PDA

View Full Version : Why cant I find...

flybum62
12-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Since I've been on the board, I've learned about many new- to me- brands of cigars. However, I am unable to find any around my area, like Tats. Is this because they are regional, of because I dont live in the"big city?":confused: I'd like to try some of these but would rather not buy a lot of them and not like them.

markem
12-08-2010, 07:31 PM
http://www.newhavanacigars.com/ is the place for Tats

Bill86
12-08-2010, 07:35 PM
I don't know my area is flooded with Tats, but we suffer in getting Viajes. With the except of 50-50 blacks I cannot get any in my area. So I buy them all online and from the great people here. My advice is get a tat sampler from someone here and see if you like them.

Chingas
12-08-2010, 08:10 PM
I have a suggestion.

PM me your addy for details!:tu

Brutus2600
12-08-2010, 08:18 PM
I have a suggestion.

Oh this won't end well :r

As far as not finding some of the boutique cigars at your local B&M...well not every store will have every cigar. Maybe one that's a little further away has a better selection? Or if you don't have many B&M's in your area you could start looking online...that's where I turned to find most of my boutique brands that I like.

KillerCelt
12-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Tats are hard to find locally as well. I usually use Thompsoncigars.com or leafandale.com. I just hope my local B&Ms start carrying them in the future.

maninblack
12-09-2010, 07:11 AM
Tats are hard to find locally as well. I usually use Thompsoncigars.com or leafandale.com. I just hope my local B&Ms start carrying them in the future.

Sorry brother, but I seriously wouldn't buy anything from thompson. They won't stop hounding you now.

aich75013
12-09-2010, 07:38 AM
Sorry brother, but I seriously wouldn't buy anything from thompson. They won't stop hounding you now.

I've never purchased from Thompson (after reading about them here), and somehow I received a catalog from them.
Only once though, which is strange. It was about 2 months ago.

NCRadioMan
12-09-2010, 07:49 AM
I've never purchased from Thompson (after reading about them here), and somehow I received a catalog from them.
Only once though, which is strange. It was about 2 months ago.

I just got one yesterday and I avoid Thompsons like the plague. Some other vendor is selling their mailing list, obviously. Contrary to their statement that they do not do this. Don't know which one it is but I only signed up to get a couple/three catalogs and one of them has to be the culprit. Bastids! :sl

To the OP, Tats are not made in super large quantities like Fuente or other big brands so availability is restricted. There are only 5 stores in the state of NC that carries them, officially. Before my local carried them, the nearest store was 4 hours away in NC and about 3 hours away in Tenn.

Subvet642
12-09-2010, 07:59 AM
I have a suggestion.

:hy

OHRD
12-09-2010, 10:54 AM
An option b/w B&M and online, is to purchase from B&Ms that have an online presence or do shipping - you're still supporting a "local" store this way. Some good options:

New Havana - already mentioned
Buckhead Cigar in Atlanta
Bonita Smoke Shop in FL

KenyanSandBoa
12-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Keep an eye out for them in the PIF/MAW thread...you could probably land some there too.

I have a suggestion.

Chingas...you obvously live by the "there's a sucker born every minute" rule. :D

KillerCelt
12-10-2010, 12:37 AM

Damn...they had a great selection of some tats I couldn't find anywhere else. Is there a way to call them up and make sure they don't barrage me with mailings? Also, do they pose any risk as a seller or are they just obnoxious?

Dunkel
12-10-2010, 04:20 AM
Thompson's is to cigar retailers what a creamy egg fart is to a hot date.

KillerCelt
12-10-2010, 04:46 AM

well this eases my nerves...

Conch Republican
12-10-2010, 05:42 AM
Relax Adam - if you do this long enough - I even get cigar catalogs at my office - not sure why :r

Conch Republican
12-10-2010, 05:43 AM
BTW - when you buy those cigars off me this weekend - I will start sending you catalogs

:r :r :r

CRIMPS
12-10-2010, 08:50 AM

:r:r:r

joeobx
12-10-2010, 09:29 AM
I've dealt with Thompsons before( has been a long time ago though) and never had a problem. I get their catalog but I like to look through it anyway, and I do get e mails from them but hey thats what the delete button is for.:sh

BloodSpite
12-10-2010, 09:40 AM
I have a suggestion.

Better dig a deep whole amigo

Or move :r

mikethegoalie32
12-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Get to know your local shop keep, he can probably track down some for you too. Also an option.

KillerCelt
12-11-2010, 06:10 PM
BTW - when you buy those cigars off me this weekend - I will start sending you catalogs

:r :r :r

Now I'm really worried! :r