PDA

View Full Version : Tat Pork Tenderloin (Thanks Dunkel)

RevSmoke
02-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Tat Pork Tenderloin (5.125X52)

I received this as part fulfillment of my MAW from Dunkel. Thanks bud, a great smoke - why don't you read on.

0.0 - 2.0 = poor/inferior quality
2.1 - 2.9 = fair
3.0 - 3.5 = good
3.5 - 4.5 = excellent
4.6 - 5.0 = superior

1) Aesthetics: Finished with a pigtail cap, this is a “fun” cigar that sports a dark, chocolate, oily wrapper that is highlighted by the veins which are much lighter in color. It is actually makes for a handsome appearance.

Score for aesthetics: 4.6

2) Pre-light Construction: This is a cigar that wants to be held. It is firm and dense, begging the question of whether or not it will draw. It has slight cocoa and spice smell to it, and when snipped, draws surprisingly easy. As I taste it unlit, I’m thinking this might have some shoulders to the smoke

Score for Pre-light construction: 4.8

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: While suggesting that it needs some slight touch-ups (I write that off to the fact that I was outside on a breezy day), it self-corrects and draws easy, holding a very firm ash for quite a time. This is a sturdy stick.

Score for post-light construction: 4.9

4) Flavor and strength: This one comes out of the gate swinging with strength and spice, but it isn’t overwhelming. I like the cocoa flavors that are highlighted by coffee and white pepper. As it progresses, the coffee notes are more espresso-ish, and hints of leather appear, and the cocoa turns to bittersweet chocolate (in the best sense of that term) in this especially complex stick.

Score for flavor and strength: 4.7

5) Finish/Aftertaste: This stick is not subtle in the finish, as cocoa and spice linger on the palate. I was enjoying a cream soda with this, and they highlighted one another very nicely.

Score for aftertaste: 4.8

6) Aroma: This was a bit unusual, well, sort of. It was a great smell, but not what I had expected from the flavors I was getting. The aroma was slightly sweet with a hint of fruit, and the bittersweet chocolate, and cigar - yes, cigar.

Score for aroma: 4.5

7) General Comments: I was only able to have one of these (Thanks, Dunkel!!!), so I cannot tell how consistent they are. I did really think that the cream soda complimented the cigar tremendously. It was a great smoke while ice fishing. I could see myself buying a 5er if they were available, but I’m not going to hold my breath waiting for it.

Zeuceone
02-16-2011, 02:47 PM
great review. where these an LE stick?

Adriftpanda
02-16-2011, 02:51 PM
yes.

Nice review, Rev. I really enjoyed these, thought the flavors were just fantastic but these were a bit too strong for me.

Emjaysmash
02-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Yum... this and cream soda sounds awesome!

longknocker
02-16-2011, 05:47 PM
One Of My Fav. Tats!:tu Nice Review, Todd!:D

smokinpeace
02-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Great review. This is a top 5 stick for me. It is a flavor bomb. If you see one for sale somewhere, buy it. You will not regret it.

Bill86
02-16-2011, 06:00 PM
I'll agree with Huy they are definitely a bit strong. I smoked one indoors with a sprite and I found it easier. Toss up between the pork tenderloin and the T110 for the best Tatuaje I've had. I did like the Frank but the gouging on those completely turns me off of wanting to attempt to acquire more. Kinda the same with the PT and T110, shame as they are good cigars.

kelmac07
02-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Great review Todd. I enjoyed the few I had.

RevSmoke
02-16-2011, 09:46 PM
I'd purchase a couple more if I found them.

Yes, the cream soda was a great compliment. I also think that Land O' Lakes Arctic White hot chocolate would also go very well with this stick.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Sin
02-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Nice review, thanks for sharing.

DoctaJ
02-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Excellent descriptions! Thanks for the review :)

jsnake
02-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Nice review. I happened to have a buddy trade one of these to me and I just got it. Looking forward to torturing with a severe burning.

Dunkel
02-23-2011, 01:45 PM
I only got my hands on 7 of these, and sent the good Rev 1 for his MAW. I am very glad that he enjoyed it as much as I have. I also gave one to my best friend when he visited before Christmas. He loved it as well. I have 2 left, 1 for opening day at my riverlot and most likely 1 for the last day on the riverlot. I really loves 'em!

STEVE S
02-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Very nice review, thanks for sharing.

EricF
02-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the great review Todd! :tu

RevSmoke
02-23-2011, 06:49 PM
I only got my hands on 7 of these, and sent the good Rev 1 for his MAW. I am very glad that he enjoyed it as much as I have. I also gave one to my best friend when he visited before Christmas. He loved it as well. I have 2 left, 1 for opening day at my riverlot and most likely 1 for the last day on the riverlot. I really loves 'em!

Thanks for sharing, Doug. It was really enjoyable.

Peace of the Lord be with you.