PDA

View Full Version : Broken humidifier in tavidor

sparkboss
01-28-2011, 02:46 AM
The new travidor I got came with the typical plastic hockey puck sponge but the adhesive was faulty and won't stick to the top of the humidor, would any certain bonding agents have a negative effect on my cigars I'd super glue?

CoreyD
01-28-2011, 02:51 AM
The new travidor I got came with the typical plastic hockey puck sponge but the adhesive was faulty and won't stick to the top of the humidor, would any certain bonding agents have a negative effect on my cigars I'd super glue?

I'd suggest 1-2 2oz stick of HCM beads or 4oz and toss the puck
http://www.shilalabeads.com/

sparkboss
01-28-2011, 02:54 AM
Hmmm, I think I might just do that! Thanks!!

sparkboss
01-28-2011, 04:49 AM
couldn't edit so i'll just add - i've noticed with alot of the humidor prep techniques people often place a sponge on a saucer. i feel this is a stupid question, but it would be face to place this directly in the humidor without over moisturizing where i've placed it?

Bill86
01-28-2011, 05:00 AM
I don't know how big your traveldor is but a tube of heartfelt beads would suite it just fine.

aich75013
01-28-2011, 08:11 AM
I'd suggest 1-2 2oz stick of HCM beads or 4oz and toss the puck
http://www.shilalabeads.com/

I put a 2oz Shilala soft bead stick in my cigar caddy when I use it.
I've never used the built in humidifier.

sparkboss
01-28-2011, 10:16 AM
I put a 2oz Shilala soft bead stick in my cigar caddy when I use it.
I've never used the built in humidifier.

thats what i was leaning toward doing too, any difference in between the soft bead and the normal?

Brutus2600
01-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Depending on how big your traveldor is and how long you're even planning on keeping your sticks in there, you might not want any humidification. The sticks regulate themselves in smaller traveldors for short amounts of time and can actually get over humidified if you're not careful. So unless I'm planning on being gone a week or more and opening my traveldor a lot, I really don't put in any humidification devices.

shvictor
01-28-2011, 10:40 AM
I've kept mine in my 15 count cigar caddy for over a week with no humidification and didnt see a difference in my cigars.

neoflex
01-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Depending on how big your traveldor is and how long you're even planning on keeping your sticks in there, you might not want any humidification. The sticks regulate themselves in smaller traveldors for short amounts of time and can actually get over humidified if you're not careful. So unless I'm planning on being gone a week or more and opening my traveldor a lot, I really don't put in any humidification devices.

:tpd: That's my usual practice.:2

CoreyD
01-28-2011, 11:33 AM

from what I have read in his other posts I think he has a wooden traveldor which he's using as his main humidor which should then be seasoned accordingly?http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=620

NorcalMark
01-28-2011, 11:58 AM
69% boveda bag

bobarian
01-28-2011, 12:09 PM
69% boveda bag

:tpd: Beads would be a waste of money for anything less than a 100ct humidor. A Boveda pack or a water pillow(I'm sending both) will work fine. Maybe you could take a picture of the humidor, this would help.

OLS
01-28-2011, 01:16 PM
I drilled a bunch of holes in a tubo and filled it with heartfelt beads and it has to be
a little bit better than the supposed waste of money, but it'd be hard to beat the
convenience and neatness of a boveda pack in that instance.

sparkboss
01-29-2011, 12:38 PM
:tpd: Beads would be a waste of money for anything less than a 100ct humidor. A Boveda pack or a water pillow(I'm sending both) will work fine. Maybe you could take a picture of the humidor, this would help.

this is the one i got http://www.thecigarstore.com/Humidors-Travel/main4/CAO-Black-Traveler.htm