PDA

View Full Version : Not (read didn't used to be) a maduro fan!

Bageland2000
01-27-2011, 09:48 PM
Currently Smoking the first of ten (ranger_B now has two of them) Brazilia Gols that I got and all I can say is DELICIOUS! Paired with a Stella Artois and this may be the best cigar I've ever had. Smooooth woody peppery maduro goodness. Never was a huge maduro fan but I must say I've seen the light (or dark?) Complex, cool, and I'm getting a little buzz too. What a cigar! I had heard some talk that CAO Brazilias were going downhill. That is certainly not the case. Can't wait to see how these bad boys age in my humidor if they make it that far:tu:noon

Ogre
01-27-2011, 09:55 PM
They age wonderful. Its one of my favorites.

Drez
01-27-2011, 10:00 PM
They age wonderful. Its one of my favorites.

As much as I don't want to agree with Larry they are good. Haven't aged any yet but the ones I've had are great. I wanna pick up a box of GOLs to tuck away.

maninblack
01-27-2011, 11:37 PM
I love the CAO Brazilias. One of my favorite maduros and favorite CAO stick. Mac's the expert on maduros around here. Camacho triple Maddies and a. turrent triple plays are great also.

BigCat
01-28-2011, 05:01 AM
I have a tough time keeping these around long enough to age, but I traded for a couple that were a few years old and they were very good. I got another box for Christmas from my sisters, so I'm set for smoking season. I think it is a very good smoke.

kelmac07
01-28-2011, 05:27 AM
Welcome to the DARK side. :dr :dr

JJG
01-28-2011, 07:14 AM
I may be turning into a maduro convert. I smoked an AVO Heritage last night that was great. I really like these. The night before last I had an Adrian's Maduro robusto that was also excellent.

If you haven't tried an Adrian's, they're made with Costa Rican tobacco and they have a fantastic unique flavor. My local b&m finally dropped the price a few dollars on these and now I think they're pretty reasonable, ($6 instead of $8).

Bunker
01-28-2011, 07:28 AM
If you can find one try the Casa Fernandez Arsenio. You can get 10-ct boxes for less than $50

shilala
01-28-2011, 07:34 AM
If you're becoming a maduro fan, you've got lots and lots of very good, inexpensive sticks ahead of you. A lot of excruciatingly good expensive sticks, too. :tu

DaBear
01-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Just wait till you try a Hemingway Maduro, its all the regular goodness of a Hemingway wrapped in a nice creamy sweet maduro wrapper.

Ogre
01-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Just wait till you try a Hemingway Maduro, its all the regular goodness of a Hemingway wrapped in a nice creamy sweet maduro wrapper.

:dr:tu

Bageland2000
01-28-2011, 09:44 AM
:dr:tu

sounds great, Love AFs, and never had a maduro either. I love the short story as well so I'll have to get my hands on these.