PDA

View Full Version : Taking the Plunge

WaxingMoon
12-09-2010, 06:40 AM
Well.... after a lot of "soul searching" which can be loosely translated in to "growing a pair".... I have come one step closer to working Full Time doing what I want to do.... building humidors.

I have been working a full time job as a Manager for a transportation company and I have spent about 11 hours a day working at this position....

Today - I sent out a request to put myself on a 1/2 day schedule on the premise of saving the company some "overhead"... not sure if it will fly or if they'll just tell me no.... No is not an option for me.... as I want and need more time in the shop to take care of job #1 - building humidors.

We'll see what happens.... Either way - I plan on getting a solid 8 hours a day in the shop.....

The way things have been going - thanks to ya'all... Waxing Moon Wood can survive and grow! I have recently partnered with a very talented cabinet maker - Jay Buchholz, and will soon be designing and offering custom cabinet humidors.

Thank you all for the continued support and wish us luck!

Ed

elderboy02
12-09-2010, 06:52 AM
Congrats and good luck! :tu

Superbad
12-09-2010, 07:02 AM
Good luck! That is good news to the people who want your products.

Glad to hear you have partnered up with a cabinet maker, did you get my PM re: a cabinet?

WaxingMoon
12-09-2010, 07:07 AM
Good luck! That is good news to the people who want your products.

Glad to hear you have partnered up with a cabinet maker, did you get my PM re: a cabinet?

I don't recall that PM.... just the one for the vino drawers???

68TriShield
12-09-2010, 08:03 AM
All the best to you Ed.

rizzle
12-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Awesome, man. Hope it works out for you. :tu

BloodSpite
12-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Well.... after a lot of "soul searching" which can be loosely translated in to "growing a pair".... I have come one step closer to working Full Time doing what I want to do.... building humidors.

I have been working a full time job as a Manager for a transportation company and I have spent about 11 hours a day working at this position....

Today - I sent out a request to put myself on a 1/2 day schedule on the premise of saving the company some "overhead"... not sure if it will fly or if they'll just tell me no.... No is not an option for me.... as I want and need more time in the shop to take care of job #1 - building humidors.

We'll see what happens.... Either way - I plan on getting a solid 8 hours a day in the shop.....

The way things have been going - thanks to ya'all... Waxing Moon Wood can survive and grow! I have recently partnered with a very talented cabinet maker - Jay Buchholz, and will soon be designing and offering custom cabinet humidors.

Thank you all for the continued support and wish us luck!

Ed

Congratulations man!!

I may end up ordering a custom unit from you at this rate!

icehog3
12-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Congrats, and wishing you all the best, Ed! :tu

CRIMPS
12-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Always nice to hear when people are able to make a living doing what the love and are passionate about.

Congrats!

Ranger_B
12-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Ed that is great to hear. Best of luck. Your design and ideas look beautiful when complete.

dwoodward
12-09-2010, 05:39 PM
How much are your drawers for edgestar's? I will probably have one here by January, will want some drawers, I love your work, just looking for prices.

longknocker
12-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Thoughts & Prayers Sent, Ed! You'll Do Fine, My Brother!:tu:D

G G
12-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Great news.:tu

Superbad
12-09-2010, 05:44 PM
I don't recall that PM.... just the one for the vino drawers???

pM resent. Not regarding the vino. Looking at doing something else for keeping my favorites at hand.

sobranie10
12-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Ed luck has nothing to do with it you have a gift that was bestowed onto you, keep up the quality and good things will happen.
I will be in touch soon. :tu

captain53
12-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Good Luck, hope all works out for the best. Your fine woodworking deserves full time dedication.:tu

hotreds
12-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Best wishes-- from another thread-- be sure to communicate with those who buy from you, esp. if you're late on deliveries! Communication is the key!
Knock 'em dead, brother!