PDA

View Full Version : First Cigars in 20 days!

OHMatt
11-11-2008, 09:39 PM
That's right, none since 10/23! A decent cold and a Damn horrible cough took almost 3 weeks, 2 rounds of antibiotics, hydrocodone cough syrup, lots of mucinex and cough drops to finally kick. This is definitely a part of living in Ohio I didn't miss while in Texas.

I have kicked the cough though, and tomorrow is my last day of the shitty job I took to *have* a job . On the drive into work it will be a Dominican Davidoff, and on the way from the job site to the "corporate office" for my exit interview will be a RASS (think its an '04). I am hoping my breath really kicks, and I will try to sit really close to the company owner and/or HR chick. :ss

New job I start on the 24th is with a big hospital network so I probably will refrain from the morning cigar and stick to just the afternoon cigar; at least for the first 90 days. :r

-Matt-

groogs
11-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Glad you are back in the swing of things.:ss

icehog3
11-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Going to make up for lost time this week, Matt? :D

Scottw
11-11-2008, 11:15 PM
enjoy them sticks Matt!

ucla695
11-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Time to get back to smoking and congrats on the new jobby job.

Cigarcop
11-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Glad your feeling better and good luck with the new job!

brigey57
11-13-2008, 08:37 PM

I have kicked the cough though, and tomorrow is my last day of the shitty job I took to *have* a job . On the drive into work it will be a Dominican Davidoff, and on the way from the job site to the "corporate office" for my exit interview will be a RASS (think its an '04). I am hoping my breath really kicks, and I will try to sit really close to the company owner and/or HR chick. :ss

-Matt-
Matt I wish you the best with the new job. Enjoy what you do and it will never be a job. =bg= :cool2: :dance:

dccraft
11-14-2008, 05:55 AM
Congrats on the new job. Glad you're finally better.

OHMatt
11-15-2008, 02:18 PM
I should be able to enjoy several more this week, woohoo!

In my week off between jobs I am going to drive down to Texas in a Chevy Express cargo van and get some things from the house that didn't quite fit into the (26') moving truck the first time. I'm not sure if this van will hold all of what is left; but I will be getting my BBQ grill (just in time for Winter), the crib the kids used, a sandbox, and whatever other crap I can fit in. :D

The van has no smoking stickers all over it so I won't be able to smoke during the drive unfortunately, but I should be able to enjoy short ones at rest stops and the evenings..

Savvy
11-15-2008, 03:31 PM
I haven't had a cigar since the beginning of September...but that was because I joined the Air Force then. Couple more weeks of tech school here and I'll be good to go. I'm definitely missing them. Probably going to smoke half of my cooler's supply when I go home for Christmas.

68TriShield
11-15-2008, 04:33 PM
No smoking signs don't count if the windows are open ;)

smokin5
11-15-2008, 05:54 PM
I just cover up the "no smoking" stickers with a Post-It.
Works every time!:ss

dunng
11-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Glad you feel better and congrats on the new job! Enjoy those tasty sticks! :ss