PDA

View Full Version : Don Abram Harris Cigars

Katmancross
02-05-2011, 08:30 AM
I've got a Twilight Zone experience happening. Don Abram Harris is on facebook. According to everything I've googled, he's legit. He is supposed to be sending me cigars for review and is looking for a sales rep.
I get an email from Swedish Matching Jobs.com telling me I've been turned down as area rep. What the hell is Swedish Matching Jobs.com?
And then he calls me 3 times a week asking if I got the mysterious cigars. I tell him no and ask how he sent them. Some times its overnight, other times its regular mail.
But no conversation lasts longer that 3 minutes because he has a call coming in and he will call me right back....which he never does.
Am I on some long list of marks?

guitar4001
02-05-2011, 08:45 AM
sounds odd. maybe you have a new stalker? do they have a website?

Katmancross
02-05-2011, 08:57 AM
sounds odd. maybe you have a new stalker? do they have a website?

Yes he does.
http://www.donabramharris.com/

And he called me back.
I told him not to break my heart and make me cry like a little girl...and he says he's just overwhelmed.
I'm not a stupid man. Stupid is as stupid does.
I spent a career being a project manager in commercial construction running sky scrapers, convention centers, nuclear facilities, Big box buildings, etc. I told him I could help him.
Google him.
He's got bona fide articles about his rise from nothing to mogul and he's promised to help me..
???

Skywalker
02-05-2011, 09:04 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_t3HpPhB2dp4/TCBUH7kVT0I/AAAAAAAAD0M/rc5XKryQ42U/s1600/Twilight%2BZone%2BLogo%2Bwith%2BRod%2BSerling.jpg

guitar4001
02-05-2011, 09:29 AM
how much are these cigars?

Skywalker
02-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Walks like a duck, talks like a duck... must be a duck!!!

Good luck!

Katmancross
02-05-2011, 09:39 AM
how much are these cigars?

I don't know. And I don't think they are on the market yet. His Presidential Reserve looks tasty. That's what he's sending me.
He told me he's finishing up the construction on the 3000 sq ft humidor.
I really hope he's for real because he surprises me with each conversation. He seems centered and humble and for real. I'm not a schmuck. But that doesn't mean it's for real....I need this really bad if it is for real.
He also seems like a very nice man. We laugh during our conversations.
I'm soooooo confused.

Katmancross
02-05-2011, 09:42 AM
http://www.blacknews.com/news/don_abram_harris_cigars_navy_exchange101.shtml

"Washington, DC (BlackNews.com) -- Don Abram Harris Cigars, LLC recently landed a major sale with the Navy Exchange (NEX). The NEX is the US Armed Forces, BX, which is a common name for a type of retail store operating on United States military installations worldwide. Authorized patrons of the Navy Exchange (NEX) now also have the added convenience of shopping online with the launching of its new web-based store at www.myNavyExchange.com.

The Don Abram Harris Cigar line was first introduced at the 76th Annual International Premium Cigar and Pipe Retailers Association (IPCPR) Trade Show in Las Vegas, NV, July 13-18, 2008. The reviews for the new line of cigars were positive and are now on a steady pace towards growing nationally. Don Abram Harris Cigars come in some of the most recognizable sizes and wrappers born from Puerto Rico's tropical soil including the Churchill, the Robuso and the Corona (crown) with the Maduro wrapper from Brazil and the Cameroon wrapper from Africa, each with its own distinct aroma and flavorful taste.

What is particularly distinctive about the Don Abram Harris Cigar Company is that it is owned by the first African American Cigar manufacturer ever in the United States. There may be occasion for this information to be documented in the Guinness book of world records. "

This sure as hell looks real to me.

Ismith75
02-05-2011, 09:43 AM
If you go to the "in the news" section of the website and click on the link to the newspaper article written about this company, there are a couple of people who claim the guy doesn't follow through on his word.

Skywalker
02-05-2011, 10:11 AM
http://www.blacknews.com/news/don_abram_harris_cigars_navy_exchange101.shtml

"Washington, DC (BlackNews.com) -- Don Abram Harris Cigars, LLC recently landed a major sale with the Navy Exchange (NEX). The NEX is the US Armed Forces, BX, which is a common name for a type of retail store operating on United States military installations worldwide. Authorized patrons of the Navy Exchange (NEX) now also have the added convenience of shopping online with the launching of its new web-based store at www.myNavyExchange.com.

The Don Abram Harris Cigar line was first introduced at the 76th Annual International Premium Cigar and Pipe Retailers Association (IPCPR) Trade Show in Las Vegas, NV, July 13-18, 2008. The reviews for the new line of cigars were positive and are now on a steady pace towards growing nationally. Don Abram Harris Cigars come in some of the most recognizable sizes and wrappers born from Puerto Rico's tropical soil including the Churchill, the Robuso and the Corona (crown) with the Maduro wrapper from Brazil and the Cameroon wrapper from Africa, each with its own distinct aroma and flavorful taste.

What is particularly distinctive about the Don Abram Harris Cigar Company is that it is owned by the first African American Cigar manufacturer ever in the United States. There may be occasion for this information to be documented in the Guinness book of world records. "

This sure as hell looks real to me.

I can't find any reviews on his cigars... outside of what he says!:confused:

I think you should ask the retailers here if they have heard of this line of cigars. I have yet to see these in any B&M I've visited.

For the recored, I'm not trying to be a naysayer! Just saying, "Be careful"!

thegoldenmackid
02-07-2011, 03:52 AM
He's been around since 93 and no one has heard of him... hmm....

whodeeni
02-07-2011, 04:59 AM
i don't know... i guess i'll grab some popcorn on this one!:sh

Katmancross
02-07-2011, 08:48 AM
If you go to the "in the news" section of the website and click on the link to the newspaper article written about this company, there are a couple of people who claim the guy doesn't follow through on his word.

OH Crap!
I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. I told him on the phone that this better be real. If he pulls the rug out from under me, he's going to destroy me because being unemployed for so long, I'm real vulnerable and I don't want my head to explode.
Sunuva*****!
Well the real test will come today. He called me 6 times on Saturday worried about the cigars he says he sent me. He says his rep in California got his on Friday and the mailing service he used said due to the blizzard, it will cause delays but that the delivery should absolutely be made today! Today.
At least I don't have to wait long until I go into melt down.

Sled Dog
02-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Add me to the I hope its legit but be careful crew

Katmancross
02-11-2011, 12:24 PM

I finally got a 5 pack of Don Abram Harris Presidential Reserves after it was lost in the postal system for 11 days.
I smoked one right away and was very impressed with the flavors, considering.
It immediately has a very creamy and woody flavor. There's a hint of Gran Marnier in it. I'm going to let the other 4 rest a couple weeks and then I'm going to review one. But I'm impressed. This may be and up and comer.
Note: His web site doesn't show the prices. That's going to be a big component of the review.

Skywalker
02-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Glad you got 'em, Phil!

I look forward to the review!:tu

jdawg
02-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Nice looking cigar! It sounds like a good smoke.

I have to admit everything sounded really shady, but glad you finally got them. I would be really careful when dealing with this guy.

rizzle
02-11-2011, 02:22 PM
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/_Funny/Please_God_Make_It_Stop.jpg

mmblz
02-11-2011, 02:50 PM
I finally got a 5 pack of Don Abram Harris Presidential Reserves after it was lost in the postal system for 11 days.

Was it dropped from the sky out of a black helicopter?

whodeeni
02-13-2011, 12:24 PM

Was it dropped from the sky out of a black helicopter?

What's going on w/ the postal system these days? Mailed something out on
Tuesday that hasn't reached s. florida yet....

Cigar looks pretty good... Grand Marnier'esque makes me thing of 'sugary burnt orange' flavors... not sure if that's my kind of stick but i will admit you've made
me curious....:tu

Katmancross
02-13-2011, 12:28 PM
What's going on w/ the postal system these days? Mailed something out on
Tuesday that hasn't reached s. florida yet....

Cigar looks pretty good... Grand Marnier'esque makes me thing of 'sugary burnt orange' flavors... not sure if that's my kind of stick but i will admit you've made
me curious....:tu

It tasted pretty good right out of the cello. Now the test of my manhood to see how long I can let them age. I believe a couple months will really bring out that Gran Marnier flavor.
Yeah, it really pisses me off about the post office. But he sent them first class instead of Priority Mail so no tracking. If you're going to send something of value like that, spend the extra $3 and do it right.
They arrived frozen.

Katmancross
02-13-2011, 12:30 PM
I can't find any reviews on his cigars... outside of what he says!:confused:

I think you should ask the retailers here if they have heard of this line of cigars. I have yet to see these in any B&M I've visited.

For the recored, I'm not trying to be a naysayer! Just saying, "Be careful"!

You're right. He's calling me on Tuesday. I have a list of questions for him.
I shall report back

whodeeni
02-13-2011, 02:39 PM
It tasted pretty good right out of the cello. Now the test of my manhood to see how long I can let them age. I believe a couple months will really bring out that Gran Marnier flavor.
Yeah, it really pisses me off about the post office. But he sent them first class instead of Priority Mail so no tracking. If you're going to send something of value like that, spend the extra $3 and do it right.
They arrived frozen.

that's probably due to the fact that spent 11 days in transit bro... Not
his fault:sh

bvilchez
02-13-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm always looking at the humi cabinet on base and I have NEVER seen any of those sticks in ANY of the bases I've gone to.

I'm just sayin'