PDA

View Full Version : Dupont ligne2 question

Pat1075
01-11-2011, 05:48 PM
So the girlfriend gave me a ligne 2 for christmas. I absolutely love it. I do have a question for you guys though. This is the double burner model and I am finding that I am getting about 3-4 cigars to the charge is this right?

staminator
01-11-2011, 06:14 PM
It seems like you should get more per charge than that. I have an x-tend and certainly get more than that. One thing I have heard with the Dupont's is that if you use their own branded fuel that they last longer. What fuel are you using?

Pat1075
01-11-2011, 06:58 PM
dupont gold cartridges just like I am supposed to.

Volusianator
01-11-2011, 07:03 PM
So the girlfriend gave me a ligne 2 for christmas. I absolutely love it. I do have a question for you guys though. This is the double burner model and I am finding that I am getting about 3-4 cigars to the charge is this right?

Well first of all don't complain, you got a free Dupont!

1) Are you toasting the foot with the same lighter?
2) Do you feel that maybe the flame is set real high?
3) (humor me), it's a new Dupont, are you lighting it just to do it?

Pat1075
01-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Well first of all don't complain, you got a free Dupont!

1) Are you toasting the foot with the same lighter?
2) Do you feel that maybe the flame is set real high?
3) (humor me), it's a new Dupont, are you lighting it just to do it?

truly no complaints all smiles here :). just questions from her and me both. She thinks it must be broken when she saw me filling it all the time. I just thought it had a high fuel consumption and didn't question it. As to your questions
1)yes gently
2) no about an inch
3) not after the first three cartridges

larryinlc
01-11-2011, 08:47 PM
This seems to be too short between fills. I can't recall, but does the Ligne 2 have a screw in gas filler? The reason I ask, if it does, then you'll know if not all the fuel is in the lighter with these one use tubes. It will hiss and make a fuss if it's not completely drained. From my experience with Dupont, they can be fussy fillers. Do you completely bleed the lighter before filling? This helps. Also, try putting the lighter in the freezer for a minute or two before filling. The gas sucks right in when you do this.

Larry

Volusianator
01-11-2011, 08:50 PM
3) not after the first three cartridges

ROFLMAO, that reminds me of me after I got new pipes on the motorcycle, for some reason, my MPG drastically went down!

justonemorestick
01-11-2011, 08:58 PM
The mileage didnt go down it just went by faster.

Volusianator
01-11-2011, 09:09 PM
The mileage didnt go down it just went by faster.

Truly...it was both!:banger Hell, had those pipes on for 4 years now and still blap the crap outta that throttle!

justonemorestick
01-12-2011, 12:27 AM
Gotta love loud pipes Wakes up the woman putting on makup while driving most of the time and scares the children all the time.

Pat1075
01-13-2011, 11:07 PM
This seems to be too short between fills. I can't recall, but does the Ligne 2 have a screw in gas filler? The reason I ask, if it does, then you'll know if not all the fuel is in the lighter with these one use tubes. It will hiss and make a fuss if it's not completely drained. From my experience with Dupont, they can be fussy fillers. Do you completely bleed the lighter before filling? This helps. Also, try putting the lighter in the freezer for a minute or two before filling. The gas sucks right in when you do this.

Larry

yes it does have the screw in and I do completely bleed it. But I will try the freezer thing next time. thank you.

wayner123
01-14-2011, 05:21 AM
Are you leaving open the cap after lighting or before? From my experience once that cap is open the fuel is leaking.