PDA

View Full Version : Break up them Lions!

Chainsaw13
12-19-2010, 03:15 PM
I think I just experienced the closest thing to a Lions Super Bowl as I'll get. Two wins in a row, and both breaking long losing streaks. I don't know about dying a happy man, but I"ll sleep good tonight. :D

KidRock
12-19-2010, 03:37 PM
:banger:)

kelmac07
12-19-2010, 04:19 PM
That's how I felt with my Bills when they were 0-8 and finally won one. :wo :wo

GreekGodX
12-19-2010, 04:38 PM
Amen

I doubt there are any Lions fans here drinking the Honolulu blue and silver Koolaid but just in case lets not get too excited about the win or Drew Stanton please! All week long now on the radio we are going to hear about lets trade Matt Stafford and keep Stanton. Or Stanton is better because he has won more games than the other QB's :pu

Superbad
12-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Hey now. I am a Bucs fan, and the lions played pretty well at the end of the game. I was born in Detroit, so I always like to see them win.

Chainsaw13
12-19-2010, 05:37 PM
I don't see them keeping Stanton and trading away Stafford. I"m just glad to see wins. You can see signs of this team improving little by little. A few more key pieces (secondary) and a few less injuries and they could be a decent team.

Starscream
12-19-2010, 08:29 PM
So it's safe to say that even with the year we've had down here, it's better to be a Panthers fan than a Lions fan?;)

OLS
12-20-2010, 06:41 AM
Congrats to the Lions mos def, I am proud of em. I think you also have to believe that they are going to keep
both QBs. The best teams have very capable seconds and are becoming a bit of a phenomenon. I think
that the Eagles are also poised to do great things with their QB situation, should they retain control over it.
I saw Drew Stanton last late summer, must have been Pre-season week 1 or something, Shack weekend. He
was looking like an all-pro with his legs and his arm. I would not mind seeing a rotation kind of like (ugh) LSU
ran last year.

Chainsaw13
12-20-2010, 07:55 AM
So it's safe to say that even with the year we've had down here, it's better to be a Panthers fan than a Lions fan?;)

Way to rain on my parade. :D :sl

GreekGodX
12-20-2010, 08:47 AM
I don't see them keeping Stanton and trading away Stafford. I"m just glad to see wins. You can see signs of this team improving little by little. A few more key pieces (secondary) and a few less injuries and they could be a decent team.

We need a little more than that.. 2 starting CB's, at least 1 linebacker, and can we get some help on the O-line? Great win but I want them to be a playoff team before we can deem them good. And they are likely at least 2 seasons from the playoffs. I'm a diehard Lions fan but I am also realistic in my expectation for them.

Chainsaw13
12-20-2010, 08:57 AM
We need a little more than that.. 2 starting CB's, at least 1 linebacker, and can we get some help on the O-line? Great win but I want them to be a playoff team before we can deem them good. And they are likely at least 2 seasons from the playoffs. I'm a diehard Lions fan but I am also realistic in my expectation for them.

Oh, I whole-heartedly agree with all of your comments. That's why I'm hoping they do the right thing and trade down with their 1st round pick. We don't need to spend big $$$ again on one person (although Suh has paid off) when we have so many holes to fill. Unless of course they can get free agents to fill those spots.

I too don't see them making the playoffs for at least 2 more years. They're still a team that needs to "learn" to win games. How many times this year did we have the lead going into the 4th quarter only to lose? I'm just glad to see they're making progress, in the right direction.

GreekGodX
12-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Oh, I whole-heartedly agree with all of your comments. That's why I'm hoping they do the right thing and trade down with their 1st round pick. We don't need to spend big $$$ again on one person (although Suh has paid off) when we have so many holes to fill. Unless of course they can get free agents to fill those spots.

I too don't see them making the playoffs for at least 2 more years. They're still a team that needs to "learn" to win games. How many times this year did we have the lead going into the 4th quarter only to lose? I'm just glad to see they're making progress, in the right direction.

Glad you aren't drunk on the koolaide like some other fans :tu I'm just hoping the Lions don't get the 5th or 6th pick that is like the kiss of death. You are most likely going to reach at that pick. I'm hoping we win out and maybe put us in somewhere between picks 10 and 15.