PDA

View Full Version : cigar chewing???

Eli18
01-15-2011, 11:52 PM
i saw a guy at the gun show the other day chewing a cigar inside not lit or anything and was wondering why do some people chew there cigars is this just a preference or something different i am still fairly new to cigars.

akumushi
01-16-2011, 12:28 AM
My grandfather chomps a good stogie for days afterward while he's working in the yard. So yes it is done. I can't say that I recommend it though. Even the thought makes me nauseous. Of course, if you chew dip it probably isn't a whole lot different.

icehog3
01-16-2011, 12:31 AM
I once saw a racoon chew his entire arm off to get out of a trap.

E.J.
01-16-2011, 12:37 AM

When I was a young pup, we use to trap muskrat. $7 a pelt.... Had to be careful where you placed the trap or you'd come back to just a muskrat arm....

For the record, muskrat arm was work $.00

icehog3
01-16-2011, 12:44 AM
Muskrat Suzie, Muskrat Sam
Do the jitterbug at a Muskrat Land
And they shimmy, Sam is so skinny

And they whirl and they twirl and they tango
Singin' and jinglin' a jangle
Float like the heavens above
Looks like Muskrat Love

papajohn67
01-16-2011, 01:14 AM
Use to chew and chomp on machine mades while walking point in Vietnam...:sh

benedic08
01-16-2011, 01:50 AM
Our former President in the Philippines Fidel Ramos used to smoke cigars. After he stopped smoking, up to now he always has a cigar and sniffs and chomps on it all day...

massphatness
01-16-2011, 05:57 AM
Use to chew and chomp on machine mades while walking point in Vietnam...:sh

Yes, but was it any good?

G G
01-16-2011, 05:59 AM
I have a great uncle who has chewed cigars for as long as I can remember. Tampa Nuggets I think, have never saw him light one.

Dunkel
01-16-2011, 06:18 AM
For the record, muskrat arm was work $.00

Maybe so but I've heard they are tasty. LOL

e-man67
01-16-2011, 06:25 AM
I know a guy who eats Macanudo golds...no joke..it is disgusting.

brigey57
01-16-2011, 06:29 AM
Thanks, that's an image I won't get out of my head anytime soon. :sl

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/image.php?u=3&type=sigpic&dateline=1223703351Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank and Týr. :)

Admiral Douche Bag. :salute:

Chicago Blackhawks 2010 Stanley Cup Champs :wnr

joeobx
01-16-2011, 07:07 AM
There was a guy that worked with my dad that would smoke down to about 2 inch's, cut off the charred part and then chew the rest like a big wad of Red Man.

papajohn67
01-16-2011, 10:49 AM
Yes, but was it any good?

As I recall by having the stomach of a 18-19 year old they were very doable. Of course had I been smoking instead of chewing that would have been tantamount to sending out an engraved invitation, i.e. here I come. :D

mpd340
01-16-2011, 01:21 PM
I would think it would be cheaper to just buy a can of snuff than to chomp on my good sticks.

GHC_Hambone
01-16-2011, 05:17 PM
There was a guy that worked with my dad that would smoke down to about 2 inch's, cut off the charred part and then chew the rest like a big wad of Red Man.
:pu

guitar4001
01-16-2011, 05:34 PM
I had a boss that chewed big cigars, 8 1/2 by 54...Special Jamaicans. He literally ate the whole thing, occassionally spitting out little pieces of tobacco. It was not a pleasant sight, but he really enjoyed it.

Bill86
01-16-2011, 05:56 PM
I know a guy who eats Macanudo golds...no joke..it is disgusting.

Wait what is the disgusting part? That they are Macanudos or that he is eating them?

:hm

Pat1075
01-16-2011, 06:01 PM
I hear about this fairly regularly one of my customers buys mild bundles to chew the other one buys high end LFD's only to chew never to smoke.

mariogolbee
01-16-2011, 06:02 PM
I once saw a guy eat a whole pack of Marlboro Reds when I was a teen. He didn't feel too good afterward. Then again, we were pretty drunk, so maybe it was the booze that made him sick.

Kreth
01-16-2011, 06:15 PM
Quite often on the golf course, if I finish up a smoke too late in the round to light up another, I'll chomp on the nub for the last couple of holes.
Posted via Mobile Device

hotreds
01-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Now you're talking about potentially real deletirious effects on your health. Remember that smoking a cigar without inhaling or chewing thereupon is actually fairly safe, but the bad news happens if you chew/hold it in your mouth- and - natch- inhale. So, if you want to try and keep as safe as possible while smoking cigars, not inhaling, and only having the cigar in your mouth briefly while you draw on it is the way to go.

Having said that, I worked with a guy in the early 1980s that ALWAYS had a cigar in his mouth, usually unlit, and usually disgustingly sloppy wet. And, I remembnr a fellow that used to roll up tobacco leaves and chew them- right off the stalk.

SvilleKid
01-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Growing up, my best friend's dad always chewed cigars. He would go thru 3-4 a day, minimum. and NEVER spit! After many years of this, my father got him started on chew. Claude would buy boxes of King B (I think that was the name) rope chewing tobacco by the case, and go thru that stuff like candy! and yes, he never spit the juices from that either!

CigarNut
01-16-2011, 07:55 PM
One of the guys I herf with at the Shilo chews his cigars while he smokes them. I think this is one of the reasons that he goes for really large ring gauges. Usually he is only able to smoke them half way before he has to toss them.

Ismith75
01-17-2011, 05:35 PM
I chew on a cigar on the train or during class on occasion

shilala
01-17-2011, 08:43 PM
I chew on them when I'm smoking them. It's hard not to, but sometimes I don't.

TheCigarNut
01-17-2011, 09:12 PM
I will catch myself chewing on a good cigar near the end or on a petite corona or something smaller - usually when unlit. My father would chew on his cigars too but like me (or me like him haha) unlit and while working in the garage or yard.

shilala
01-18-2011, 07:34 AM
Usually he is only able to smoke them half way before he has to toss them.
There's the kicker, right there. It's why I've tried to stop chewing and slobbering my cigars. If the cigar is really good, it's a bummer when it goes out when I've only smoked half or two thirds of it.
Another reason is that no one in their right mind wants to share with me, and that's a bummer when I want someone to try the cigar I'm smoking.

mosesbotbol
01-18-2011, 07:51 AM
When I think of cigar chewing, it's physical and mental tobacco addiction than a hobby or passion.

sparkboss
01-22-2011, 01:00 AM
i've only seen this on one occasion and it was in a classic movie "bruce lee fights back from the grave". a curious man in a trench coat had always tossed away his expended cigars with a large indent in the head from chomping on it - me being the curious neeb i am thought i'd like to try it, but i'm too afraid of damaging the cigar and it falling apart on me

hotreds
01-22-2011, 08:24 AM
The other point is that to me, "chewing" is what you do to gum, I can't imagine a cigar surviving my chewing it!

icehog3
01-22-2011, 10:33 AM
i've only seen this on one occasion and it was in a classic movie "bruce lee fights back from the grave". a curious man in a trench coat had always tossed away his expended cigars with a large indent in the head from chomping on it - me being the curious neeb i am thought i'd like to try it, but i'm too afraid of damaging the cigar and it falling apart on me

A lightning bolt strikes the grave of Bruce Lee. However, that is as much as Bruce Lee has to do with it. Then a kung fu instructor starts a quest to avenge a friend's death, and on the way has a romance with a girl with similar problems. He eventually finds the bad guys behind it all, and has several fights with them...

Sounds classic! :D

Chemyst
01-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Every once in a while I'd run into an old-timer that chewed his
cigar, usually after it went out, rather than relight it.

Now I am an old-timer, and I make sure they don't go out.

Sometimes I'll clamp down on a yard 'gar, when I have to use
two hands. After several clamps, it might appear to be chewed.
But good cigars never get a chance to go out.

Chemyst :cool2: