PDA

View Full Version : Crash course for wine!

WRMartinLbkTx
02-01-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm new to the entire wine thing, but I'm really looking to expand my tastes. What do you generally look for in a good wine, and if at all possible can anyone recommend me a few bottles to try?

Also has anyone tried any of the Caduceus wines? If so what did you think.

W. Ryan... -(P

SammySticks
02-03-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm not going to pretend to be a great wine expert, but I have a guy on every week that talks about beer/wine/spirits and cigar pairings. You can find him on twitter @mmWine if you use that or I'll ask him during the show this week!

warren G.
02-03-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm looking to get into wine as well. I'm normally a whisk(e)y guy. I guess if it's like getting into single malt or bourbon, you just have to drink a bunch -(P

chand
02-03-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm partial to Cycles Gladiator Merlot

http://www.cyclesgladiator.com/

pektel
02-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Frei Brothers Cabernet Sauvignon has never let me down. I don't know a whole lot about wine yet, though I do drink quite a bit of it. If on a tight budget, fetzer is my choice. All of them are under $10 per bottle. The frei brothers cab is around 22. I normally don't pay more than that for a bottle.
Posted via Mobile Device

WRMartinLbkTx
02-06-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm not going to pretend to be a great wine expert, but I have a guy on every week that talks about beer/wine/spirits and cigar pairings. You can find him on twitter @mmWine if you use that or I'll ask him during the show this week!

Appreciate it, let me know what he thinks

mosesbotbol
02-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Get book on wine, especially dedicated to Bordeaux and go from there. It's best to learn about one region or varietal at a time. A subscription (at least an online one) to Wine Spectator will help too.

jovenhut
02-06-2011, 10:42 AM
You can't go wrong with Oregon Pinot's

omgbiscuit
02-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Wine is definitely something I've always wanted to get into as well. Like cigars though, so many options!