½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
5 dashes of tabasco sauce
½ tsp crushed red pepper
½ cup olive oil
2 tbsp itialian seasoning
3 tbsp of garlic poweder or 1 bulb of fresh garlic pressed
4 tbsp of grated parmasian cheese

in a large bowl add green pepper, yellow pepper, red pepper, itialian seasoning, onions, crushed red pepper, salt and black pepper.
Add oil and garlic and mix well. Set aside
in a roasting pan lightly grease add sausage. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, turn sausage over and bake for 30 minutes longer.
Turn over sausage and add pepper mixture. Bake for another 10 minutes. Turn sausage over and bake for 10 minutes longer.add parmasain cheese by sprinkling on top and add tabasco sauce. Turn off oven and allow to cool in oven for 15 minutes.
When serving you can cut sausage into 2 inch pieces or leave whole

kayaker
11-17-2008, 07:18 PM
wow. that sounds really good. going to have to give that one a try for sure.:tu

ucla695
11-17-2008, 07:25 PM
That sounds good. :dr

macpappy
11-17-2008, 07:44 PM
To be honest, I haven't had a good Italian Sausage and Peppers since we left New York City in 1989. I was stationed on Governors Island and right across the street from the ferry terminal was this one street vendors who made the best sausage and peppers.

houdini
11-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Thats how I make it but I also add fresh Italian Basil leaves. (whole) :tu

BlackDog
11-18-2008, 06:02 AM
Mine is similar, minus the crushed pepper and tabasco, and I add a can of diced italian tomatos.

Squid
11-18-2008, 11:01 AM
This may be dinner tonight!! Ironically, I just picked up a good portion of the ingredients last evening at the store. Been in the mood for Italian Sausage lately......this should be good.

Ron1YY
11-18-2008, 01:59 PM
This may be dinner tonight!! Ironically, I just picked up a good portion of the ingredients last evening at the store. Been in the mood for Italian Sausage lately......this should be good.

I hope you enjoy it. I sometimes subst. the tabascco with red pepper flake, But I tend to like things on the hot side.

Squid
11-18-2008, 07:30 PM
I hope you enjoy it. I sometimes subst. the tabascco with red pepper flake, But I tend to like things on the hot side.

Dinner was awesome, tonight. Had the taste for this the last couple days and fixed it this evening. In fact, my wife just told me, "I don't know if I was just starving tonight, but, dinner was great!" Now THAT is an accomplishment.

I didn't use the pepper flakes, but definitely used the tabasco.

Excellent.....glad to this came up. Otherwise, even though I had bought the peppers, onions, etc., I probably would taken the easy way out tonight and just grilled the sausages and put them in a bun. This was much better.

kayaker
11-18-2008, 07:49 PM
I tried a stovetop version of this with some of the sausage I made this weekend.

It worked out quite well.

Can't wait to try it in the oven with Hot Italian sausage.