PDA

View Full Version : Obnoxious Post #1: the BUZZ & the Bees

mrreindeer
11-14-2008, 12:44 PM
This post is a review/question/a little bit of a poll Hybrid (that gets about 40 mpg). May the Force Be With You. Always.

Disclaimer (which shall hereon be posted on any and all of my threads so as not to confuse the reader and force them to call me or my post obnoxious if I'm not already on said reader's Ignore List - sorry, I just couldn't resist): This post may be confusing; it may wander to & fro and eventually never get to its point; this post may be entertaining, it may not, it most certainly will not cook you dinner. This post may require batteries, oil, air, other miscellaneous ingredients and artificial flavors which you most certainly won't have in your cupboard and yeast (if you want this post to rise). One 6 ounce serving of this post will provide you with 2 grams of fiber, 1 gram of fat, 260 calories, 100% of your Daily Values of Vitamins A, B & F U; it also contains Red#5 yet Phenylketonurics! it does not contain Phenylalanine.

This post will have a 'Short Version' at the bottom for those of you who just want me to get to the damn point and not beat around the bush.

Okeeeee so....for those of you who can read, er, like to read...

The other night I was havin' a nice online chat with my new buddy & Defender of the Universe (which means, Defender of me, ha!), Cigary, and I had to go because the sunset was just incredible and I became teary-eyed because sunsets always reminded me of something..... (inside joke for me...the origins of which came from that fine cult flic 'Dr. Caligari' not to be confused with the fine German flic 'The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari').

So the wife was at work and I was left waiting for the bacon so I thought nothing would be better than a smoke out on my balcony to contemplate the current state of the economy and perhaps what to do about the damn skunks that keep f'in up my lawn.

As some of you know, I've had a slight problem lately with Boogergars and beetles (not even George & Ringo) and lions & tigers & bears, oh my, so I had recently recovered a small tupperdor from the deep freeze and had it sitting back in the Vino. Even though I've been on the receving end of a few very generous brothers on here, I felt it necessary to choke on one of the post-freezer Beetlegars, get them out of the way, and move on to the Bombergars.

So, I apprehensively reached into the Tupperdor where a week before I had run screaming seeing a scurrying beetle (joke - then no joke) and retrieved a previously frozen La Flor Domicana Reserva Especial El Jocko Perfecto . This was a great mini cigar one the likes of which I had never had before (small 4 1/2 x 32/54, strange yet alluring shape). Great, medium brown wrapper; gosh it sure was cute.

The cigar cut easily and had a nice prelight taste (and no remnants of beetles, at least that I could see). If you know my reviews, I can't taste flavors for anything. I just know if I liked it or not. Draw seemed good so I lit up.

The small size led to an easy light and in no time I was really quite enjoying my mini cigar. But then it started getting cold. I'm in L.A. and man, the weather sure is strange and switched from nights in the high '60's to freezing high '50's in no time. I was cold. So eventually, after 45 minutes, I found myself taking a draw, exhaling/snorkeling and stepping back into my office where I could continue posting on CS. I'm addicted, well, to both cigars & CS.

I still found myself enjoying the cigar even though I was forced to neglect it due to the awfully cold Southern California weather. And it was windy too. So I had to touch it up a bit and relight it a couple times but I do think that was completely my fault. And throughout the cigar, I was pretty impressed that the deep freezed didn't really affect the taste in a bad way.

I pretty much nubbed this little feller regardless and overall, I liked it. I'd likely buy another. I'd even stand outside to smoke it in the cold again.

So here's the interesting part. I honestly think I got my first buzz! Woohoo! Okay, alright. So I had heard over and over again about the buzz of a cigar and this brother & that boasting of the great high they had gotten (bastages, all of 'em) and here I was like that kid trying to get his eyes to go out of focus to see the 3-D image (which I still can't freakin' see) and not 'getting it'.

Now, I've never done drugs, only started drinking when I was 24 and God damn it, I wanted to get a good buzz off a cigar. And it happened and I never saw the stars align. On top of all that, I had nobody to act stupid around because my wife was at work....(and so here I am....)

But I enjoyed it. I think it's possibly because I hadn't had a very large dinner.

If getting buzzed on a cigar is like a light-headed feeling and mild giddiness (wait, am I buzzed right now?), then it definitely happened. No, really.

And I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of the cigar or me dancing around like a schoolgirl but I recently broke my damn camera (Halloween party....long story...did you see the pictures?).

The short version:

So is that what it's like?

Do you get it more times than not?

Does eating something affect your ability to get a buzz or not?

Why does it happen sometimes & not every time?

Do you enjoy it?

What's your 'first buzz' story? Or best 'buzz story'?

You made it to to the end! Thanks for reading.

Cigary
11-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Hey,,they just finished the hem on my new cape but the damn thing is so long I keep tripping over it when I try to launch myself into a new post. I'm not crazy about the color,,,( salmon ) makes my a$$ look fat.

Anyway, as far as getting a buzz off a cigar I can honestly say that I have had a few esp. the one I got from some guy in Jamaica who told me that I would love this brand but there wasn't a band on it,,,,go figger. Honestly, I have in the past experienced some cigars that gave me a " high" type of feeling that wasn't really intense as much as it was really comfortable and for awhile that was the only cigar I would smoke for about a month. Haven't experienced this in quite some time so I just attributed that to a "lucky" hit. I heard from some guy years back that sometimes the rollers would put a "special leaf " in a cigar just to mess with the person who would smoke it but that is probably an urban legend.

I smoke on a full stomach, empty stomach, with no booze, with booze and I really don't see any difference as I usually always smoke full bodied cigars.

La Flor Domicana Reserva Especial El Jocko Perfecto is considered a mild smoke so maybe you got an " urban legend " smoke,,,,hah hah hah

Good post as usual here mrreindeer and I will forward this to my buddy who enjoys the long versions,,,,,,NOT! lol

ucla695
11-14-2008, 05:12 PM
David, the main thing I want to know is:

How much coffee did you have before posting this? :ss
Is this post allergin free? I only care about gluten and soy. :ss
Were any boogers or beetles harmed during the smoking of your cigar? :ss

Seriously, the buzz. I can't really recall getting a buzz from a cigar recently. I smoke them primarily for the taste and for the sense of relaxation (body, soul, mind). I generally like to have something in my stomach before I touch any cigar because they tend to hit me harder on an empty stomach.

As far as why you might get hit harder sometimes, it could have to do with many factors...what you have in your stomach, what type of cigar you're smoking, how tired you are, etc....

My first buzz story happened back in undergrad. I was clerking at my Mom's law firm for the summer and there was a paralegal who loved cigars. On his last day, the firm gave him a box of some locally rolled sticks as a going away present. After a lengthy discussion about cigars (I had never had one), he gifted me two - so I could smoke one with a buddy. Well, later that night my body had it's first infusion of nicotine. My buddy and I power smoked those things. We had no idea that they should be smoked slowly and not dragged like a cigarette. Well, mid way thru, I started to feel 'good.' Then 'good' led to 'buzzed,' which led to 'I'm feeling kind of funky.' I quickly tossed the cigar and headed home. I spent the next hour and a half on the couch trying to stop the spins. That was my last cigar.

Until I learned how to smoke. :ss

poker
11-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Might want to proofread & edit before you copy and paste a post from CS

gonzo
11-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Been wondering about that....

Is it against any "rule" for those that still post and/or read other forums to double post?

Is it okay as long as the other forum(s) aren't mentioned?

Stomp'N'Rock,

Joseph

poker
11-14-2008, 06:22 PM
Its fine, but I was reading it and obviously it was typed for CS & copied here. Many folks are members of both. Just pointing out David's goof.

I found myself taking a draw, exhaling/snorkeling and stepping back into my office where I could continue posting on CS. I'm addicted, well, to both cigars & CS.

gonzo
11-14-2008, 06:26 PM
No problem, I was just curious how it will be recieved as it is certain to happen...

I must say, the response to both of Davids' posts were much more civil here than elsewhere...not trying to bash anyone else, just commending those here at the asylum for being a great group...

I for one enjoy David's enthusiasm and attempts at entertaining us all!

Stomp'N'Rock,

Joseph

Scottw
11-14-2008, 06:30 PM
No problem, I was just curious how it will be recieved as it is certain to happen...

I must say, the response to both of Davids' posts were much more civil here than elsewhere...not trying to bash anyone else, just commending those here at the asylum for being a great group...

Stomp'N'Rock,

Joseph

I do too, David is a crazy bastage but a great BOTL!!!

mrreindeer
11-18-2008, 12:44 PM
I can't believe I didn't come back to this thread, my apologies. I just noticed I hadn't responded.

Might want to proofread & edit before you copy and paste a post from CS

Oh SH!T, my bad! Man, Kelly, I thought I did but you're right, I totally missed that sentence. I definitely don't want you guys to think that I'm not writing for both CS & CA. I did post there first this time (I do switch it up). I mean well! Hey....haven't you heard the slang term for Cigar Asylum is Cigar 'Sylum? So really, CS could stand for both? :bh

Its fine, but I was reading it and obviously it was typed for CS & copied here. Many folks are members of both. Just pointing out David's goof.

Thanks Joseph! :tu

I guess I should have included an additional disclaimer...:D The reason I post to both sites is because I'm really typing for both even though I may copy off one to post on another. I want to share with all my friends my experiences, help make my contribution to both sites that I pull so much information and entertainment from. I have some friends who are strictly on CS and I have some friends who are strictly on CA. And well, I'd like to share with all of 'em (and maybe save myself a little time in the process - but I am usually really good about catching errors in my writing...what's an English degree for anyway?). I hope none who read this were annoyed by the double-post or CS mention and I apologize wholeheartedly if I upset anyone.

I do too, David is a crazy bastage but a great BOTL!!!

Thanks Scott! :tu

Cigary
11-18-2008, 07:31 PM
I agree with Scottw,,,David is a good man and I enjoy his stories,,one of the reasons I enjoy the forums is because of his humorous slants on life. I am on several boards and people double, triple and quadruple post and they do it for reasons to either inform or to entertain. I have double posted before because I wanted to get a different take on the info I posted. The beauty of the 'mouse' is you can click on something you think you like or keep looking for subject matter that is relevant to what you want to read.

mrreindeer
11-20-2008, 09:40 AM
Thanks Gary! :tu

One thing though; need you really quintuple post the thread entitled: "Best Cigar While on the Pot"? It was painful enough reading it once, thanks to your very colorful description of every aspect during the smoke, but five times Gary? Really, spare us.

:D:D:D:D

Cigary
11-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks Gary! :tu

One thing though; need you really quintuple post the thread entitled: "Best Cigar While on the Pot"? It was painful enough reading it once, thanks to your very colorful description of every aspect during the smoke, but five times Gary? Really, spare us.

:D:D:D:D

God love ya,,,,I had to do it for obvious reason,,,I'm lonely and constipated and you have no idea what these medicines do to ones "infrastructure" and therefore I must post hard and post often. Be glad I didn't post photos only because I was unable to get to the camera quick enough when mother nature was screaming at me. She never calls as much as she just whispers in my ear,,," You have 30 seconds to find a hole or else ",,,,,,,trust me, I listen to her.:dance:

Skywalker
11-20-2008, 01:01 PM
I got a BUZZ just reading this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: