PDA

View Full Version : Perdomo Habana Maduro

icantbejon
11-12-2008, 03:13 PM
This is my first review so be kind please. Also, no pictures cause I wasn't really planning on writing a review.

I looked across this site, and CS, to no avail for another write up of this stick so I guess I'm the first.

Ok, first appearances were great with this stick. The wrapper was very smooth, no visible blemishes. The band was very appealing as well. Off to a good start. Ran my fingers across the wrapper and there were no rough spots and no veins sticking out. There were also no soft or plugged spots that I could feel.

Made a nice cut to get started and took a few pre-light puffs. Got that spicy tingle in the back of my throat. I toasted the foot, but didn't get much of a smell off it from the start. Went ahead and lit her up.

My first few puffs gave me so much spice I had to step back. It was the heavy spice flavor that I have come to associate with maduro cigars. I love it. It was definitely strong though.

About a third of the way in, the strong spice had mellowed out. Flavor seemed to drain out at this time and I was left wanting. It was at this time that I wasn't sure I cared for this cigar. The burn stayed very consistent, with no touch ups needed. Smoke was very thick, very enjoyable.

Getting into the second third, flavor came back. My maduro (this is what I refer to it as cause I'm not really sure what the actual flavor is) flavor kicked in. I got back to enjoying this cigar. The smoke was still very thick, no changes there. The burn remained very even, with still no touch ups needed. The ash fell during the second third, but probably cause I was walking around.

Moving into the last third, I was really enjoying the cigar. The flavor was still great and a pleasant spice flavor had returned. I found myself blown away at this time that I was enjoying the cigar so much. In the beginning, I was questioning it so the conversion was a nice surprise. I ashed again, cause I didn't want to drop on myself but it was holding nice at the time and probably could have gone a while longer. I never ended up having to correct any burns throughout the entire smoke, just smooth sailing.

I finished this one right up to the nub, and if I had a nub tool handy, I would have kept on smoking. In the end, I really enjoyed this cigar. I will definitely be adding this to my list of go to cigars. I'll steal Don F's rating scheme and put my thoughts down that way.

Construction: 9/10
Draw: 8/10
Appearance: 10/10
Smoke & ash: 8/10
Burn: 10/10
Aroma (first part) 7/10
Aroma (middle part) 8/10
Aroma (last part) 9/10

Overall Rating 8.5/10

Would I buy this again? Absolutely. Going to try some Perdomo Lot 23 Maduros shortly I do believe.

Hope this review is decent. Next time I'll take pictures.

zmancbr
11-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Nice review.

These are probably my favorite perdomo smokes. The spice flavor I get from them is that of cinnamon and it does have quite a punch to it. Glad to hear someone else liked these. :ss

Scottw
11-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Nice review, I enjoyed it!!

JohnnyKay5
11-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Wll done.. wasnt sure if you were making love to the stick or smoking it but nice

Ratters
11-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Nice review of a good smoke. :tu

G G
11-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Nice review. I have had a couple of Lot 23s and a couple of the habanos as well and enjoyed them all. Not my favorites but a very good cigar.

dcamacho
11-12-2008, 07:19 PM
one of the best maduro :ss

Smokey Bob
04-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Excellent review of a great cigar!

I get a big hit of chocolate as well as spice from this cigar.

They do seem to benefit from some humidor time.

Robert

kaelaria
04-13-2009, 01:18 AM
I've had a couple Perdomos but wasn't impressed - I'll pick one of these up, it sounds like it might be much better!

Don Fernando
04-13-2009, 02:29 AM
good review Jon

s15driftking
04-13-2009, 06:25 AM
love this cigar! thanks for the review!

icantbejon
04-13-2009, 06:33 AM
Surprised to see this thread pop back up. I've had many more of these cigars and I still haven't been let down. The flavor profile is right along my tastes, so I thoroughly enjoy these.

darkninja67
04-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the review. I usually smoke the Corojos but had a maduro and it as very good as well.

MedicCook
04-13-2009, 01:58 PM
The one I smoked was very enjoyable.

Texan in Mexico
04-13-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm sorry, was there a review in there? With the Alba Avatar that is all I can see!

Be careful the Admiral doesn't see it.

s15driftking
04-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Surprised to see this thread pop back up. I've had many more of these cigars and I still haven't been let down. The flavor profile is right along my tastes, so I thoroughly enjoy these.

exact-a-mundo... i was on a kick where that's all i smoked for 2 weeks at my local B&M

colimo
04-16-2009, 12:09 AM
i smoked one of these tonite while i was caulking some cracks in the garage...noticed some of the same characteristics as well....strong spice early..then mellowed to a nice full smoke after a bit....enjoyed it...

my first(or maybe second) Perdomo....and was pleasantly surprised....

landman916
09-26-2009, 06:30 AM
Had my first one last night. Very enjoyable. Lots of flavor.

kelmac07
09-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Nice review Ferg!! These are in my rotation. :tu

DoctorBJ
09-26-2009, 02:49 PM
One of my faves for sure.

eboniknight
12-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Nice review.

These are probably my favorite perdomo smokes. The spice flavor I get from them is that of cinnamon and it does have quite a punch to it. Glad to hear someone else liked these. :ss

Same here. I fell in love with these from the very first draw. :)