PDA

View Full Version : He was right.....he was going to die today

Blueface
12-15-2010, 07:14 AM
What a nut job.
What a bad shot, fortunately.
Good thing the security guard was a much better shot from further away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQjQOlJvMzE

Bunker
12-15-2010, 07:32 AM
Madness!

A lot of people are on edge though, there seems to be a new story daily.

I'll give it to the school board chairman or whoever, he has some stones trying to get the guy to talk and let the other guys go.

A new round of Fruit of looms may be needed.

Emjaysmash
12-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Whoa. Thank G-d no one else was hurt. This is very saddening.

Chainsaw13
12-15-2010, 08:28 AM
I heard the audio of this on the radio on my way into work today. To hear that no one was shot at such close range kept reminding me of the scene in Pulp Fiction.

Springsman
12-15-2010, 08:52 AM
At first I was sad for this guy who felt he had no other options and was frustrated with the system...blah blah...then I read how he'd already been convicted of stalking and other stupid stuff...now I just think he's a douche-bag.

AD720
12-15-2010, 08:56 AM
At first I was sad for this guy who felt he had no other options and was frustrated with the system...blah blah...then I read how he'd already been convicted of stalking and other stupid stuff...now I just think he's a douche-bag.

It seems pretty clear to me that the guy was struggling with some mental health issues. Very sad indeed, but not a "douchbag". It's just a shame that it ended this way but a blessing that he didn't take anyone else out with him.

I have a very good friend who had some serious mental health problems of which he was treated for and currently has under control with the help of the proper medications but it took him really hitting rock bottom to get to that point. It's a disease, just like heart disease, cancer, anything else. :2

elderboy02
12-15-2010, 09:10 AM
I agree with the comment on the video on youtube.... If the lady that was right behind him in the beginning had a concealed carry permit, the crazy bastard wouldn't have even had the chance to shoot at the board members.

Superbad
12-15-2010, 11:37 AM
This happened here in Panama City. Freaking crazy!

waffle
12-15-2010, 12:05 PM
I agree with the comment on the video on youtube.... If the lady that was right behind him in the beginning had a concealed carry permit, the crazy bastard wouldn't have even had the chance to shoot at the board members.

You realize that this occurred at a school board function, i.e. a restricted firearms site in just about all 50 states? Shooting the man would never have been an option, even if she had her concealed permit...

Commander Quan
12-15-2010, 12:08 PM

Or even one other person in the room. I just want to know why the security guard took almost 5 minutes to shoot him.

floydpink
12-15-2010, 03:32 PM
You realize that this occurred at a school board function, i.e. a restricted firearms site in just about all 50 states? Shooting the man would never have been an option, even if she had her concealed permit...

Doubt a jury would convict her, but just the same, it would have been an expensive and time consuming defense.

Springsman
12-15-2010, 03:35 PM
better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6... I'm pretty positive I'd have pulled the trigger to save someone's life if not only my own...regardless of the consequences. my .02

maninblack
12-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Saw this on CNN. Crazy! Glad everyone got out alive.

elderboy02
12-15-2010, 05:00 PM

That is why they should allow CCW on the premisis by license holders.

better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6... I'm pretty positive I'd have pulled the trigger to save someone's life if not only my own...regardless of the consequences. my .02

Amen brother :tu

chippewastud79
12-15-2010, 05:19 PM

:hm Guns in schools. :td

Bill86
12-15-2010, 05:25 PM
:hm Guns in schools. :td

Sounds sketchy but I agree. There needs to be a certain number of CCW holders on the premises of every school, depending on size. If not I think the school should pay to have people get the permit. It's not costly at all, same with the gun you could be at maybe 500-650 per person. Would be a very small investment to the safety of the students/faculty.

waffle
12-15-2010, 05:34 PM

I agree wholeheartedly about a man/woman's right to carry and protect themselves and in fact carry on a regular basis... HOWEVER...

I DO NOT agree with THIS statement that they should allow CCW on school property... Come on... schools are supposed to be a safe-haven and if I'm not mistaken the security guard (who is required by ATF to take several training classes and be recertified EVERY YEAR) was armed and did eventually end the situation... I don't get how allowing people to carry in schools is a good idea... also if we allow them in schools, what about courthouses, or governor's offices ... I mean there has to be a line drawn.

BC-Axeman
12-15-2010, 05:40 PM
u-tube makes you sign up to watch it. I saw it on liveleak.
If nobody on a campus can have a gun the what you have is a concentrated group of defenseless victims.
The purse swinging woman could have taken hum out if she had some spray perfume or hair spray for his eyes. Pepper spray even better.

GTCanuk
12-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Thank God he was a bad shot, could have been much worse

chippewastud79
12-15-2010, 05:51 PM
If nobody on a campus can have a gun the what you have is a concentrated group of defenseless victims.

By the same token, so are hospitals, sporting events, retirement homes, bars, department stores and anywhere else you cannot bring a weapon. ;)

waffle
12-15-2010, 05:52 PM
u-tube makes you sign up to watch it. I saw it on liveleak.
The purse swinging woman could have taken hum out if she had some spray perfume or hair spray for his eyes. Pepper spray even better.

The real question is where was the guy with the gun... i.e. the security guard!!! and this wasn't a "campus" it was a K-12 school... are we going to start arming minors now? This is an awful slippery slope... do I agree that they need to employ more people peace officers (people who are recertified every year and take more than 1 10 hour class) so there aren't a group of defenseless victims around? Yes I do, however do I think its a good idea for anyone with a CCW to be able to carry on school property? No, I know for a fact that normally rational parents can become quickly irrational when their loved ones are concerned and that could have dire consequences when it comes to CCWs and thats not a risk I feel we should take on.

RGD.
12-15-2010, 06:31 PM

Exactly. I don't know if Florida has a Castle Doctrine, but even if they do it wouldn't cover her shooting him.

Or even one other person in the room. I just want to know why the security guard took almost 5 minutes to shoot him.

I believe he was doing what he is trained to do in that situation. I worked security some 30 years ago for a while after I got out of the Army. He should have observed and tried to control the situation until the police arrived. Which I think he did a good job of - he made his presence known, observed and then controlled the situation when the gunman fired. I think I would have continued to talk to him though - distract him enough for the board to run out that back door. But you know - who knows.

Ron

RGD.
12-15-2010, 06:36 PM
. . . do I agree that they need to employ more people peace officers (people who are recertified every year and take more than 1 10 hour class) so there aren't a group of defenseless victims around? . . .

Here in Virginia - specifically Fairfax County - each school has at least one Fairfax County Police Officer assigned to it complete with squad car - not security officers.

Ron