank your top 3 drivers or however many. If you pick a driver for 3rd and they win you only get 3rd place pts. For the rest of the season, you can't pick them for third. It still leaves the possibilities that you can pick them for 1st and 2nd. IMO, this is better because luck of the draw is factored out. Strategy comes in, because it's all abut how you pick. Just my initial thoughts and the rules can be adapted. Hopefully you get he idea..it can be adapted...you can pick each driver for the same spot twice or whatever. Anyway, just my :2

Lets consider last year, if we would have done this with 5 people and we would have known the end of the season, rankings 1 - 10. It would have been draft like this

Team 1
Pick 1 Sebastian Vettel
Pick 10 Rubens Baichello Team Points 311

Team 2
Pick 2 Fenando Alonso
Pick 9 Michael Schumacher Team Points 332

Team 3
Pick 3 Mark Webber
Pick 8 Robert Kubica Team Points 378

Team 4
Pick 4 Lewis Hamilton
Pick 7 Nico Rosberg Team Points 392

Team 5
Pick 5 Jenson Button
Pick 6 Felipe Massa Team Points 360

In that senario, Team 1 with Vettel would have gotten last place. Team 4 would have won. Now these points are only based on the scoring above, and only the first section (drivers finishing position). I think my system will work. It will not be all about the draft position it will be about how you draft. Now add in picking a third driver, and a constructor and add in points for moving up in grid position. I think it will be fun.

mosesbotbol
02-21-2011, 06:09 AM
Looks like Bahrain could be cancelled.

I will join in on whatever is decided, but I would rather like to pick all of my drivers, engine, and Constructor than worrying about luck of the draw. In SpeedTV's F1,picking the most winning driver does not get you the most points.

kgoings
02-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Thats cool if everyone else wants to do it Speed TV style, can someone create a league there and post it here.

mosesbotbol
02-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Here's the link. We can start building our team before the league is created.

http://f1st.silentworld.tv/default.aspx?page=register

kgoings
02-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Here's the link. We can start building our team before the league is created.

http://f1st.silentworld.tv/default.aspx?page=register

So can you change your team each race??

mosesbotbol
02-21-2011, 10:32 AM
So can you change your team each race??

It depends on how much your spend on your budget. If you have transfer money leftover, you can make changes

I will create a mini-league we can all join. Will post name in a few minutes.

mosesbotbol
02-21-2011, 10:36 AM
The league is now set up. It's Cigar Asylum GP 2011

Please PM me or kgoings for the password. Please have your team setup before joining the leage.

kgoings
02-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Trying to sign up, it is not sending me an activation email. Maybe it will send it later.

mosesbotbol
02-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Trying to sign up, it is not sending me an activation email. Maybe it will send it later.

Check you spam folder. It sends immediately

kgoings
02-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Check you spam folder. It sends immediately

Not in spam, and I requested another...

ucla695
02-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Interesting...let's see if we can get critical mass.