PDA

View Full Version : Such thing as too much whiskey?

SvilleKid
12-14-2010, 03:57 PM
(2) Woodford Reserve Master's Collection Sweet Mash
(2) Maker's Mark 46
Woodford Reserve Master's Collection Maple Wood Finish
Old Pogue Master's Select
Crown Black
Crown Cask No. 16
Bookers
Canadian Mist (for mixing)
Blanton's (hidden away, forgot I had this!)
Knob Creek
Jefferson's Presidential Select 17 y.o.
Conecuh Ridge (one sippin glass left)
Some whiskey from Thailand that my sister brought home for me (label is in Thai)
American Honey (kinda whiskey )
Southern Comfort (more whiskey than anything else)
And some clear liquid that doesn't get discussed.

Would have some Van Winkle, but never get the good stuff in Bama, and it's always sold out when I'm in other states and checking for it. Can't buy on web, because retailers can't ship it into Bama (Yes, we are Dark Ages when it comes to alcohol!).

In contrast, I own 4 bottles of Rum (all sippin quality), two bottles of Gin, no vodka, no tequila, various single bottles of a dozen or so other liquors.

icehog3
12-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Where's the Jameson, Cliff?

Barcode
12-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Nice Collection

Brutus2600
12-14-2010, 04:31 PM
No...never too much. Excellent selection to choose from!

Bill86
12-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Woodford Masters Collection :dr :dr I hear ya on the Van Winkle, if I could ever get my hands on it. Nice collection though :tu :tu

forgop
12-14-2010, 04:37 PM
You need to expand to some tequila. I think Jeremy just might have some Don Julio for you to try at Christmas. :tu

Bunker
12-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Yes, you have way too much.

I can only do the right thing and offer to take some of it off of your hands :dr

icehog3
12-14-2010, 05:12 PM

:tpd: Yeah, Cliff, where's the Jameson?

MiamiE
12-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Damn Cliff thats nice!

Lumpold
12-14-2010, 05:16 PM

I just finished mine :(

And where's the Eagle Rare?

icehog3
12-14-2010, 05:20 PM

I just finished mine :(

And where's the Eagle Rare?

Yeah! And the Jameson!

T.G
12-14-2010, 05:24 PM
No Rebel Yell?

:sad

ninjavanish
12-14-2010, 05:26 PM
I still haven't been able to convince him to keep a respectable bottle of scotch on hand!

Lumpold
12-14-2010, 05:29 PM
I still haven't been able to convince him to keep a respectable bottle of scotch on hand!

:O And I figured you'd pinched it all.

Bill86
12-14-2010, 05:32 PM

Say it ain't so ! :sad

ninjavanish
12-14-2010, 05:33 PM
:O And I figured you'd pinched it all.

Well... There is that problem... See I have often attempted to buy him a nice label to keep in reserve... However later that same day it usually ends up spilling... Into the glass that I may have been hold in my hand... And then there's only one thing you can do with a glass full of scotch.

Matt-N-Ga
12-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Great looking selection. My wife always says I have too much, but I think I'm missing a few right now...currently in the collection

2008 Four Roses Mariage
2009 Four Roses Mariage
2010 Four Roses Small Batch Limited Edition
Four Roses 100th Anny
Buffalo Trace
Buffalo Trace 8 yr experimental
Buffalo Trace 5 year experimental
2 Bottles Stagg
2 Bottles W. L. Weller Antique Collection
Sazerac 18 yr
Thomas H Handy Antique Collection
Rip Van Winkle Lot B 12yr

also have a bottle of Macallan 12, Balvanie Double Wood, GlenMorangie Quinta Ruban
Ron Zacapa 23, Zaya, and Zafra. I keep a bottle of Milagro silver tequila on hand and always have vodka and gin for bloody marys and the such.

My wife hates my hobbies....LOL

Sville, you should come see Awsmith and I in ATL, we can find you some of those bourbons your looking for.

Bill86
12-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Nice collection Matt but IMO you're missing a few ;) Perhaps you still need to keep buying more. :r

Lumpold
12-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Well... There is that problem... See I have often attempted to buy him a nice label to keep in reserve... However later that same day it usually ends up spilling... Into the glass that I may have been hold in my hand... And then there's only one thing you can do with a glass full of scotch.

Well, then, any good father should have a bottle of Scotch for his son, no?

SvilleKid
12-14-2010, 05:50 PM

LOL!

Jeremy is the Scotch fan! Jeremy is to Scotch as I am to bourbon! He has tried to help me develop a taste for the "peat". While there have been several I thought were very drinkable, I just don't enjoy them enough to spend the money most of those bottles cost, for the little of them I would drink!

Tom: Not really a fan of Jameson. I prefer Bush Black. Just don't have any right now.

James; I've had Rare Eagle several times in past, just not any in cabinet right now, and no room for it if I brought it! I've also had Old Forester Birthday Bourbon several times. Again, just no room right now! Same thing for regular Woodford, regular Maker's Mark, Basil Hayden and Baker's, to name a few that find their way into the mix from time to time!. Still more out there to try that I've never had. As I go different places, I always go first to the bourbon section, just in case they have one of those I haven't tried!

Had a bottle of Bulleit once. Tried it, gave it away. Same with Gentleman Jack. It's still JD, which holds little appeal to me. Truth be told, the unmentioned clear stuff is also just too "corn" tasting for my liking. But it is a good fuel for flambe!!

Lumpold
12-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Sounds like someone needs to build a new whiskey cabinet, Cliff.

Matt-N-Ga
12-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Nice collection Matt but IMO you're missing a few ;) Perhaps you still need to keep buying more. :r

Hahahaha, I'm still looking for Eagle Rare 17yr.

Bill86
12-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Hahahaha, I'm still looking for Eagle Rare 17yr.

I'm just about 99% sure I've seen that at a few liquor stores in the area for somewhere around $80.

Doctorossi
12-14-2010, 07:17 PM
1) Too much corn licker.

2) Add malt.