PDA

View Full Version : Oliva V Maduro

neoflex
11-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Ordered some Oliva V Maduros along with some of the reg Oliva Vs. Did anyone else notice that there is not much difference between the wrapper colors? If it were not for the band and the fact that I already had some V torps for size comparison on hand I would swear they did not send me Maduros. I do have a couple Double Robustos from an earlier release that have a much lighter wrapper but the new stuff was tough to tell a diference.

Stogieboy
11-12-2008, 03:53 PM
I recently acquired some of the Oliva V maduros and found them to be distinctly darker.

loki
11-12-2008, 04:06 PM
maduro doesn't always mean a dark wrapper

groogs
11-12-2008, 04:14 PM
The oliva V Maduros I have look darker. They are also more full bodied than the original V.

Anthem
11-12-2008, 06:56 PM

I agree, I received some Padron 3000 Maduros and they seemed lighter than than the 2000 Maduros that I had previously ordered. I'm expecting some V maduros and also some V naturals by the end of the week. I will try to post some pictures once they come in and we'll see if there is a difference.

Darrell
11-12-2008, 07:00 PM

I disagree. Every Maduro I have and have seen (I work in a B&M) is significantly darker than other wrappers. Granted their are some dark Crillo wrappers, Maduros are always darker than others IMO.

loki
11-12-2008, 07:02 PM
I disagree. Every Maduro I have and have seen (I work in a B&M) is significantly darker than other wrappers. Granted their are some dark Crillo wrappers, Maduros are always darker than others IMO.

disagree all you care to but the fermentation of a wrapper into a maduro often leads to a darker wrapper then a non-maduro wrapper. However this is not always the case. In addition the factory will always select cigars for a box that have a similar color to the wrapper in order to assure a uniform box presentation.

renton20
11-12-2008, 07:20 PM

I think that you are right for the most part but that there are some definite exceptions. The main one that comes to mind is the partagas black. It has one of the darkest wrappers I have seen, darker than most maduros, and yet it is not a maduro itself. :2

BengalMan
11-12-2008, 07:20 PM
This is a natural maduro wrapper, not dyed or "black". Some did end up lighter than others, but all are a "maduro".

Sauer Grapes
11-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Mean D. The davidoff maduros really aren't any darker than the naturals.