PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a specific cigar....

v00d3W
01-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Hi!
I had the pleasure of smoking a fantastic OpusX a few weeks ago. To my dismay, I found that a box of them was going to cost $750 - $1500 or about $30 per stick, and thats a bit out of my price range...
A friend, however, told me of a similar cigar thats only available once a year for about $12 a stick..its called a Fuente Anejo Reserva Xtra Viejo. The only difference is the wrapper. I haven't been able to find anywhere to order them online yet, if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know, Thanks!!

quantim0
01-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Opus X msrp are typically not more then $15 ea. You are just finding online shops that overcharge based on the high demand. Many shops sell them for msrp, just not online.

bobarian
01-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Call Tampasweethearts and ask for their Opus list. They are the Fuente factory store. http://tampasweethearts.com/

Ogre
01-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Call Tampasweethearts and ask for their Opus list. They are the Fuente factory store. http://tampasweethearts.com/

:tpd: been there many a time

T.G
01-10-2011, 07:30 PM
$30/stick for an Opus X is way over MSRP for all the regular production vitolas, more than double the MSRP in some cases. Special vitolas like the BBMF, Chili Pepper, Scorpion, etc... would be close to $30 or more a stick at MSRP.

They all can be found at MSRP if you look hard enough and really aren't that hard to get once you develop some relationships with B&Ms that carry them at MSRP.

Do you know what vitola it was that you smoked?

The Anejo is the other cigar you are referring to. Simply search on "Fuente Anejo". There is some debate and conflicting stories if the cigar is actually the exact same filler and binder blend as the Opus or just similar, regardless, the profile & flavor is totally different than an Opus X due to the Connecticut broadleaf maduro wrapper (and whatever else might possibly be different). MSRP is a bit lower on the Anejos.

Both the Opus X and the Anejo cigars are typically released 2-3 times a year.

And, yeah, call Tampa Sweethearts. You could also try Mark at Tower Pipe and Cigar (www.towercigars.com) last time I was in there, he had a few boxes left and he sells at MSRP.

Matt-N-Ga
01-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Hi!
I had the pleasure of smoking a fantastic OpusX a few weeks ago. To my dismay, I found that a box of them was going to cost $750 - $1500 or about $30 per stick, and thats a bit out of my price range...
A friend, however, told me of a similar cigar thats only available once a year for about $12 a stick..its called a Fuente Anejo Reserva Xtra Viejo. The only difference is the wrapper. I haven't been able to find anywhere to order them online yet, if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know, Thanks!!

Dude,you live in my town. If your in Marietta, Ga, there is no excuse to be looking for sticks of that caliber online. We are fortunate enough to have several fantastic local B&Ms that get great cigars like the Anejos and the Opus. If you want to buy (and support) local, shoot me a PM and I'll tell you where to find them.

Volusianator
01-10-2011, 07:45 PM
its called a Fuente Anejo Reserva Xtra Viejo. The only difference is the wrapper. I haven't been able to find anywhere to order them online yet, if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know, Thanks!!

The Anejo has a Opus X, Hemingway and Don Carlos blend filler.

DaBear
01-11-2011, 07:56 AM
Just keep in mind that anejos are only released twice a year(winter holiday season and sometime around fathers day), so stock up on 'em when you find 'em

Cattani
01-11-2011, 08:43 AM
$30 for an OX?! Craziness!

My local B/M has them for around $10-$15, depending on vitola.

Devanmc
01-11-2011, 08:51 AM

placed an order with those folks a few weeks ago. Had to wait because they all went on vacation but other then that very pleased with my order. :tu

mighty tasty sticks for under 50bucks a bundle

awsmith4
01-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Dude,you live in my town. If your in Marietta, Ga, there is no excuse to be looking for sticks of that caliber online. We are fortunate enough to have several fantastic local B&Ms that get great cigars like the Anejos and the Opus. If you want to buy (and support) local, shoot me a PM and I'll tell you where to find them.

I'm with Matt, plenty of shops around Marietta that sell at MSRP

I would also like to suggest the La Aurora 100 Anos and the Litto Gomez LG line. Both are strong Dominican puros and have similar flavor profiles to Opus X. I actually prefer the LG by quite a margin.

BSB
01-11-2011, 09:29 AM
The Anejo has a Opus X, Hemingway and Don Carlos blend filler.

Nice!