PDA

View Full Version : Cigarsatyourprice.com?

Flynnster
02-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Hey there guys, I found a site called Cigarsatyourprice.com and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Their prices do actually seem pretty decent, especially the more you buy.

Here is a comparison on 5 Oliva G Robusto's
$15.50=$7.95 shipping total: 23.45 (Online)
22.75 w/o taxes (9.75%+13%) at Iwan Ries

So if I buy a couple more and the shipping gets spread around the savings is even larger.

Opinions?

kelmac07
02-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Great site...first class!! :tu :tu

Flynnster
02-02-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm so glad to hear that, I was worried it was too good to be true.

MiamiE
02-02-2011, 06:15 PM
I gave them a lot of money in 2010! :r

longknocker
02-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Used Them Multiple Times. Great Prices & Customer Service!:tu

Neens
02-02-2011, 06:54 PM
One thing I have noticed is they don't seem to update their stock all that often. I have been checking a few sticks 3-4 times a week for a month now and they have always been listed as out of stock.

Devanmc
02-02-2011, 06:57 PM
yeah certain things they just dont get back into stock for a LONG time but from what ive seen there prices are nearly second to none.

As greg said, their customer service is GREAT. I had a small issue with my order and tried calling at 3pm new years eve. Got right threw to a rep who was more then happy to look threw my order and figure out what had happen. Squared everything away right there on the phone. one of the best customer services experiences ive had.

jitzy
02-02-2011, 08:18 PM
As long as your not in NY you should be fine, they won't ship to NY cause they still have business interests here.

EricF
02-02-2011, 08:25 PM

Me too! Great prices and great service! :tu

emopunker2004
02-02-2011, 08:43 PM
hm i might to poke me head over there sometime.

cigarusmaximus
02-02-2011, 10:32 PM
"We no longer ship to Canada." :(

Flynnster
02-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Damn, I'm from Michigan. I hope they don't consider us the same as Canada.

(We are)

cigarusmaximus
02-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Would you trust your smokes to survive a 1 week stay in a PO box?

emopunker2004
02-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Would you trust your smokes to survive a 1 week stay in a PO box?

depends how they are shipped. when i buy from cigar.com they ship in a box with bubblestuff but then the cigars are in a zipper back with one of those lil humidipack type things

Flynnster
02-02-2011, 11:16 PM
When we package our five packs we put them in a zip lock back and place them into a box, invoice included and surround the bag with packing peanuts or any packaging material we may have. If your order is under $75 dollars and weighs less then a pound we ship it USPS, for ground shipments we use FedEx and for 2 day or 1 day we use UPS.

Direct email from cigarsatyourprice.com from a couple of days ago, in case you were wondering.

floydpink
02-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Ordered Petit Tatuajes for a great price but was told they have been backordered since last December.

I'm no computer wiz, but would at least note that before taking orders.:sh

maninblack
02-03-2011, 10:02 AM
I have dealt with them many times and love their site!! I like it alot better than cbid or cigarauctioneer.

Blueface
02-03-2011, 10:07 AM

+1

ajacobs
02-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Yep, I have been happy also. Just wish they would get a larger allocation of some of my favorite sticks.

pektel
02-03-2011, 11:44 AM
I was just playing around with the site yesterday. Neat concept. Though I prefer not to use a credit card for hobby purchases. Wish they offered either echeck or ******

Mutombo
02-03-2011, 11:57 AM
I've used them for multiple box purchases. Great site and excellent prices if you can find what you want in stock!

BigCat
02-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Question - do you need to be logged in for the site to work? I've not created an account because I've submitted several bids, some of which have been reasonable, and I am always told they are below reserve price.

MarioF
02-03-2011, 12:14 PM
I usually order 200 dollars at a time which gets you free shipping. You can get some really good deals, just start low and work your way up.

kafreeman
02-03-2011, 12:57 PM
I usually order 200 dollars at a time which gets you free shipping. You can get some really good deals, just start low and work your way up.

+1

That is the way to go.

E.J.
02-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Question - do you need to be logged in for the site to work? I've not created an account because I've submitted several bids, some of which have been reasonable, and I am always told they are below reserve price.

No and my experience is that the pricing is more than reasonable... In fact, I have worry that somehow this place will go away...

IMO, there is not better online pricing to be found on the internet. If they have what you are looking for, you'll probably get a better deal there than any retailer, save for one that you may have a relationship with that affords you discounts that others are just not getting....

BigCat
02-03-2011, 01:05 PM
No and my experience is that the pricing is more than reasonable... In fact, I have worry that somehow this place will go away...

IMO, there is not better online pricing to be found on the internet. If they have what you are looking for, you'll probably get a better deal there than any retailer, save for one that you may have a relationship with that affords you discounts that others are just not getting....

Thanks for the reply. I'll check it out again when I'm looking to make another purchase.

muhren
02-03-2011, 01:09 PM
One thing I have noticed is they don't seem to update their stock all that often. I have been checking a few sticks 3-4 times a week for a month now and they have always been listed as out of stock.

FWIW, I "ordered" some and then called and asked that I be refunded if they weren't in by X date (I needed them by a certain date). They were more than happy to oblige...by shipping me the goods before the date. GREAT service!

M

kafreeman
02-03-2011, 01:24 PM
You can call them to set up an order. They have backordered things for me before and they always come pretty quickly.

Troller98
02-03-2011, 02:05 PM
They are actually relocating at least part of their business to PA. They are in the process of opening a B&M in Warren. I stopped in a few weeks ago, even though they were not officially open yet the guy there was very friendly and let me pick up some singles from the walk-in.

Very friendly people, I have yet to use their website but I will definitely check them out in the future.

whodeeni
02-03-2011, 02:06 PM
They are actually relocating at least part of their business to PA. They are in the process of opening a B&M in Warren. I stopped in a few weeks ago, even though they were not officially open yet the guy there was very friendly and let me pick up some singles from the walk-in.

Very friendly people, I have yet to use their website but I will definitely check them out in the future.

Very smart, benefit from Tax free PA! and leave High Tax NY!:tu

Adriftpanda
02-03-2011, 02:23 PM
This site sucks... I just tried placing a bid on Padron 46th and it wouldn't allow me to buy it for $3

Hahahah

neoflex
02-03-2011, 02:43 PM
This is why I cringe every time I see threads posted about this place. In my experiences through the years places like this typically don't keep their pricing like that for too long before other vendors catch wind of some of the deals and start complaining to the manufacturer who in turns forces them to increase their pricing to be on point with everyone else and more often than not they end up being a little higher than everyone else just to be sure they are playing by the rules.:2
For what its worth all my dealings with them have been great and top notch to say the least. Just wish they weren't always popping up in threads as vendors typically read many of the cigar boards.
Perfect example is word got out at my local about Thompsons and Tampa Humidors pricing on the PDR Capa Oscuras and we all have been buying what we could since we got to try them earlier as the local was the one of 25 picked to be part of the initial release. One of the members mentioned it to the guy who reps PDR the other night and he literally called Abe right there on the spot to b*tch and moan about the pricing and how it's effecting his bottom line yada yada and that their pricing better be on point with everyone else in the near future. Keep in mind it was 9pm at this point. This is why I fear of the retailer named in the thread being talked about too much.

kafreeman
02-03-2011, 04:11 PM
This is why I cringe every time I see threads posted about this place. In my experiences through the years places like this typically don't keep their pricing like that for too long before other vendors catch wind of some of the deals and start complaining to the manufacturer who in turns forces them to increase their pricing to be on point with everyone else and more often than not they end up being a little higher than everyone else just to be sure they are playing by the rules.:2
For what its worth all my dealings with them have been great and top notch to say the least. Just wish they weren't always popping up in threads as vendors typically read many of the cigar boards.
Perfect example is word got out at my local about Thompsons and Tampa Humidors pricing on the PDR Capa Oscuras and we all have been buying what we could since we got to try them earlier as the local was the one of 25 picked to be part of the initial release. One of the members mentioned it to the guy who reps PDR the other night and he literally called Abe right there on the spot to b*tch and moan about the pricing and how it's effecting his bottom line yada yada and that their pricing better be on point with everyone else in the near future. Keep in mind it was 9pm at this point. This is why I fear of the retailer named in the thread being talked about too much.

+1

Pricing on another site was excellent, about the same as the mentioned site, but then got raised to MSRP.

I have noticed that the price on the Liga's has gone up.

ckay
02-04-2011, 10:45 PM
I hope they move. I can't buy from them being in NY.

Tyler
02-05-2011, 01:43 AM
I wish I had found this site earlier. They have some sticks I have been wanting for $50 less than the cheapest I could find, except auction websites. I would buy them but I just spent $250 on an order two days ago. Dangit.

jitzy
02-05-2011, 06:36 AM

The way they get away with that is cause they could charge what they want for the cigar they just cant advertise at the low prices so by you telling what your willing to pay they are not posting on their site the price in fact the only prices posted are the MSRP. They have also been around for a long time already cause I believe they are Nice Ash Cigars.

neoflex
02-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Hoping that's the loop hole and they don't end up like retailers who had killer pricing in the past.

jitzy
02-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Hoping that's the loop hole and they don't end up like retailers who had killer pricing in the past.

No kidding

kafreeman
02-08-2011, 09:50 AM
They have also been around for a long time already cause I believe they are Nice Ash Cigars.

Yup, they are. Nice Ash used to have wicked low prices posted on their website. I think they got in trouble with a few manufacturers because the prices jumped up one day.

76GTFan
02-08-2011, 10:13 AM
If anyone wants to know a cool secret, well maybe not a secret, PM me. I would rather not post it publicly, but its very nice!-(P

Flynnster
02-17-2011, 04:46 PM
So I placed an order with them a couple days ago, and it is still processing!!!! The orders are supposed to ship out the same day if before 3 pm. I've emailed them and I'll call them tomorrow but is this normal?