PDA

View Full Version : My first french press

lbowles2
12-12-2010, 10:06 AM
I just got my first french press and after drinking my first cup I'm asking myself why I waited so long. I got the Bodum Chambord and really like it. Clean up is kinda messy but I imagine that is the same with any press. I'm just using a cheap Black & Decker burr grinder right now but it seems to work with the press ok. That is good because I can't really afford to buy a decent grinder right now.

By the way my first cup from it is a Sumatra that was roasted a couple of days ago by a local roasting company called PT's. Tasty ;)

Big_Ern
12-12-2010, 10:16 AM
I have a Bodum also and absolutely love it!!

cobra03
12-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Welcome to the french press club.I was just in the kitchen using mine. Ive been using one for about 3 years now and i love it, its the only way i make coffee at home now. My wife doesnt like it because you get some more grounds in the coffee sometimes but i find the flavour much better than with a regular coffee maker. I have a cheep Cuisinart coffee bar coffee grinder and it works great.

lbowles2
12-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Welcome to the french press club.I was just in the kitchen using mine. Ive been using one for about 3 years now and i love it, its the only way i make coffee at home now. My wife doesnt like it because you get some more grounds in the coffee sometimes but i find the flavour much better than with a regular coffee maker. I have a cheep Cuisinart coffee bar coffee grinder and it works great.

That is a major understatement!! I'm going to have a hard time drinking the stuff at work again. Typically at work I try to drink from my Keurig half the time to save on the expense of the pods but I after drinking from this press I won't want the Folgers that everybody else drinks :td

thebayratt
12-12-2010, 10:56 AM
You and me are in the same boat!
I got a Mr Coffee grinder and Bodum press recently. I will not go back to another auto drip again!! I got some Startbuck Sumatra beens and I have been drinking about 3-4 cups a day; up from one or 2 with the Mr Coffee.

BeerAdvocate
12-12-2010, 11:01 AM
I have that same press Larry. I bought a nice Cusinart Burr grinder from BedBath & Beyond for $40. If you sign up for their newsletter on their website, they will email you a 20% coupon