PDA

View Full Version : Crime and Punishment

Katmancross
02-10-2011, 01:20 PM

Last night, my son in law literally took down a 3 time loser... big time drug dealer.
They wrestled to the ground in a scuffle to get the cuffs on him. My son in law removed this from his possession.
This guy is going to do 40-45 years.
Now it's mine.

Ashcan Bill
02-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Cool. :tu

Dave128
02-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Seems a bit fishy to me......

Why would a lighter be confiscated from someone? Was there motive? I should think this would fall under theft of property, cop or not. Also, if not theft and there was some sort of motive, would this be classified as evidence tampering?

hscmit
02-10-2011, 01:49 PM

Why would a lighter be confiscated from someone? Was there motive? I should think this would fall under theft of property, cop or not. Also, if not theft and there was some sort of motive, would this be classified as evidence tampering?

x2
stuff like this is what gives cops a bad name

Zeuceone
02-10-2011, 01:51 PM
is this made up? sure doesnt look good.

Katmancross
02-10-2011, 01:51 PM

And you would be wrong...Police policy is to throw away anything combustible at the scene. Or throw it in their trunks. It had nothing to do with the event or crime.
"Yes your honor....we did find 4 kilos of cocaine and 1.5 kilos of marijuana on the defendant...and oh yeah...a lighter with a some kind of leaf on it."

safariguy
02-10-2011, 01:52 PM
No. Not cool. Not cool at all. As a police officer I find this offensive. I hope your son in law does not get put in prison also. That would be a shame.

Dave128
02-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Enjoy using that stolen property.

Katmancross
02-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Enjoy using that stolen property.

Thank you, I will.

loki
02-10-2011, 01:56 PM
so it was theft or destruction of personal property under color of authority?

DPD6030
02-10-2011, 01:57 PM
I can hope that this doesn't get back to his boss. This could be the end of your son's career over a post on the internet. I don't know of any police policy to throw away items belonging to another person, whether it was confiscated or not. :2

timj219
02-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Let's all gloat for awhile about somebody spending the rest of their life in prison for breaking the idiotic drug laws. If you'd received a few dozen of those lighters it might have paid for your share of his upkeep in prison.

Katmancross
02-10-2011, 02:01 PM
so it was theft or destruction of personal property under color of authority?

I will say this one more time...the policy of the police department is to discard any combustible item found on the person arrested, unless germaine to the arrest or the law that was broken.
It is the policy of the police department....got it?

loki
02-10-2011, 02:04 PM
I will say this one more time...the policy of the police department is to discard any combustible item found on the person arrested, unless germaine to the arrest or the law that was broken.

so it's still theft or destruction of personal property under color of authority.....got it? and the word you're looking for is germane....I hope I never run into you, or your son in law

Katmancross
02-10-2011, 02:07 PM
I can hope that this doesn't get back to his boss. This could be the end of your son's career over a post on the internet. I don't know of any police policy to throw away items belonging to another person, whether it was confiscated or not. :2

You not being aware of a specific police policy does not change anything...
This was a big bust. The scene was full of his bosses. He did nothing illegal.

loki
02-10-2011, 02:08 PM
You not being aware of a specific police policy does not change anything...
This was a big bust. The scene was full of his bosses. He did nothing illegal.

:rolleyes:

grateful1
02-10-2011, 02:09 PM

Last night, my son in law literally took down a 3 time loser... big time drug dealer.
They wrestled to the ground in a scuffle to get the cuffs on him. My son in law removed this from his possession.
This guy is going to do 40-45 years.
Now it's mine.

Makes one wonder what else has been taken.

:O

Katmancross
02-10-2011, 02:10 PM
so it's still theft or destruction of personal property under color of authority.....got it? and the word you're looking for is germane....I hope I never run into you, or your son in law

LOL!

Katmancross
02-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Makes one wonder what else has been taken.

:O

Maybe a box of matches or half a roll of Rolaids.....

DPD6030
02-10-2011, 02:14 PM

Discarding of it is one thing, giving the property to another that was supposed to be discarded or destroyed is another. :2

Anyone have any itch cream? My butt is beginning to itch :r

Katmancross
02-10-2011, 02:14 PM
OK. I'm bored with this.
Time to go smoke a cigar.

loki
02-10-2011, 02:18 PM
i'm growing bored with you, congratulations, you're the second person on my ignore list

Bill86
02-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Discarding of it is one thing, giving the property to another that was supposed to be discarded or destroyed is another. :2

Anyone have any itch cream? My butt is beginning to itch :r

http://img.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/88941100017_450x450_a.jpg

DPD6030
02-10-2011, 02:19 PM
I want an update from the news station on this guy going to get 40-45 years. In reality I bet he doesn't get the maximum and of course "good behavior" will get him out early as well. Prisons are overcrowded and understaffed.

DPD6030
02-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the butt itch powder Bill. :tu

hscmit
02-10-2011, 02:21 PM
does your son work for the city of milwaukee police dept. or the county sheriffs office?

grateful1
02-10-2011, 02:34 PM
I call SHENANIGANS!

http://thelostjacket.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/shenanigans.jpg

replicant_argent
02-10-2011, 02:40 PM
was there any combustible cash he could send my way? "It's combustible, Sarge!" "Toss it out, Fitzgerald!"

Wait... that would be wrong. ;)

I feel a disturbance in the Force.

Swif
02-10-2011, 03:08 PM
x2
stuff like this is what gives cops a bad name

:tu

BlindedByScience
02-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Except it wasn't "discarded"....it was kept as a trophy.

I know lots of LEO's and they would NEVER risk their career, or perhaps most importantly, the integrety of a case over a three dollar junk lighter with a pot leaf on it. They are all far, far more professional than that.

If a lighter with a pot leaf on it is what you seek, there are lots of places to get them. Don't risk a LEO's career and the potential of losing a case over a piece of cheap junk.

JMHO - NFH

replicant_argent
02-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Except it wasn't ... over a piece of cheap junk.

JMHO - NFH

Hey... welcome, stop by the new inmates thread and introduce yourself!

Katmancross
02-10-2011, 04:26 PM
I sincerely hope that all of you that are judging me are just as righteous in your own lives as you infer my life, or the officer being discussed, should be. I hope you lead marvelous lives in which you never make a misstep. You never do something that someone else might not approve of. You walk the straight and narrow. That you never display behavior that others might think is not righteous. That you don't drink too much, and drive. That you don't use illegal drugs. That you don't curse in public. That you always treat your spouse and children with love and care and never misstep. That you never find yourself in a situation where you are judged by others because they don't understand you or have different ethics than you. Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone. This should have been fun. Where is the vitriol for the ex con that was dealing drugs? Why haven't you asked any questions about him? Why are you obsessed with a $3 lighter in his possession at the time of his arrest?
How many people has he hurt with the distribution of several kilos of cocaine? How many lives has he helped destroy? But it seems to be more important worrying about a brave police officer, honored with awards for saving lives, taking a lighter from a criminal. Why no questions about the brave things this officer has done in his career? Why no questions about how many times this officer put himself in harm's way? Because it just ain't within the line of accusations you prefer. Shame on all of you. Get your friggin priorities straight. Maybe go to the County Morgue where you live and investigate what the coroners are stealing from their customers?
OK. Now let me have it. It's what you do best.

NCRadioMan
02-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Me thinks you need to really think before you post anything.
:2

pnoon
02-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Nothing good to come from keeping this one open.

Time for everyone to move on.