PDA

View Full Version : Yet another slippery Slope!!!!!

Mr B
02-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Well, I have fallen victim to another hobby / addiction. I love coffee, especially with a good stick. I started poking around in the Coffee forum a couple of months ago and was very intrigued.
I am a do-it-yourselfer by nature. I build my own fishing rods, I have been making lures for 20 years, I smoke my own meats and cheeses, so why not roast my own coffee.
Man am I having fun!!!! I got my order of 6 different pounds form Sweet Maria's and its been non stop ever since.
This morning I pressed some Sumatra Blue Batak Tarbarita Peaberry (city+). What a great roast! My review skills are poor so I will save you the agony, but there is no turning back now.
Thanks for all the knowledge and info here.

Brent

novasurf
02-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Welcome.

Salvelinus
02-10-2011, 03:51 PM
I've been so tempted after sampling Drews (Ghostrider) home roasted additions to the coffee pass. Must resist though...must resist.

Mr B
02-10-2011, 04:29 PM
I've been so tempted after sampling Drews (Ghostrider) home roasted additions to the coffee pass. Must resist though...must resist.

Resistance is futile ;s

So much better than store bought. Cheap roaster (Hot air Popper). For the price I can afford many more variaties.
Better watch out Brendan, there might be some fresh roast on its way to the North East if you're not carefull.

floydpink
02-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Resistance is futile ;s

So much better than store bought. Cheap roaster (Hot air Popper). For the price I can afford many more variaties.
Better watch out Brendan, there might be some fresh roast on its way to the North East if you're not carefull.

..and you know it hasn't been sitting in a bag on the shelf for a month.

No turning back now.

Mister Moo
02-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Great sport and better coffee. I hope you get as much pleasure from the hobby as I have.

ashtonlady
02-11-2011, 09:51 AM
As has been said, once you start there is no going back. Enjoy the trip.

thecatch83
02-22-2011, 11:13 PM
I'm with you! Nothing beats a nice smoke and a good cup of joe in the morning on the weekend. Two of my favorites are Stumptown out of Portland and Sisters coffee in central Oregon.