PDA

View Full Version : Cigars International Legends Red Label by Perdomo

Emjaysmash
01-07-2011, 11:36 AM
This is just a short review on a fairly inexpensive smoke.

A nice sharp torpedo wrapped in a dark natural wrapper that it well rolled and well constructed.

the flavors I noticed in the first third:

started out with some of that "nicaraguan zing" that is characteristic in many Perdomo cigars. Makes your nose tingle a bit when snorking/retrohaling. Sweetness form the tobacco reminded me of Virginia pipe tobacco, with hints of earth. Finish was fairly earthy with a bit of bitterness once might have in a black cup of coffee.

second third was very similar, except the earthy note subsided (although was still very strong in the finish) and was replaced by a graham cracker flavor.

The final third had a return of the earthiness and a cinnamon/ginger bread flavor that went well with the natural sweetness of the tobacco. The finish was still earthy and the bitterness waxed and waned in intensity but was still present.

ash was solid, smoke was creamy. Medium body, mild-med strength.

I would smoke this cigar again.

Emjaysmash
01-07-2011, 11:37 AM
this is a nicarguan puro, btw.

hscmit
01-07-2011, 11:47 AM
glad you liked it.
this stick does very little for me, although I do enjoy the maroon, yellow, and black labels

Katmancross
01-11-2011, 08:12 PM
This is just a short review on a fairly inexpensive smoke.

A nice sharp torpedo wrapped in a dark natural wrapper that it well rolled and well constructed.

the flavors I noticed in the first third:

started out with some of that "nicaraguan zing" that is characteristic in many Perdomo cigars. Makes your nose tingle a bit when snorking/retrohaling. Sweetness form the tobacco reminded me of Virginia pipe tobacco, with hints of earth. Finish was fairly earthy with a bit of bitterness once might have in a black cup of coffee.

second third was very similar, except the earthy note subsided (although was still very strong in the finish) and was replaced by a graham cracker flavor.

The final third had a return of the earthiness and a cinnamon/ginger bread flavor that went well with the natural sweetness of the tobacco. The finish was still earthy and the bitterness waxed and waned in intensity but was still present.

ash was solid, smoke was creamy. Medium body, mild-med strength.

I would smoke this cigar again.

I've tried a few. Every one of them was rolled too tight. I had use my cigar ice pick to open them up a bit and they were still difficult to smoke.