PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here ever had . . .

cmitch
01-31-2011, 08:21 PM
A Perdomo Silvio? I found some at a B&M in Huntsville. The guy 'says' that only select shops get them and they're hard to find. I'm just not going to pull the trigger on a $20 stick unless I can get more info on these.

Ogre
01-31-2011, 08:30 PM
No help here brother, lets us know when you smoke one.

T.G
01-31-2011, 08:41 PM
A Perdomo Silvio? I found some at a B&M in Huntsville. The guy 'says' that only select shops get them and they're hard to find. I'm just not going to pull the trigger on a $20 stick unless I can get more info on these.

This one?

http://www.cigarinspector.com/images/cigar/perdomo-edicion-silvio.jpg

If so, it's called the "Edicion de Silvio", there are tons of reviews out there you can get an idea of what the cigar might be like from. Additionally, most of the big internet vendors carry the cigar too.

I've had them. They're very nice cigars but not really along the lines of the profiles that I prefer.

cmitch
01-31-2011, 08:57 PM
This one?

http://www.cigarinspector.com/images/cigar/perdomo-edicion-silvio.jpg

If so, it's called the "Edicion de Silvio", there are tons of reviews out there you can get an idea of what the cigar might be like from. Additionally, most of the big internet vendors carry the cigar too.

I've had them. They're very nice cigars but not really along the lines of the profiles that I prefer.
That's the stick. I'll take a look around and see if there are any reviews that would make me want to try it. I take it that you didn't feel it was worth the cash? Or just not your taste?

Neens
01-31-2011, 09:13 PM
I smoked a few about 4-5 years ago when I was still in college. I remember liking them but the only store around me that carried them closed to move south.

T.G
01-31-2011, 09:17 PM
That's the stick. I'll take a look around and see if there are any reviews that would make me want to try it. I take it that you didn't feel it was worth the cash? Or just not your taste?

The cigars were given to me via contest winnings on another forum IIRC, so cost wasn't a factor. In fact, I didn't know it was a $20-something cigar until after I smoked it, I knew it was Perdomo's top end cigar, but I didn't have any idea what the price was.

It was a really nicely done cigar, very well made, gorgeous looking, but just mild, maybe medium at best. Much lighter a cigar that I would typically smoke in an NC and the flavors weren't exciting me. It just simply wasn't to my tastes, so, even if it was a $2 cigar, I wouldn't buy any. It wasn't bad, I just didn't like the profile.:sh

ninjavanish
01-31-2011, 09:22 PM
The cigars were given to me via contest winnings on another forum IIRC, so cost wasn't a factor. In fact, I didn't know it was a $20-something cigar until after I smoked it, I knew it was Perdomo's top end cigar, but I didn't have any idea what the price was.

It was a really nicely done cigar, very well made, gorgeous looking, but just mild, maybe medium at best. Much lighter a cigar that I would typically smoke in an NC and the flavors weren't exciting me. It just simply wasn't to my tastes, so, even if it was a $2 cigar, I wouldn't buy any. It wasn't bad, I just didn't like the profile.:sh

This coming from an unabashedly Davidoff fiend.

Buy a Davidoff special r instead.

taltos
02-01-2011, 06:30 AM
Nice cigar but I prefer the Perdomo2 for half the price. If I were spending $20, I would look at the Padron Anniversary cigars.

shilala
02-01-2011, 06:38 AM
I've not found a Perdomo I like, Clayton. I wouldn't give it a shot at any price.
If you're a Perdomo fan, it's worth a throw.
In any event, here's a review I found. (http://www.cigarinspector.com/perdomo/perdomo-edicion-de-silvio-double-corona-natural)

Bill86
02-01-2011, 06:42 AM
$20 for a Perdomo? I'd pass.

HK3-
02-01-2011, 07:01 AM
I have a box of these that have just been sitting for what seems to be forever.

From what I understand, they were re-released recently and that's about all I know.

cmitch
02-01-2011, 08:43 AM
I've not found a Perdomo I like, Clayton. I wouldn't give it a shot at any price.
If you're a Perdomo fan, it's worth a throw.
In any event, here's a review I found. (http://www.cigarinspector.com/perdomo/perdomo-edicion-de-silvio-double-corona-natural)
Thanks for the review. It looks like a stick I might enjoy but even the reviewer balked at the price.

I have a box of these that have just been sitting for what seems to be forever.

From what I understand, they were re-released recently and that's about all I know.

The box, itself, is a conversation piece. Apparently marketed with much flair. I take it that you haven't smoked one yet.

Devanmc
02-01-2011, 08:59 AM

The shop is humidor pipe shop, the only B&M ill shop at. We talked to nick perdomo a few months ago,during an event. when robin(owner) and chuck started talking about the silvio. They sound awesome, but I'm personally not a fan of payin 20bucks for a smoke.
Posted via Mobile Device

Devanmc
02-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Hk3, that's right, these are a re-release.
Posted via Mobile Device

maninblack
02-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Never met a Perdomo I couldn't toss on the ground.

Emjaysmash
02-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the review. It looks like a stick I might enjoy but even the reviewer balked at the price.

The box, itself, is a conversation piece. Apparently marketed with much flair. I take it that you haven't smoked one yet.

My friend has a Box that was turned into a humidor. Very cool lookin!

cmitch
02-01-2011, 09:10 AM
The shop is humidor pipe shop, the only B&M ill shop at. We talked to nick perdomo a few months ago,during an event. when robin(owner) and chuck started talking about the silvio. They sound awesome, but I'm personally not a fan of payin 20bucks for a smoke.
Posted via Mobile Device
I like that shop. I will return there when I come back into town. The one in Bridgestreet is a bit pricey and had it not been for him having some RP 2009 Autumns, I wouldn't have bought anything. I guess he has to overcome that expensive rent.

Devanmc
02-01-2011, 09:39 AM
No, he is def price gouging. He has some interesting plans for the shop. I won't buy from there anymore, he has the entire acid line inside the main walk in. None of his cigars taste right.

Lmk when ur back in town. Maybe we can meet up at the shop and smoke.
Posted via Mobile Device

cmitch
02-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Will do. I should be back in about a couple of weeks. Meanwhile, try out that Chuck Wagon Barbeque on Madison Pike. He has the BEST brisket you'll ever eat.

Darrell
02-01-2011, 10:24 AM
I can't think of anything that Perdomo has ever produced that was worth anywhere near $20. :2

Devanmc
02-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Will do. I should be back in about a couple of weeks. Meanwhile, try out that Chuck Wagon Barbeque on Madison Pike. He has the BEST brisket you'll ever eat.

ill have to make alittle trip over there. They have anything good on tap to go with the meal?

cmitch
02-01-2011, 11:31 AM
ill have to make alittle trip over there. They have anything good on tap to go with the meal?
I can't say but I don't think he serves beer. But the food is worth it.

OLS
02-01-2011, 11:31 AM
I can't think of anything that Perdomo has ever produced that was worth anywhere near $20. :2Thank you my west coast brother. He had the "X" for a time that was almost great,
then he let it go to $hi+ and that was it for me...some 10 years ago, I think.
Since then, anything he has tried to convince people was good, I have just winked and laughed.
That was about the time I switched to the Dark Side full time.