PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite online Cigar Retailer

GodOfFire
02-04-2011, 09:35 PM
With so many online retailers and many of them being very good. I just wonder what is your favorite online cigar retailer and why?

emopunker2004
02-04-2011, 10:49 PM
cigarmonster.com =)
famous-smoke.com runs that site

thegoldenmackid
02-04-2011, 11:06 PM
Buckhead (ATL Cigar), Cigar Source, Tobacco Locker, Uptown, RMR

Tyler
02-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Cigarmonster.com, great deals at great prices if you compare around. I have grabbed some good deals.

Cigarauctioneer.com, I use this site when wanting to buy boxes of cigars that are nicer than $6. They normally have good prices on auctions mid day but I have found that you also need to do your research comparing to other online places.

Cigarbid.com, for buying cigars that retail less than $6 a cigar or for singles, and 5 packs. I mainly use Cbid to try new cigars at low prices or to pick up accessories. I have spent way too much money though with them haha.

icehog3
02-04-2011, 11:18 PM
I've had positive past experiences with:

Holts
DukeCity
TampaSweethearts

Tyler
02-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Anyone use Texcigars.com? I have noticed that they have way lower prices than most e-tailers but have not heard anything about them. They also are lacking pictures most of the time of the product so I am a bit weary. Don't mean to hijack the thread but I think this is on topic enough. If it is not then I can move it.

thegoldenmackid
02-05-2011, 12:56 AM
Anyone use Texcigars.com? I have noticed that they have way lower prices than most e-tailers but have not heard anything about them. They also are lacking pictures most of the time of the product so I am a bit weary. Don't mean to hijack the thread but I think this is on topic enough. If it is not then I can move it.

Reason why the price is lower is because they generally by from retailers slightly over (or at) wholesale, then operate on much lower margins. They have few, if any, actual accounts with manufacturers.

jsnake
02-05-2011, 02:05 AM
Cigar.com best customer service

emopunker2004
02-05-2011, 02:08 AM
Cigar.com best customer service

i love cigar.com also. all my online purchases are from cigar.com, famous-smoke.com, or cigarmonster.com

taltos
02-05-2011, 05:11 AM
I have found that in the past couple of years I have used Cheaper Cigars, Cigar Place, and Best Cigar Prices for most of my purchases since they generally have the best prices on Olivas, and Best Cigar Prices have El Cobre and the best price with bonuses on Perdomo2. I do buy Indian Maduros and Perdomo2 Mistakes at Cigars International. I have had great luck at all of these vendors to include Best Cigar Prices in December 2009 holding 2 boxes of Oliva V Maduros after my Visa Card was compromised (which I found out on this order) and I was waiting for a new card. They also made a mistake when they set up bonuses on Perdomo2 Torps and did not list the bonus on an order. Sent the bonuses (a Thundra lighter with each box, I bought 3 boxes) after a phone call. Only place that I have seen with better customer service is Holts.

Subvet642
02-05-2011, 05:19 AM
Personally, I use JR's; I've always gotten good customer service, I get their shipments super fast, their prices are pretty good on the smokes I like and I like their JR alternatives.

cmitch
02-05-2011, 08:04 AM
My first experience with cigarauctioneer.com was a very positive one.:tu
I got a box of 10th anniversary champagnes for 1/2 price and everything else about 40% off. But, you can't get auction fever or you'll pay too much for the product.

E.J.
02-05-2011, 08:07 AM

Yes, the times I have used Texcigars.com, I have been very pleased with the product and service.

maninblack
02-05-2011, 08:20 AM
Cigarsatyourprice.com. Love this site. Cigarbid.com is another addictive site and I've saved alot of money using both of them.

Bill86
02-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Cigarsatyourprice.com. Love this site. Cigarbid.com is another addictive site and I've saved alot of money using both of them.

:tpd: Cigarsatyourprice. Best prices, great service. They package things very well too.

chippewastud79
02-05-2011, 08:28 AM
The Party Source. Across the board they can beat most retailers prices, particularly if you call. :tu

waffle
02-05-2011, 08:29 AM
The Party Source. Across the board they can beat most retailers prices, particularly if you call. :tu

:tpd:

guitar4001
02-05-2011, 08:48 AM
i like the daily deal sites - cigar monster, joe cigar, etc.

When I want something specific, I usually go with CI or Famous. When back home in NC, I go to the JR store which is about 20 mins from my parents' house. I would never buy from JR's online unless I am buying ALOT of merchandise. That 8 buck fee is killer on a box or two.

Beegerply
02-05-2011, 10:15 AM
cbid,CI, Holt's, cigarmonster

pektel
02-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Honestly, I only remember ordering from CI. Though tampasweetheart will be getting an order from me shortly. Going to check out texcigars...

kelmac07
02-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Cigarsatyourprice.com
Holts
Famous

Ismith75
02-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Thepartysource and Fullerspullers.

Deez
02-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Bonitasmokeshop.com I like to buy in five packs and they usually have a 5 pack for every cigar

liltim
02-05-2011, 10:59 AM
One of my favorite online retailers is cigar.com. Their customer service is amazing. I was out in Afghanistan and one of my cigars was damaged during shipping. They shipped me a new one free of charge that same day and required no pictures or proof from me. I had another friend who ordered cigars out there and never received them so cigar.com send the entire order again free of charge. Cigarbid.com is also great if you want to pick up some new sticks for a cheap price.

The Poet
02-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Personally, I use JR's; I've always gotten good customer service, I get their shipments super fast, their prices are pretty good on the smokes I like and I like their JR alternatives.

Lew gets almost all my bisiness too. I will say that their Alts are very good buys, but even at twice the price or more the JR Ults are much, much better, and to my taste as good as many twice the price. Oh, and if you get ahold of the right bundle of Connies, you'll be hooked for life.

Besides, Lew's one hell of a nice guy. :tu

Miket156
02-05-2011, 01:45 PM
I primarily buy from Bestcigarprices.com and have recently ordered from Cigarplace.biz. BCP does not have the lowest prices, but they have a LOT of what they sell in stock and ship the same day. On many of the higher priced boxes of smokes, they give me free UPS Ground shipping. Being that I am in Central PA and they are in Kingston NY (less than 200 miles away) I get my order in less than 48 hours. Great customer service too. Cigarplace.biz consistently has the lowest prices I've seen and I've done a lot of comparison shopping. The drawback is that they don't have a lot of their cigars in stock, at least right now. So I've added some things to my Wishlist and check back regularly. I noticed a link to Primostogies.com on one of the other Cigar Chat rooms, and they have some low prices and offer things like Monticristo and some other popular smokes in a CASK bundle that comes with a pretty low price. I don't know if those cigars are fresh or not, but I am considering giving them a shot. If anyone has ever ordered from them, let me know. -(P

Cheers,

Mike T.

Devanmc
02-05-2011, 02:04 PM
im gunna have to go with cigarsatyourprice.com not the best deigned website but great prices, customer service and shipping. they have gotten ALOT of my money

Chemyst
02-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Cbid(CI), Famous, Holts and Tampa Sweethearts.
Have also had good service from Atlantic, BestCigarPrices.com,
cigarplace.biz, and Jack Schwartz .

It helps that I'm within one day standard shipping from 1/2 of these.

Chemyst :cool2:

Kreth
02-05-2011, 04:37 PM
It helps that I'm within one day standard shipping from 1/2 of these.
:tpd: One day shipping usually from CI, Famous, and Holt's. I had one glitch with cbid. They shipped one order UPS Basic, which adds a day (for some reason my local UPS depot handed off to USPS even though I'm right In the city.). I called up their CS, and they flagged my account to use Ground instead of Basic.
Posted via Mobile Device

DonniePaul
02-05-2011, 06:34 PM
I have a strategy of finding what I want on Famous then waiting for something good to come up on Cigar Monster. Usually grabbing something from Cigar Monster will get you free shipping on your whole order.

It is a great excuse to tell my wife. "I had to buy all this stuff! It was free shipping!" :banger

RevSmoke
02-05-2011, 07:54 PM
I haven't seen Jack Schwartz mentioned here. Excellent service!

Have also done; Tex, CI, Famous, Holts, Mikes, 2Guys, and Taboo.

Just to name a few.

Funny, I've never ordered from C-Bid.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

chand
02-05-2011, 07:59 PM
I buy from the CI family (CI, cigar.com, CBid) and the Famous family (Famous, the Monster). No problems yet.

EricF
02-05-2011, 07:59 PM
I usually use CI, Famous, BCP and Cigarsatyourprice.com. Never had an issue with any of them!

TonySmith
02-05-2011, 09:19 PM
I mostly use CI or Jr. Thanks for the alternatives mentioned, I'll give them a try.

KillerCelt
02-06-2011, 12:23 AM
I predominantly use Famous. Only 1 day ship from them to me and I've never had a problem with them.

Subvet642
02-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Lew gets almost all my bisiness too. I will say that their Alts are very good buys, but even at twice the price or more the JR Ults are much, much better, and to my taste as good as many twice the price. Oh, and if you get ahold of the right bundle of Connies, you'll be hooked for life.
Besides, Lew's one hell of a nice guy. :tu

Don't hold out on me. Which one is the right bundle?

Deez
02-09-2011, 10:04 PM
I have to say bonitasmokeshop.com is the place to go. Ive found no cons. But the pros are as follows.
*They sale 5 packs of about everything,
*the cigars come in mint condition
*I ordered a 5 pack of cigars on a monday and an unexpected snow storm hit ( Note: I live in the middle of no where, a town of 200 people) and got them wednesday which was with standard shipping
*if you buy over a hundred dollar order free shipping
*And importantly Great customer service they even email you the day its arriving

I think that even those skeptic should at least try out a 5 pack of there choice. ANy way Ive went those other sites and I must say I couldnt be more pleased with bonitas

omowasu
02-09-2011, 10:26 PM
I like Smoke Inn - they have 5 B&Ms in South Florida and have competitive prices and great customer service. They also get some limited edition Pepins because of proximity to Little Havana. Join the club (free) and prices get lower.

www.smokeinn.com

Lucky_Hippo
02-10-2011, 06:00 AM
I've had good experiences with:

CI
Holts
Bonita's Smoke Shop
Cigar Monster
and
The Party Source

I've ordered most of my stuff through The Party Souce over the last year and have been very happy.

shilala
02-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Jack Schwartz, by a longshot.

BeerAdvocate
02-10-2011, 07:50 AM
cigarplace.bz, Atlantic, Cbid, and cigarsatyourprice

KidRock
02-10-2011, 07:55 AM

amsgpwarrior
02-10-2011, 08:36 AM
showmeyourash.com (habana house), and serious cigars.

I hate cigarsatyourprice, they hardly beat anybodies prices, along with cbid. You can find many more retailers that beat their prices hands down.

smokinpeace
02-10-2011, 08:45 AM
One of the many that have to remain nameless. Though I also like Holt's.

N2 GOLD
02-10-2011, 10:27 AM
I have been use JR CIGARS since the 90's & have never had any problems with them or my orders. Customer service iS GREAT they also have TONS of stuff they dont list on their web page just ASK for it by name.

Well over 10 YEARS ordering from them & the only problem I have is that I keep going back for MORE...

Starscream
02-10-2011, 10:50 AM
I only use CI (and CBid) and JR. They've always been good to me.:tu

pnoon
02-10-2011, 10:55 AM
I have been use JR CIGARS since the 90's & have never had any problems with them or my orders. Customer service iS GREAT they also have TONS of stuff they dont list on their web page just ASK for it by name.

Well over 10 YEARS ordering from them & the only problem I have is that I keep going back for MORE...
I'm not sure the rhyme or reason for the selected text you posted in bold.
Posted via Mobile Device

floydpink
02-10-2011, 11:28 AM
showmeyourash.com (habana house), and serious cigars.

I hate cigarsatyourprice, they hardly beat anybodies prices, along with cbid. You can find many more retailers that beat their prices hands down.

wow, I couldn't disagree more.

Kreth
02-10-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm not sure the rhyme or reason for the selected text you posted in bold.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's for EMPHASIS. :r
Posted via Mobile Device

mscales
02-10-2011, 11:51 AM
I have been using JR since the early 90's and I even bought from their wholesale side. They have been very helpful and I have never had a problem with customer service. I use to sell cigars ar guns shows and I placed orders weekly. I still use JR mostly but I do use Cigarbid.com and Cigars International and have used a couple others once or twice.

I will say one of the best cigars I ever had was the JR Ultimate. Damn that was a great smoke!

Krish the Fish
02-10-2011, 12:12 PM
NewHavanaCigars is great. I like CigarPlace, Famous, PhatAsh.

OHRD
02-10-2011, 12:34 PM
I use Famous alot for their www.cigarmonster.com deals, free shipping. I recently just used two places for the first time and was pleased w/ both - Atlantic (super cheap price on some Camacho Connies) and J. Shepherds out of Kentucky - they promote on Twitter (@cigarsource).

mscales
02-10-2011, 01:09 PM
I just tried Cigarmonster.com and ordered a couple crystal cigar ashtrays for $22 each and free shipping.

rizzle
02-10-2011, 03:04 PM

I've seen you post this many times so I called them a couple of months ago to ask about a box. Quoted me the exact same price as what they showed on the web.

shilala
02-10-2011, 03:11 PM
I've seen you post this many times so I called them a couple of months ago to ask about a box. Quoted me the exact same price as what they showed on the web.
Ditto. Total waste of my time on more than one occasion, and their selection and availability was of no help to me at all. :sh

Ismith75
02-10-2011, 03:52 PM
wow, I couldn't disagree more.

688sonarmen
02-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Cigarsatyourprice hands down:noon
Party source a close 2nd.

HollywoodQue
02-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Cigarbid.com
Cigar International

Cigars at your price.com

rubiconaz
02-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Cigarsatyourprice hands down:noon
Party source a close 2nd.

Without a doubt. Cigarsatyourprice has the best prices by a mile and a great selection.

Katmancross
02-11-2011, 08:45 AM

I had never heard of them so on your recommendation, I visited.
They sell EO Nekkid Bundles. Never heard of these either. I looked at some reviews and they were basically positive. And damn cheap! $28.75
Anybody smoke one of these?

chippewastud79
02-11-2011, 09:30 AM

Not always a different price on cigars than posted, but they don't advertise 'Sale' prices online. They also have to abide by minimum advertised pricing on some items. Some of us get the luxury of being able to shop the store in person and seeing the actual prices and sale prices. For my money there isn't another place I could shop to find prices as low as they offer across the board. This isn't to say that there aren't online retailers who offer lower prices on certain items, but not on all of them. :tu

kickerb
02-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Bonitasmokeshop.com I like to buy in five packs and they usually have a 5 pack for every cigarx2 they have GREAT prices imo, but if in FL you have to pay tax =(