PDA

View Full Version : All of Asia! any suggestions?

sparkboss
01-27-2011, 11:02 AM
does anybody have any asian cigars that they'd suggest i try out? no matter the country, i'll probably go there sooner or later! ( + Australia). also if i can get my hands on some i'd be more than happy to send some to you guys back home!

magste
01-28-2011, 01:01 AM
I purchased De Kayang petit coronas to try when in Malaysia a couple of years ago. A Malaysian puro. Not bad but not overly memorable either... Worth trying for the novelty value if you go for a visit.

Don Fernando
01-28-2011, 02:29 AM
I tried a few Indonesian cigars, like Bali Djanger and Adipati, and didn't really like them. I also had some Phillipian cigars, they were a tad bit better. Flor de Isabella and Alhambra if I remember correctly.

sparkboss
01-28-2011, 02:41 AM
Hmm we go to the Philippines quite often so maybe I'll see what I can find, I can probably stock up there too because pesos are low to our dollar:)

CoreyD
01-28-2011, 02:55 AM
I'd try them before I stock or order some sticks through a friend in the states and have him mail em out then you can smoke great sticks .

sparkboss
01-28-2011, 04:40 AM
I'd try them before I stock or order some sticks through a friend in the states and have him mail em out then you can smoke great sticks .

always wise thoughts coming from you corey!

T.G
01-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Benedic08 brought back some Alhambra (http://www.philippinesbestcigars.com/alhambra.html) and Tabacalera (http://www.philippinesbestcigars.com/tabacalera.html) cigars for some of us to try and, honestly, I was quite surprised at the cigars. For ages, I've heard nothing but bad reviews of the Philippine cigars. These were not bad at all, maybe not award winners, but definitely not the dog rocket they are often described as. Very mild though.

Noodles
01-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Hmm we go to the Philippines quite often so maybe I'll see what I can find, I can probably stock up there too because pesos are low to our dollar:)

The Don Juan Urquijo is actually pretty nice. On the mild side but very complex. The corona sells for 3000 pesos ($68) for a box of 25.

CoreyD
01-28-2011, 11:18 AM
always wise thoughts coming from you corey!
if you don't have a freind to buy sticks at a B$M some companies have discounted shipping for military APO<i think its called>

benedic08
01-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Yep... I have Alhambra Coronas Largas in stock and some Don Juan Urquijo Torpedoes. If anyone wants to try them shoot me a pm i'll send you some. Im out of tabacaleras though. Im going home for the summer and gonna stock up some tabacaleras so if anyone wants to try tabacaleras shoot me a pm after summer. :D

sparkboss
01-29-2011, 12:28 PM
if you don't have a freind to buy sticks at a B$M some companies have discounted shipping for military APO<i think its called>

i got some cigars from cigarstoreonline and had them sent with priority mail for minimal weather / handling damage - i'll surf a bit to see if i can find another online store that could ship quick for cheaper maybe!

T.G
01-29-2011, 01:08 PM
i got some cigars from cigarstoreonline and had them sent with priority mail for minimal weather / handling damage - i'll surf a bit to see if i can find another online store that could ship quick for cheaper maybe!

Cigars International, Cigar.com, Famous Smoke, Holts, Atlantic, BestCigarPrices, JR cigars, just to name a few, all ship to APO/FPOs AFAIK. And there are many others that will too.