PDA

View Full Version : If you buy a lot on line

Ahbroody
12-14-2010, 03:35 PM
I grabbed one of these today.
http://www.buy.com/prod/netsecure-smartswipe-credit-card-reader/q/loc/111/218869055.html

On amazon it has good reviews. I was going to buy an iron key, but my wife often buys stuff on line also. Not a bad gamble for 25. Free shipping.

Skywalker
12-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Very cool!:tu

Volt
12-15-2010, 11:06 AM
The reviews on this range from love it to hate it. I'd like to hear what you think about it after some use.

Ahbroody
12-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Don't worry I plan to put it through its paces with after christmas purchases both domestic and international .

guitar4001
12-15-2010, 11:30 AM
very nice. i would keep that away from my wife

Ahbroody
12-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Got this the other day and have tested it on a variety of sites including an international site selling cigars. Worked flawless entering in all CC info all info including the 3 digit security number on back was entered on most sites. Very cool device. For me I think its well worth the 20 bucks.

wife thought it was cool also.

newcigarz
12-23-2010, 03:06 PM
System Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, and 7 (Not compatible with Mac):td

Starz26
12-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Not sure what the draw to this is? If it is typing in the information for you it cannot be encrypted when typed unless the other end can decrypt as it types. Can it?

Seems the only thing this would protect you against is a keylogger on your own system and maybe not even that depending on what process the device uses to input into the webpage....

Anyone with more indepth knowledged care to elaborate?

Starz26
12-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Ok, found it...seems it is to bypass any malicious software on your computer only....

More importantly, SmartSwipe personal credit card reader is built for secure credit card transactions via the internet. It bypasses malicious malware hidden in your computer. By using SmartSwipe for online shopping, your information is securely encrypted and safe from the moment you swipe your card. Furthermore, your credit card information is safer and secure because it is never stored on your computer.

but it is a great idea to reduce typos and speed data entry

Ahbroody
12-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Hmmm well for 20 bucks I thought it was cool that even if someone got past your security they still couldnt get your card info. As to the other end obviously this would have no control over the other end.

Ooooo well such is life. I am going to use it.

n3uka
12-24-2010, 12:40 AM
My credit card offers an option for virtual numbers. You can set the expiration date and max $$ amount for purchases. I just create a new one for each purchase and set the limit for $1 over the sale. Haven't had any issues yet.

Works great for purchases when they try to automatically renew your subscription too. Gevalia hates me. :noon