PDA

View Full Version : Don Tomas Classico Toro

Jstone
12-28-2010, 08:52 PM
In an average week, I'd say that I smoke around 3-4 cigars. Having said that, the economical smoke is usually not for me. I like to view cigars as a reward system. I'm sure most of us do. By general rule of thumb, I typically avoid the under $5 per stick crowd. Nevertheless, today, I tried my very first Don Tomas Clasico Toro.

The first draw of the cigar left a bit of a spicy aftertaste in my mouth with an overlying mild earthy quality. The quick burn of the cigar was the first undesirable trait that I could identify. About 1/4th of the way into this stogie, I began to realize that the medium spicy taste permeated everything, bringing about the absence of the earthyness that was notably present when I first lit the cigar.

About half way through, I started to wonder why I had chosen to smoke it in the first place. The remainder of the smoke brought about the introduction of a certain sourness that did little to compliment the spice. I really struggled to finish this one and now have a lousy chalky taste in my mouth. Definitely not for me. Who else is agrees?

icehog3
12-29-2010, 12:03 AM
Don Tomas cigars suck....so I agree with you.

kelmac07
12-29-2010, 05:34 AM
Haven't had much luck with the few I've smoked either.

bajaraider
12-29-2010, 09:20 AM
I have been curious, but this seals the deal. Not going to go that route.
Thanks for the review, as hard as it may have been to finish.

Ogre
12-29-2010, 09:29 AM
I have had 2 of these and both of them were decent sticks. Guess it the luck of the draw.

awsmith4
12-29-2010, 09:46 AM
These used to be my favorite cheap smokes, haven't had one in a few years. Guess I'm not missing anything

maninblack
12-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Don Tomas cigars suck....so I agree with you.

:tpd:

Brad
12-29-2010, 04:31 PM
I've smoked quite a few of the maduro version, they were ok, especially considering the price point.