PDA

View Full Version : is there even a such thing as a good machine made cigar

Eli18
01-15-2011, 02:25 PM
i tried a machine made yesterday(mainly because it was free it was a swisher sweet perfecto) it was horrible i haven't touched a machine made since i picked up hand made's. was wondering if you were low on cash or handmade was unaccessible if there was a tolerable smoke out there.

Bill86
01-15-2011, 02:47 PM
You would have to be pretty low on cash. There are many quality $2.50-$3 handmades that can be had.

loki
01-15-2011, 02:53 PM
i'm going to assume that you're looking for actual info here and not just trolling...though based on the 3 threads i've seen from you i'm starting to wonder...

there are several machine made that I like, the ryj and punch cigarlios are good, the los statos delux are quality cigars also. there are more i'm forgetting but i don't really care to look through my humidor and find them

whodeeni
01-15-2011, 07:46 PM
IMO Marsh Wheelings are pretty good... (especially for the money)
They're american made Panatela's! 50.00/bx (for 50 i believe)

Cattani
01-15-2011, 07:49 PM
no

VirtualSmitty
01-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Maybe from Cuba. Though I do recall some people on the old forum holding the grape swisher sweets in high regard.

Superbad
01-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Once again, I like some CC MM cigars, but it seems all you do is complain. Try the NST and open your horizons.

massphatness
01-15-2011, 08:29 PM
I like some CC MM cigars

:tpd:

shvictor
01-15-2011, 08:30 PM

T.G
01-15-2011, 08:37 PM
For non-Cuban, John Hay (http://www.johnhaycigars.com/) Statesman series are the only ones currently in production which I can think of that I would smoke.

They are US grown tobacco; no chemicals, homogenized tobacco or scraps. Not really all that complex, but a good full bodied cigar for the coin. If you like the CAO America, they are very compatible in flavors. Famous used to have them for $80 for a box of 50, I haven't checked recently on their prices.

From their website:

---BEGIN
The Statesman Series...

These John Hay Cigars are still being rolled—one at a time—on century old, hand-fed machines. This cigar is made with all natural tobacco, using a Lancaster County, Pennsylvania Broadleaf wrapper, Pennsylvania binder and a medium-filler blend from Connecticut, Maryland and Pennsylvania—no homogenized products, short fillers or scraps are ever used. This all-American cigar is offered in boxes of 50 and 5 pack sampler boxes as well as humidors.
---END

Ages ago, Dunhill produced some machine made dry cured cigar called "Grand Coronas", 5 cigars to a cardboard box. About 5-6 years ago, Cbid blew out the remainder of the stock for dirt cheap - like $15-19 for five 5 packs. I remember them as being quite tasty, but mild and not very complex.

BryanB
01-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Villager Exports aren't bad. The dutch Dunhills were good. Not sure if they are in production anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device

Eli18
01-15-2011, 11:16 PM
i know that a good cheap hand made is the tobaco biaz from don pepin

CoreyD
01-16-2011, 01:55 AM
A Collegue at work is from Puerto Rico and a company that has done handmades for themselves and other companies just layed off lots of workers and went to machine made cigars of the same blends they had some great hand mades from what I read now what they taste like machine made?

Stephen
01-16-2011, 05:30 AM
Maybe from Cuba. Though I do recall some people on the old forum holding the grape swisher sweets in high regard.
I have a buddy that all he smokes are wine flavored Black & Milds. :pu

newcigarz
01-16-2011, 05:49 AM

:tu

JJG
01-16-2011, 10:25 AM
best I've had was a box of aged Los Statos Deluxe, which are still available but getting harder to come by. I only wish I hadn't gone through them all.

Lately I've been buying Davidoff Demitasse cigarillos which are pretty darn tasty. I'm not sure if they are machine made or not but most cigar shops carry them and 10 packs are around $15.

jesseboston81
01-16-2011, 10:48 AM
10 packs are around $15.

Of course smoke what you like and like what you smoke, but if money is the sole concern, you can find decent hand-rolleds for around this price--just watch any of the auction sites, which often have 5-packs for about $10. Not directing this at Jeff personally, just responding to Eli's comment about smoking machine-mades if you are low on cash.

JJG
01-16-2011, 11:29 AM
yeah, I guess I should have read the OP more carefully. If you're only looking into to machine mades for cash savings, there are plenty of budget handmades that can be found for around the same price as the MM cigars I mentioned.

I personally like to keep a handful of MMs around, not just because they're cheap, but sometimes you just want a quick smoke. Those LSDs were perfect for taking the dog around the block.

JDTexan
01-16-2011, 11:57 AM
CC Mille Fleurs, some like aged RAs are outstanding.

markem
01-16-2011, 11:59 AM
CC Mille Fleurs

If you mean that the RyJ MFs are MM, they no longer are. Switched to HM in 2002. Same story for Party MFs.

mpd340
01-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Ive yeat to find a machine made thats worthy. But i guess in a pinch i would go with a Black & Mild. Those little plastic tips are cool. :banger

Tredegar
01-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Villager Exports are a serviceable machine made cigar.

guitar4001
01-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Villager Exports aren't bad. The dutch Dunhills were good. Not sure if they are in production anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bryan,

do you still sell the macombo? they were not too terrible.

Thammy
01-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Most machine made cigars make me kind of sick. Of course, I am referring to the kind you get in gas stations. That being said, I will not slam them too much. They did get me into pipe and cigar smoking, and I have many fond memories associated with them. Prime time cigarillos weren't bad, the best of the bunch me thinks.

shvictor
01-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I've always wondered about the Villager's

Whipper Snapper
01-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Phillies strawberry.

T.G
01-16-2011, 10:46 PM
Phillies strawberry.

White Owl Pineapple Tubos FTW.

My review of the cigar:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21847

weak_link
01-16-2011, 11:53 PM
For non-Cuban, John Hay (http://www.johnhaycigars.com/) Statesman series are the only ones currently in production which I can think of that I would smoke.

They are US grown tobacco; no chemicals, homogenized tobacco or scraps. Not really all that complex, but a good full bodied cigar for the coin. If you like the CAO America, they are very compatible in flavors. Famous used to have them for $80 for a box of 50, I haven't checked recently on their prices.

From their website:

---BEGIN
The Statesman Series...

These John Hay Cigars are still being rolled—one at a time—on century old, hand-fed machines. This cigar is made with all natural tobacco, using a Lancaster County, Pennsylvania Broadleaf wrapper, Pennsylvania binder and a medium-filler blend from Connecticut, Maryland and Pennsylvania—no homogenized products, short fillers or scraps are ever used. This all-American cigar is offered in boxes of 50 and 5 pack sampler boxes as well as humidors.
---END

Ages ago, Dunhill produced some machine made dry cured cigar called "Grand Coronas", 5 cigars to a cardboard box. About 5-6 years ago, Cbid blew out the remainder of the stock for dirt cheap - like $15-19 for five 5 packs. I remember them as being quite tasty, but mild and not very complex.

Or you could buy the J Fuego Origins here (http://www.bestcigarprices.com/cigar-directory/j-fuego/j-fuego-origen-originals-cigar/502-24406.htm) and be even happier.